How many dates should a guy pay for?

Options

Replies

• Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think it's nice for the guy to pay for the first date, after that 50/50 or who ever invites isthe nicer way to go. But I must admit, I love to be spoiled
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This question again? In my humble opinion, there is no right or wrong answer. You pay for as many as you want to pay for lol. I think that generally guys tend to pay for all of them until he and the girl are officially dating but I wouldn't say that's the RIGHT way. I also wouldn't say that it's the WRONG way. All men and women are different and hold their own opinion on the matter. I personally don't care either way but I do think it's cute when the guy won't let me pay. Not because I'm a gold digger or anything. I'm extremely independent BUT it just feels good when a guy does something nice for me. Plain and simple. On top of that, I think guys end up paying because they are usually the ones to ask for the date.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    My hubby paid for the first one and then I realized he was broke and paid for the rest after that. Lol. It all worked out. He was broke and I wanted to do things, therefore, I paid. Heck, I even bought his gas. Who cares as long as you enjoy spending time together?
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I always liked 50/50. however, if the guy took me on dates and paid I always returned the favor on the next date. Take turns paying. :)
  • Ladymomo9
    Ladymomo9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, when I met my husband, he paid for everything all the time. I always offered no matter what and even in our marriage I often offer to pay when we are out. I don't think it matters really. I'm curious to the kind of girl you are dating. If your intentions are a relationship or marriage, it's not about taking score dude! It's about having fun, getting to know each other and if you can't afford to spend big, use your brain and come up with some great, imaginative ways to win her over by a picnic or something fun that won't cost much. A good woman is hard to find and if you are keeping score, you probably aren't ready for marriage cause once the babies come rolling along, your wallet will always be empty! Have fun, Good luck!
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It's nice to be treated from time to time and that goes both ways. As a woman I don't have a problem paying what so ever. :flowerforyou:
  • LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    All of them...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I want the guy to offer to pay for the first date, but he doesn't have to. That might be weird, but I don't care. As for the the subsequent dates, I like to either work out who's paying before we go or pay for our own. Man, maybe the fact that I'm so upfront about this is why I never got many dates...
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I always pay on the first. But one time had my date pay for me even though I asked her out. Too bad I couldn't keep her.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    It's been about 35 years since I have been on a date. Back in my day, the man always paid.

Then again, that was before TV. :laugh: :wink:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    all of them. *waits to be hit with tons of feminist bullsh!t*

2i7mhec.gif
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    asker should pay. if i asked some gent' to go to dinner, i shouldn't expect him to whip out his wallet. "hey, do you want to buy me food?" really?

however, if the lady in question offers to get her own tab, you CAN step in and not let her pay. i feel uncomfortable letting my friends (male or female) pay for me, so i try to beat them to the tab if they have a habit of covering the entire outing.

:)
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    I think you pay until the divorce papers are finalized at which point you will also be required to purchase an addition for her lawyers house
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Think a guy should pay for the first date (and that includes the tip). After that, perhaps split the difference each time you go on a date. Now if we're talking anniversaries, let the guy pay for the entire meal. Maybe it'd be wise for the lady to handle the tip.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Until we are living together and sharing finances.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Whether you alternate who is paying or split the bill, I feel it should be equal. As a woman, it's not because I'd feel "like I owed" him something if a guy always paid. It's just that if I want to be treated like an equal in a relationship & in society I should probably act like it and put my money where my mouth is. No double standards here... forget the gentlemanly thing to do, saying a guy should always pay conveys inequality to me.

This. TOTALLY. The second a guy starts acting with too much forceful 'gentlemanliness', I feel myself shifting into some category of more powerless person, which I deeply resent. On a good date, I want to connect, and sharing the $ is the same as sharing the fun.

Dutch, on a first date, always.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I always feel the guy should pay for all dates. I am old fashion like that and I enjoy doing it. There have been times where someone insisted and I am fine with that....but generally I will always pay for my dates.
  • westerly34
    westerly34 Posts: 898
    Options
    first few they should split the check
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    All of them.

How YOU doin'?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    On the first date I always make the fake move to grab my wallet when the bill comes around, but if he actually takes me up on then he's a cheap *kitten* with no class. lol

I don't think there's any "rule" about how many dates the guy should pay for after the first one. Unless it's all dates before sex.