Stop the hate.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love everybody.

Unless a certain time of the month comes rolling around.

Then I hate everybody and wish the universe would die and explode and be universy-chunks forever and ever and ever.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    If you go back and read the comments, you will see exactly what I am talking about. Good day.

Ok I guess she just checked out for the day. I am a bit surprised. I felt I did a pretty good job of trying to set the record straight and setting fire to any straw men that might have been created so that we could get the focus back to crux of the matter.
    If you did not see the comments that were directed at the gay marriage issue then you are simply not looking. I don't owe an argument to any one. I say what I want to say, and then leave the back and forth games to those who think that arguing with perfect strangers on an online forum is the most important thing to do in the whole day. Now if you will excuse me, real life awaits.

You certainly don't owe anyone anything and I did not even expect this response. You can certain say whatever you want and you don't have to justify it at all. We are of course well within our rights to not take you seriously since your posts would be a complete waste of space on the screen if you honestly believed that. I don't think that you do believe that at all.

I did see that gay marriage was discussed and the only way it was directed at you at all was in that you used it as an example. I also explained how your example could be targeted while your central point was not. It seems to me that you are for more angry with me than anyone else is with you.

Since you won't be reading this anyways and since you honestly don't care what anyone else has to say I guess I will go ahead and be completely frank. I don't think you have any logical secular reasons at all. I think you simply realized at some point that your argument which you made with such gusto before was a sinking ship and so now in an effort to save face you are just claiming that whole conversation was a waste of time to begin with so you can act as though you are walking away with a false sense of superiority.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered around many posts that embrace evolution as a scientic purity and the pinnacle of human understanding of what we are.

With respect to this post, science is not without conflict in its intent and support.

The concept of evolution is not a pure science, and in itself is a means to support a number of principles, some which support hate.
    1) There was no creation - once creation is discredited mankind is free from religious control and debate and define it's own morality, those moralities suitable to powers in control for their agenda and not the people they supposidly serve.
    2) Support for racial notions that the white race is the most highly evolved, and thus supporting racist hatred that blacks are inferior and other people's of ethnic origin, thus providing scientific proof that discrimition is valid and some people's must be subjucated.
    3) Development of humankind is unique in the universe, hence no other intelligence, no interference with human development, and a universe ripe for the taking.

Yes is sounds trolly, but check your history on this subject, and you will find many rationals for oppression provided by evolution and so called science.

My point - positions and people in power will use methods such as science, religion etc. to get what they want and disguise hate as rationalized, by twisting religion and science. Breath deep and don't get fooled. Take care everyone !!!
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    "Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly." -Ronald Regan
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    "Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly." -Ronald Regan

Unless he's "calling for a blood bath on our college campuses" - Gil-Scott Heron :)
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered around many posts that embrace evolution as a scientic purity and the pinnacle of human understanding of what we are.

With respect to this post, science is not without conflict in its intent and support.

The concept of evolution is not a pure science, and in itself is a means to support a number of principles, some which support hate.
    1) There was no creation - once creation is discredited mankind is free from religious control and debate and define it's own morality, those moralities suitable to powers in control for their agenda and not the people they supposidly serve.
    2) Support for racial notions that the white race is the most highly evolved, and thus supporting racist hatred that blacks are inferior and other people's of ethnic origin, thus providing scientific proof that discrimition is valid and some people's must be subjucated.
    3) Development of humankind is unique in the universe, hence no other intelligence, no interference with human development, and a universe ripe for the taking.

Yes is sounds trolly, but check your history on this subject, and you will find many rationals for oppression provided by evolution and so called science.

My point - positions and people in power will use methods such as science, religion etc. to get what they want and disguise hate as rationalized, by twisting religion and science. Breath deep and don't get fooled. Take care everyone !!!

Yes, people can/have twisted the theory of evolution as they have every other construct or theory, and yes every system of thought will serve power, but some ideas in science (earth = round[ish] ) are probably more right than others (earth = flat).

Hate is an inescapable part of the deal, there will always be differences between individuals and groups, opposing interests, simple dislike. And it has its uses too, as mentioned. You'd have to lobotomize everyone en masse to get rid of it.

People are less likely to feel 'hate' a LOT of the time, or use it to do horrible things, if they have their needs met, feel safe, are more educated, and live in society that's more equal and fair than not. I think if you're bothered to do something about it, a good way to think of it is in terms of how you can participate in politics that encourage equality and fairness.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

The concept of evolution is purely scientific. I think you are conflating the politics around the concept with the concept itself. The politics are not the fault of the concept. Diversity was observed in life and evolution is our best explanation for it so far. There is no conspiracy to support hate through evolutionary biology at all.

