C25K buddies wanted!

Options

Replies

• JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Well what a suprise....W5 D3 completed today...was not as hard as I thought it would be and my jogging was at just under 5mph...
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Got Week 4 Day 2 tomorrow. Felt great after Day 1
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Well went to the gym today, thought I would go easy on myself as I completed W5D1 yesterday.....but thought what the heck just put it on W5D2 and wanted to maybe do the first half as never tried 8minutes constant....ended up completing W5D2....yea ha...was not as bad as I thought it would be....will leave W5D3 until Tuesday for an early morning session.....Really impressed with myself today even if I must say so......

Awesome! Week 5 scares me lol. I'm on W4D2 today and I have a feeling I will be repeating W4, at least an extra day or so.
  • JohnDun
    Options

Awesome! Week 5 scares me lol. I'm on W4D2 today and I have a feeling I will be repeating W4, at least an extra day or so.

Hi just keep going. Set a nice pace for yourself and just jogon...give it a try you might be suprised at what you can do now...W6D1 starts tomorrow.....cant believe am so far into this programme.....
  • esjayyy31
    esjayyy31 Posts: 16
    Options
    I followed the program until week 7 when I got sick for about 2 weeks! But there was a charity 5k for my job and I really wanted to participate so I did! And I made it to the finish line!!!! I was really surprised at my time and the sheer joy I felt.

Lots of encouragement going out to all of you :) You can do it!! There may be hurdles along the way but that's what makes it worthwhile :)
  • sleche
    sleche Posts: 46
    Options
    I just did wk 2 day 2 add me!
  • KEH912
    KEH912 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am on Week 7 Day 2. This app has been great for motivating me to run. You really notice your improvements. Good job to everyone else.
  • LadyKickAssington
    LadyKickAssington Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started week 1 last monday and had to stop, about to start it over again this week.....hope I make it through. Feel free to add me! good luck!!
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just started C25K this week, I will be ready for Week 2 starting Monday. I found this last week super easy because I had previously been doing interval running. But I really do like it thus far, the App is great! Any tips on other types of cardio I can do between the 3 days of C25k?
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Started week 1 last monday and had to stop, about to start it over again this week.....hope I make it through. Feel free to add me! good luck!!

Take it slow....when it says JOG...its the speed you set....I made this mistake and by W4 I had dropped down with the speed....now completed W6D1....walk at 5kph and jog at 7.5kph...very comfortable at this bit....good luck and keep going....
  • JohnDun
    Options
    So thats Week 6 Day 1 out of the way...not so bad.....Will do W6D2 tomorrow, was going to wait until Tuesday but will be at the gym anyway.....nice 2 x 10mins of jogging.....easy (cough splutter)....

Keep going folks ...... we can all reach Week 9 D 3....
  • Kassandra772
    Kassandra772 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just about to start week 3 tomorrow! I never thought I would make it this far:). It's also great reading all of the tips everyone has. Feel free to add me :)
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello folks!

I will be commencing W4d1 on Tuesday, eeek!

Was quite proud of myself running for three minutes! I don't even run a bath! ;) Feel free to add me x
  • random_20
    random_20 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all staring this tomorrow, planning on doing ntc and walking on the alternate days. Just bought my new running shoes ????feel free to add me
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Well my training idea for W6D2 went out the window and I managed to complete it...so thats not bad at all......will just do some mild jogging and build upto W6D3 on Thursday unless I decide to do something mad and try it on Tuesday...hmmmm will have to think about it....

Keep going folks....
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 tomorrow anyone want to add feel free need all the help whem it comes to running lol :)
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Been a few days since I checked in. not a great weekend. But I did Week 4 Day 2 Thursday night. No issues. Sunday I went running with a couple guys from church and didn't follow C25K. I did a total of 45 minutes starting with a 15 minute run, with several other 5 minute runs.. Gonna do Week 5 Day 1 tomorrow. I am running with these same guys next Sunday, So my goal is to do 20 minutes, then run walk.
  • msagrero08
    msagrero08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2! I alternate couch to 5k with the 30 day shred DVDs.

I'm doing the same well actually is Ripped in 30, and I will start the c25k today!
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So cool how many people are doing C25K! I'm on week 2 day 3 today. I may do one more day of week 2 before hitting week 3. I've done it before and never finished. This time, I will finish! Feel free to add me!
  • cindylou54166
    Options
    I'm sorry, but what is C25K?