Prayers to those affected at the Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers for all those affected by the Boston bombing. Cowardly, sick act.
  • MelodyAnn323
    MelodyAnn323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's times like these I am thankful that God know's the prayers of my heart when I don't have words to express them. Keeping all those impacted by this horrific event lifted up.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Prayers? (as if everyone with a moral compass does this)
    God?
    Death penalty?

What is wrong YOU guys? This isn't the time for this selfishness.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is so awful thoughts and prayers to those effected x
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    someone on facebook just posted that there is another one that just went off
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    This is really sad news indeed. The coverage on the news is pretty horrific. People just out enjoying themselves and their lives ruined....I hope that it was not a terror attack but just some very unlucky accident, I know that might sound terrible but there is a big differance in both the situations......
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, I didn't know there were casualties, but I bet the numbers keep rising. My niece's boyfriend (long distance runner for college track team) is there and she can't get a hold of him. How horrible, who would do something like this?!?

I pray that she gets a hold of him and that he's safe. Hopefully it's just a lack of cell service due to all the chaos right now. Praying for your family.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    In Boston they are saying no casualties yet. I just came in from watching at mile 23 when it happened. Can't get a hold of anyone all phone circuits jammed up.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe

The Boston Globe twitter feed says it was a controlled detonation of a third device.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options

My news channel is saying the third one was most likely set off on purpose/controlled by the bomb squad.

How terrible... I can't imagine putting in all that time training, etc to have something like this happen at the end.
  • texasgrower
    Options
    Please say a prayer for the people that are injured that they have a speedy recovery and also pray for the families of the people that were killed. We do not know when it is our last day, so it is important to tell our loved ones that you love them.
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sending my condolences to the families of those killed today and my thoughts go out to anybody affected. Such a tragic state of affairs on a day that should have been a celebration x
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This makes my heart so sad! Good thoughts going out to Boston.
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    it is so sad! I was able to get in touch with one of my sisters that's there but she's been separated from her family and can't get in touch with them. I of course try to read what little I can online since I'm at work and there's people making freaking evil comments!
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    Three explosions. One of them controlled because they found a third device and detonated it themselves... latesst i've heard
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My prayer are with those hurt... I can't believe this happened so close to my home... make me sad...

Now the JFK library is on fire but they don't know if its related. Also reporting a third explosion..
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    In Boston they are saying no casualties yet. I just came in from watching at mile 23 when it happened. Can't get a hold of anyone all phone circuits jammed up.

They are suggesting trying to text the people you are attempting to locate since it uses less bandwidth
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    They shut down the cell service in the Boston area. Frustrating, but they were afraid the devices may have been controlled remotely, so they had to kill off the cell towers for awhile.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No major news agency on-line is saying there are casualties...

Still, very tragic indeed. Praying for all affected.

Edit: just read that there are officially 2 dead. Heartbroken... :cry:
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Boston Police just confirmed 22 injured and 2 dead. :sad:
This discussion has been closed.