Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Buy a pitcher or water bottle that you can infuse fruit in... look on amazon, they have a few. Lemons, mint, berries... anything to give the water a natural flavoring should help you out!

But....but.....all the sugar.......

Fruit is healthy :)

fruit is loaded with sugar and sugar makes you fat. That's what I heard.

Nope your body knows what to do with natural sugars from fruits and veggies when you add simple sugars aka table sugar corn syrup ect it is not sure what to use it for since it has no nutritional value and converts it to fat cells. That is what your body does with anything its not sure what to do with or sends it to the liver

OK, Metabolically speaking can you explain to me how the body handles sugars from fruits differently than those from table sugar? I just want to make sure I understand before eating lbs of fruit.

Dr. Oz says that fruit helps you poop.

So does Taco Bell and it makes me fat.......

I heard GMO's make you fat AND I heard that Taco Bell uses tortillas from GMO corn. I bet that's why it makes you fat.

What about the pink slime? Will that make me fat?

Ive heard some people say its okay to log tea and diet soda as water. If I eat a taco with pink slime in it can I log 1/2 of it as water?

Sounds legit!
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Carry a water bottle with you everywhere. If you don't like the taste add fruit to it or consider getting fruit teas (i.e. http://t2tea.com/tea/herbal-fruit-tisanes/fruit/) and chilling it.

While tea is good for you, I'm pretty sure ONLY tea is isn't probably the best idea. Keep in mind there's caffeine in tea.

I find it bazaar when people say they don't like water. You don't like air too?

Fruit tisanes are a great idea - no caffeine, plenty of flavour. If you have only caffeinated drinks, you're going to get dehydrated because caffeine is a diuretic (makes you pee).

Another myth I wish we could dispense with on MFP forever... someone come to my rescue and post the Mayo Clinic link since my anecdotal evidence of non-zombies walking the earth who drink nothing but coffee and coke/diet coke won't cut it... please...

To sum up, whilst it is true that caffeine has some diuretic effect, drinking nothing but caffeinated drinks will NOT result in dying from dehydration.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I don't really think you need to be drinking 100oz of water a day. Of course you can if you want. 8-10 8oz glasses a day is plenty. Unless you are running a marathon in Arizona in August.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    gatorade. gatorade.

water sucks it really really sucks. water sucks it really really sucks!

couldn't resist.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    green tea loves you it helps with sore muscles for me.No added sweetners maybe honey when it is hot but thats when I am sore sore sore. No caff in green tea

+1 on the green tea, you can add things like dried fruit or dried ginger to it when you are steeping it. Really good stuff. No real need to sweeten it. unless you want to. Honey or agave works good.

Green tea has caffine in it unless you specifically get the decaffinated kind.
  • jesikald
    jesikald Posts: 3
    Options
    I used to only drink diet coke and coffee. I started to drink water by forcing myself to drink 32oz of water before i rewarded myself with something I wanted to drink, then another 32oz before another diet coke, etc. It didn't take very long before I craved water. Now I drink at least 150oz of water a day. I do have to pee at least once an hour.
  • suzbaru
    suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Get into a water routine.

Purchase a 16 or 24 ounce bottle; anything above 24 ounces can be daunting for NPWD (Non-Professional Water Drinkers).

Take baby steps and work up to lugging around a 32, 48 or 64oz bottle or dare I say gallon jug?

My old routine was:
    1 bottle on the way to work
    2nd before 10am
    3rd before lunch
    4th before 4pm
    5th on the way home from work
    And the last and 6th bottle to be completed anytime in the evening before bed.
    That means 96 ounces of watery goodness; that's right… 12 cups.

Once you get this down, you will notice how much more water you can and will want to consume. I personally drink around 144 ounces or 18 cups of water a day. During the summer I drink more.

I also drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and once in a great while a soda, maybe once every 3 months or so.

DO YOU PEE PROFESSIONALLY? I wish I could drink this much water .....I'd be in the bathroom all day long.

I am not only a member but also the president of TTWBC (The Tinnie Weenie Bladder Club). I probably go once every hour or two. It's a good excuse to get up move around and stretch.

I also live in Colorado, the part I live in is considered high desert, so it's like living in Arizona as someone mentioned.
  • ramonparada
    Options
    Studies show that you should consume your bodyweight divided by 2 in oz of fluids. For example you're 100lb you then consume 50oz of water a day. none of that "food has water in it" or "drink when you're thirsty" deal.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    im the same i put it down to forgetting now i fill a 2 liter juice jug up with water at night put it in the fridge and lift it out in the morning then i drink away at it during the day i find it easier to drink if i sip it constantly during the day rather than wait for later and then try and drink it all at once !
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have always struggles with water intake until recently. I now drink 3 litres a day (101 fl oz)

1. Flavour a jug of water with mint leaves, grapefruit, orange or lime slices, ginger root
    2. Put water into a sports cap bottle - I use a 750ml bottle and constantly sip, I go through 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.

I also add 1-2 fresh coffees and 1-2 teas.

I don't drink anything with sugar or aspartame in them.

Hope it helps
  • lmsh19
    lmsh19 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the same issue.... water can get so boring!

I improved my intake by carrying around a convenient 20 oz bottle with a flip cap that wouldn't leak, even when I threw it in the bottom of my purse, so I also had easy access (no screw top lids, don't ask me why, but if it's a flip top, I drank way more... easier access I suppose, lol). But even with this, I was still struggling to get in 50 to 60 oz a day.

I've now changed to a 20 oz sparkly purple cup with a straw, and I add a few slices of lemon or lime, or both, and I have no issues getting 80 oz or more. Pretty sure it's the straw that's made all the difference.

I also use an app on my phone "Drink More Water" so I can track how much I've drank throughout the day (I know MFP can track your water consumption as well, I just find it more convenient to have a water intake widget right on the home screen on my phone). You can also set an alarm on the app to remind to take a swig on a regular basis.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This water infused with the flavour of the fruit, you are not eating the fruit. However fruit in moderation is good for you. It is not processed sugar crap like soda, fruit juice from concentrate etc. I lost weight by eating a huge fruit salad every day made up of 1 large orange, 1 banana, 1 apple, grapes, kiwi, watermelon and strawberries. Half for breakfast and half for snack. YEP I did it and lost weight!
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thanks, now i'm going to be quoting waterboy all day!