Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• mscottdodd
    Options
    I happened to look at a jar of kosher dill pickle spears (Great Value/Walmart), and the serving size is 3/4 of a spear. Seriously? A serving is a spear, maybe, but not 3/4 of a spear. It says a serving is 1 oz, and I can understand wanting to go with an even ounce. But that is not how someone putting a pickle on a plate will think. We moistly think, one spear, one serving. They are all cut to a specific standard to fit the jars!
  • mdhughes33
    Options
    The one I have on hand right now is 2/3 of a cup per serving for 210 calories. Yikes! I use 1/3 cup as a topping for yogurt; that's really all I can do with it.

Ezekial Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal is half a cup......
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The one I have on hand right now is 2/3 of a cup per serving for 210 calories. Yikes! I use 1/3 cup as a topping for yogurt; that's really all I can do with it.

Ezekial Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal is half a cup......

Yes, this! Cereal servings are so disappointing! And then, when you weigh them on a digital scale, you find out that it's not even enough to fill up a half cup. Makes me want to cry every time. I do love my cereal.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. What sane person eats pop tarts?

Fixed that typo for you. :tongue:

YAIS! Pop tart taste like fake cardboard. Even has a fat kid I hated them. Yuck!
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We bought one of those ready-made pizza doughs (like Bobolis) and it said something like "Serving size: 1/6 of pizza. Servings per container: 8." What?! How does that even work out? The family and I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out how to even make it work mathematically before we gave up.

Oh man, I laughed hard on that one.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    We bought one of those ready-made pizza doughs (like Bobolis) and it said something like "Serving size: 1/6 of pizza. Servings per container: 8." What?! How does that even work out? The family and I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out how to even make it work mathematically before we gave up.

Oh man, I laughed hard on that one.

I am with you ^^ LMAO!!! This entire post had me shaking my head (saying OMG right to myself) and laughing hysterically!!!
  • upsidedownjelly
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

I had a roommate who would eat ONE HALF OF ONE POPTART.. A box would last this girl, like an entire semester. Well, it would have if I hadn't intervened.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    Poptarts. Even though they a re packaged as two in the tin foils, a serving of poptarts in one. How crazy is that?
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lol Ramen noodles. Serving size is half a block of noodles!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I was looking at a drink yesterday that had 263ml but a serving was 200ml.

What is that bull****?

Got some soup that is like that. The container holds 283 ml, but a serving is 125ml, so there are 2.26 servings per can.
  • nmulrick
    nmulrick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

THIS!!! :noway:
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats. >:(
  • tlynnest
    tlynnest Posts: 112
    Options
    Toblerone Bar, 1/3 Bar =1 serving- R u kidding me? Share with 2 other people? AND 167 calories per serving! No, no...
  • JudithEssex
    JudithEssex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will say, I have tiny "snack bags" that I portion out almonds. It does take sometime; but it solves the "portion" problem.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    First world problems.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh no I have an even better one. Damn Fiber One brownies.

The commercial came up, I'm hungry as hell, that brownie looks big, fluffy, and delicious. 90 calories!? (If I remember correctly). I'm sold!

Head to the supermarket, buy me some Fiber One brownies, get home, open the box.

A damn brownie is like the size of my pinky. Length and width. DAMN IT.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    A quarter cup of ANYTHING.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of croutons in the cabinet... serving size 2 tablespoons. How are you supposed to measure that when most of the croutons won't even fit properly in an actual tablespoon? Why not just say "serving size about 2 croutons"? On top of that -- while it's obviously healthier to go with none anyway -- what kind of salad that includes croutons only uses two of them?
    Agreed! I also agree about the nuts too...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.

YUP Cereal is a *kitten*! One cup! ONE! One freakin cup is supposed to do the trick?! NO! I REFUSE! Must..have..two..or..more..

I have a lot of cereals that are in 3/4 cups.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    They're actually called macarons. Macaroons are something entirely different. I don't understand all this angst. Why can't you have say a half serving of something? I often do. And there's no reason that one pop tart, or one anything, or part of a package, can't be stored. Or eat them both, enjoy it, and record it as two servings. People, get a grip!

My life is over..... what in the world am I going to do with THAT?! shove that pink quarter back where you found it, please and thank you.
    [/quote]

Macaroons are famous because they are very hard to make ("high kitchen" sweets) and in this country you have entire shops built around them - same in Western-Northern Europe.

My personal opinion it is an overhyped pastry sold at literally the price of gold... and it tastes like egg whites and SUGAR. But many people seem to love it.
    They are very fattening of course.
    [/quote]

Hmmmm, oddly enough, I love marshmallow fluff, but have yet to have the world renound macaroon. I'd have to try it and see if it's worth all the fattyness. Lol.
    [/quote]