1) There either was a creation or there wasn't a creation and it is completely irrelevant to evolution. There are a lot of christian apologists like William Lane Craig for example that actually accept the scientifically supported theory of evolution as it is. You can twist your ideas to fit reality but you can't twist reality to fit your ideas. If your ideas about morality can only survive so long as science is silent then that is just too bad. Your ideas about morality need to be adjusted because reality is going to be what it is regardless.

2) This is just a flat out lie. There isn't one peer reviewed paper about evolution advocating a white power position. Evolutionary biologists come in all races and religions.

3) If life evolved on this planet it is not out of the question for life to evolve on other planets as well. Evolution actually claims quite the opposite of what you are saying here. The processes by which life evolved on this planet are not unique and if given the right circumstances it could happen on another planet somewhere else in the universe.

I think you sound trolly because you are a bit trolly. To be honest I am only responding on the outside chance that someone might take you seriously, I would hope that they could read this correction and realize that you were completely wrong when you wrong your post.

If you would just check your history you would see that for as long as there have been people trying to twist any idea that they can in to advocating their position there have been people correcting them. For example in the short history of this very thread you tried to twist evolution in to some sort of scary hate filled concept to make yourself feel important.

People in power will use what ever they can to support whatever they support and it does not have to be hatred. It could be anything that they agree with. Read some peer reviewed papers. Learn about evolution and you will see just how useful it is. Let me assure you that even as we speak you are benefiting from the real work that is done by evolutionary biologists every day.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

evolution ≠ eugenics
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ll34rpIHzP1qb0bobo1_500.gif
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    1zxfma.gif
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    i6kcq68q2iV2s.gif
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I used to love this thread but I hate it now.

Teehee...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    30w4cqo.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I am a person that believes in E.L.E. (Everybody Love Everybody). I feel like we as a people hate too much. We hate each other, we hate other countries, we hate celebrities, athletes, etc. What do you think? (Lets try to keep this positive that's why it's in chit-chat.)

Do you love Hitler? What about the Syrian despot who's dropping chlorine gas on civilians in different cities in Syria? What about the extremists who kidnapped all those schoolgirls in Nigeria?
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    30w4cqo.gif

dragon3Dtoon_breathingFireOnKnight_350x243_ani.gif
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yep, we should have a group love session. I'll bring the oil ;)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    We don't just hate more than any other species, though. We love more, too. Right?

Humans are way nicer than most other primate species. Baboons are spiteful, sneaky, callous bullies. I'm really glad I'm a human and not a baboon. Whatever it is you don't like about humans, baboons are like that, only much worse, and they lack all the redeeming features that humans have such as reciprocal altruism, high levels of co-operation, compassion and looking after sick, elderly, disabled and injured members of their societies.

There's a nearly 2 million year old human skull of an early Homo erectus old woman who has no teeth, and lost her teeth long before she died (they know this on account of how her jaw has worn away) ...... somebody looked after her, fed her and kept her alive. They probably chewed food for her (gross by modern human standards I know)... these people had a very primitive level of technology, i.e. only the earliest and most basic kinds of stone tools. Their brains were barely bigger than the average chimpanzee's. Yet she was someone's beloved mother or grandmother and someone kept her alive when she was too old to care for herself.

There's the skeleton of a neanderthal man who survived a very severe blow to the side of the head that crushed one of the orbits of his skull (where the eyeball goes) and the side of the skull, and left him paralysed on one side of the body (on the opposite side of his body to the smashed in skull, his bones are wasted away, consistent with the muscles having never being used for anything, i.e. a pattern consistent with paralysis) - he was blind in at least one eye and half paralysed and at some point the paralysed hand was either lost or amputated... he survived for a long time after suffering this injury, which means that someone looked after him. Maybe his mother, maybe other people in his tribe. They fed him even though it would have been impossible for him to hunt (neanderthals hunted huge animals like bison and mammoth that required a high level of brute strength), he would probably also needed help for a lot of day to day tasks, i..e. anything that requires two working hands. He may have been unable or barely able to walk.

Humans are nice like that... and we seem to have evolved to be nice, i.e. increased co-operation, increased compassion, and increasing our chances of survival by banding together and helping each other (for the most part, of course there's always been selfish and uncooperative people, but compared to most other primates we're extremely nice.).

(for references: the old woman's skull was discovered at Dmanisi, Georgia* and the neanderthal man at Shanidar in Iraq.)

*the country, not the US state
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    If there was no hate, we'd all die of over population.:laugh:

I love to hate on Congress and government.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition