whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    eating 300 calories for a meal is absolutely ridiculous...

You need to pick better options......8 oz lemon pepper tilapia, 2 cups cooked spinach, and 1 cup cooked cauliflower around 330 calories. I only made it half way through this meal and I was full so I guess my 165 calorie meal of PURE nutrtion is just absolutely ridiculous HA! PPL really should research stuff before they post

Better choices for sure!! And have more SMALLER meals. Some people don't care to take advice.

LOL

Please explain the benefit of having more smaller meals throughout the day as opposed to one large meal and fasting for most of the day?

For me, the benefit is not getting bloated from stuffing in 700 calories worth of food all at once. I also enjoy eating so I like to be doing it as often as possible. :) But everyone's different.

YES!! It sucks to have a nice flat/toned belly, then eat one HUGE mean and have your gut sticking right out there! I will stick with my small meals that consist of everything I need... like high protein for workouts. This morning I had 2 eggs, 1 cup of Dannon lite and fit yogurt, and a half cup of mixed berries. It was under 300 calories, and I was full until my morning snack at 1030 :-)
  • unknownsample
    Options
    Chicken of the Sea (Light Tuna in Water)~ 100 calories
    Tortilla ~ 140 calories
    Salsa ~ 10 calories
    Siracha ~ 10 calories
    Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge ~ 35 calories

285 calories. Mix and heat the tuna, cheese wedge, salsa, and siracha in a frying pan over heat. Takes a few minutes. Cook the tortilla to desired crispiness on another burner. Incredibly filling and flavorful, largely on the strength of the tuna.
  • jrue1985
    Options
    Oh, and my biceps have increased in tone and size since I took that picture about 2-3 months ago... I guess that would be yet ANOTHER positive result of how I have been fueling my body and working out.

Funny how now that you want excellent results you have decided that you might need more food/fuel. Too bad you didn't discover that back in 2011 ..... imagine where you would be right now if someone had stepped up and told you to stop eating so little.

Now that you want to achieve more you are eating more.... yet you are angry with those that are suggesting it from the get go and hopefully preventing people from eating so little from the start.....

Do you realize that when you eat so little you burn off 50% fat AND 50% muscle.... if you eat properly and exercise hard you maintain most of your lean mass and mainly burn fat ? So all of that muscle you lost the past 2 yrs you are only now regaining ? Also, if you are eating at TDEE or below, you are NOT building muscle....at all You are strengthening what you have and shedding fat layers so the muscle is more visible. NO ONE gains muscle on a calorie deficit

Once again, eating the way I did while I was losing weight worked quite well for me. I did not need to eat more than I was as I didn't have much time to exercise, THEREFORE the lower calories was all the fuel I needed for what I needed to accomplish. I didn't need anyone "Stepping up" to tell me what to do and how to do it. I successfully lost the weight I needed to. I had ALREADY lost the muscle during my pregnancy as I was often sick, and very tired through most of it. So now I have gained pretty much all of it back, and am working on more. If someone has a low activity lifestyle and needs to lose weight, eating more isn't going to help them, but 300 calorie recipes will.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Tuna Melt
    1 pouch chunk light tuna in water 80cal
    1 sandwich thin 100cal
    3/4 ounce swiss cheese 75 cal
    A veggie side
    Toast bread and heat tuna on stove, melt cheese over tuna, put sandwich together.
    255 cal + veggie calories
  • jrue1985
    Options
    Lunch was 345 calories. I had a turkey sandwich on 2 slices of wheat bread, with spicy mustard, colby jack cheese slice and pickles. I wanted banana peppers and lettuce too but didnt' have any peppers, and didn't feel like opening the lettuce for one slice this morning (I was running late). I also had almonds. I would have liked to have more veggies though! BUT, it was yummy, and I am not feeling hungry anymore :-)
  • jrue1985
    Options
    Tuna Melt
    1 sandwich thin 100cal
    A veggie side
    Toast bread and heat tuna on stove, melt cheese over tuna, put sandwich together.

I LOVE MELTY TUNA!!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Tuna Melt
    1 sandwich thin 100cal
    A veggie side

I LOVE MELTY TUNA!!

:laugh: So do I! I was so stoked when I figured out how to do a lower calorie version that tasted just as awesome!
  • smclamb50
    Options
    Baked acorn squash with 1 tbsp light butter and 1 teaspoon brown sugar! I'm obsessed....soooooooo good and under 200 calories for one half of a squash...
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this. there are a lot of great ideas!!
  • vsecretx3
    vsecretx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is helpful, thanks!
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna bookmark this threat...so many great ideas.

I've been digging veggie burger/wraps lately. I usually take a black bean burger (I should make them from scratch, but I usually only have time for frozen ones), cut it up, put some cheese and spinach or some other kind of lettuce on a tortilla, and bam. I don't have a set recipe, but it's usually under 300 cal. It's good stuff.

That or quinoa with black beans and corn. Super filling.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love making bacon and egg burritos.

1 Large egg
    1 Slice Turkey Bacon
    2 TBSP Chunky Salsa Hot
    2 TBSP Nonfat Plain Greek yogurt
    1 High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla

I've recently started adding cheese, an extra egg, and 1 more slice of bacon. The extra ingredients put it at around 398, but without the extras, it should fall below 300 calories.
  • amg871
    amg871 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    Fish baked with lime and cracked pepper and a huge serve of stir fry veges. Well under 300 calories if you choose a white fleshed fish.

15dtfsm.jpg
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A double serving of Costco's chicken and chive dumblings. 280 cals, and probably a lot of salt. But that is what I eat for second dinner.

My husband and I got food poisoning from those. We don't go near them anymore. Bleh! Miserable few days.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fish baked with lime and cracked pepper and a huge serve of stir fry veges. Well under 300 calories if you choose a white fleshed fish.

15dtfsm.jpg

That looks delicious
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    That looks delicious

It was. I'm still surprised by how much I've liked the switch to healthier food though.

And to think I thought a Beef steak with Pork sausages and Chicken wings was by far the best balanced evening meal a few weeks back. LOL
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My lunch & dinner today were pretty good & around this amount!

Lunch was tuna (~100 cals) & a salad with kale, raspberries, tomatoes & cheese with champagne pear dressing (~200cals)!

Dinner was alfredo pasta! (High fiber penne 180 cals, cup of tomatoes, garlic, & alfredo pasta sauce ~120 cals)

I really like eating smaller amounts more frequently throughout the day now. :smile:
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I found these terrific recipes on cooking light through a google search, you should all check them out. They are all 300 calories or less and look pretty yummy and filling.

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/300-calorie-dinners-00412000076815/

Thank you for this link. I have just bookmarked and Pinterested it :)
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    750+ calorie dinners:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/shutupandlift13?date=2013-04-02

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/shutupandlift13?date=2013-04-03

For the record, I practice IF *most* of the time. Snacking just encourages binging for me. I'd rather just let myself eat a lot when I'm most hungry, after my workouts in the evening. Its easiest for me that way since I am usually very busy at work and below ground most of the day, I don't even really think about food that often unless I'm in an office with the 6lb bag of gummy worms and trail mix staring me down.

And that's lovely for you but that's not the topic of this post.

Agree kh :)