McDonalds McWrap

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten in fast food places in years with the exception of last summer with family visiting from England. Had a big mack and fries........ tasted absolutely disgusting. I guess either the force is strong within these places or most people have a genetic taste bud deficieny.:happy:

Big Macs are disgusting. I have no idea how anyone eats those.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten in fast food places in years with the exception of last summer with family visiting from England. Had a big mack and fries........ tasted absolutely disgusting. I guess either the force is strong within these places or most people have a genetic taste bud deficieny.:happy:

they just don't know what good food actually tastes like
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    And yes i looked at the McWrap, and figured I'd have to buy it without sauce. Not really worth it.

Why? Looking through your diary I see plenty of meals and items that have more calories than a grilled chicken McWrap. That pizza and dark chocolate you had a couple days ago has more than a crispy chicken McWrap.

And you had about 400 calories of chocolate mousse pie a few days ago.

Yet you say you'd "have to" get a 390-calorie item without the sauce in order to have one?

:laugh: Dont poke jonnythan he can smell BS a mile away :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    And yes i looked at the McWrap, and figured I'd have to buy it without sauce. Not really worth it.

Why? Looking through your diary I see plenty of meals and items that have more calories than a grilled chicken McWrap. That pizza and dark chocolate you had a couple days ago has more than a crispy chicken McWrap.

Yet you say you'd "have to" get a 390-calorie item without the sauce in order to have one?

:smile:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous. Stop putting crap in peoples heads. You could probably eat 1 McWrap once a week for the rest of your life and nothing would happen. You ppl act like they are using some alien ingredients that are going to kill you by eating one flipping McWrap lol.

Go home make a home made tortilla, get your cheese, lettuce, tomato, get some chicken and brine it, season it and grill it. Make a wrap and your sauce to it then sit down while you are eating it and write down every single ingredient you used from the the ones it took to make the tortilla to the seasoning you put on the chicken, etc.

Moderation ppl. I get you may be all organic, or 100% clean but if thats the case there is no rhyme or reason to bash other foods that you dont choose to use in your lifestyle. So just stop you look stupid.

I for one am too lazy to raise my own chickens, grow my own veggies, or grains to make tortillas, and def not buying a cow to make cheese. A little more realism and a little less hypothesis goes a long way.

915aba8f2e45a34006ba05a2954bef69.jpg
  • CoachReddy
    Options

not really. he creates strawman arguments by criticizing people's food diaries. just because I ate a fast food burger yesterday (which I did) doesn't mean it's something I do regularly, and doesn't mean I thought it was a "good" option. It was just the best choice I could make in that circumstance. to criticize people for doing the same is pretty low.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I THINK I remember McDonalds. Isn't that the place with the double yellow arcs in front?
    Something about a clown too?

I agree with bits and pieces of a lot of what was said. Is McDonalds killing us? No, but many people allow fast food to kill themselves. Do many fast food chains promote food like it is healthy (short of calling it healthy)? Yes they do.
    Acquiring healthy food is on our own shoulders, eating pre-made food without finding out the nutrition facts is our own fault. But the convienance for the cost does not make the choice easy.
    For some people getting into the habit of making their own food is a big change in and of itself. That should be the promotion going on everywhere. "Cook healthy and delicious foods quickly at home." Unfortunately, advertising cost a lot and big fast food chains can afford to market their cheap, not necessarily healthy foods.
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    It looks good
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Ridiculous. Stop putting crap in peoples heads. You could probably eat 1 McWrap once a week for the rest of your life and nothing would happen. You ppl act like they are using some alien ingredients that are going to kill you by eating one flipping McWrap lol.

Go home make a home made tortilla, get your cheese, lettuce, tomato, get some chicken and brine it, season it and grill it. Make a wrap and your sauce to it then sit down while you are eating it and write down every single ingredient you used from the the ones it took to make the tortilla to the seasoning you put on the chicken, etc.

Moderation ppl. I get you may be all organic, or 100% clean but if thats the case there is no rhyme or reason to bash other foods that you dont choose to use in your lifestyle. So just stop you look stupid.

I for one am too lazy to raise my own chickens, grow my own veggies, or grains to make tortillas, and def not buying a cow to make cheese. A little more realism and a little less hypothesis goes a long way.

915aba8f2e45a34006ba05a2954bef69.jpg

That all you got? Contribute much lol

Edit....can I atleast have gotten an AMEN? :laugh: It took me like 30 mins to type that up I got hungry inbetween lol BUT TY :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    not really. he creates strawman arguments by criticizing people's food diaries. just because I ate a fast food burger yesterday (which I did) doesn't mean it's something I do regularly, and doesn't mean I thought it was a "good" option. It was just the best choice I could make in that circumstance. to criticize people for doing the same is pretty low.

Speaking of strawman arguments, I didn't actually say any of those things :laugh:
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of fast food is cheaper per calorie, but since we don't generally want that many calories anyway it's a false economy.

I saw these images going around tumblr and I was super skeptical because some of their veg and meat seemed really cheap. So I actually sat and went through all the calculations using the UK supermarket Tesco. Right enough, the UK food was more expensive- but so was the burger king. I worked out this meal at something around £22 for the BK and £19 for the Tesco shopping (sadly I don't have the picture on this computer to show you!). Only difference is it was frozen minced beef- not the best quality- because I really had no idea what that sausage-looking package of beef was like. But you could spend that £3 difference on better beef and you're still eating a lot healthier for the money.

tumblr_m1qiwvLwgP1rsif13o1_500.jpg

Damn you, now I want a whopper and some orange juice. :laugh:
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Speaking of strawman arguments, I didn't actually say any of those things :laugh:

nope. you just said them about other people this time.
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My experience withose wraps, is that they go right thru me! so I jst dont eat them! i am sure it is not real food, because how csn you still be hungry after?
  • jonnythan
    Options

nope. you just said them about other people this time.

No, I never said any of those things about anyone.

You often directly accuse me and others of saying things we absolutely did not say in any way shape or form.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think it is silly that people blame the fast food joints. It isn't like they say eat my cheeseburger and you wont gain no weight. I want to say everyone knows that fast food is unhealthy but I wont because I am sure there are some that don't. But with the places putting calories on there menus make it to the point were people can't blame them any longer. I love to eat fast food and I know it is unhealthy for me but I don't blame them for making me gain weight in the past. I know it is my own fault that I went there. People just need to know that their choices they make about food are their CHOICES not the fast food places.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has a large menu of meals under 550 calories. They're a little high in sodium (like most restaurant food), but they're carefully engineered to give you a delicious. filling meal for a few calories. My favorite is the Jalapeno Lime Shrimp that clocks in at 300 calories -- including the rice.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I recently saw an advertisement for the new McDonald's Chicken Wrap on Facebook. Before that, I read a nutritional review on the product and let's just say that out of everything in the wrap, the tomato & lettuce are the only items that are just that, the chicken alone is made up of over 20 ingredients!

A friend on FB "liked" the promo picture and someone commented "You're killing people with this food!" and it made me think: Is McDonald's and similar restaurants really killing people when it's our choice to eat there or not?

Source for nutrition - http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/03/27/mcdonalds-mcwraps-a-nutritious-choice/

Yes, McDonald's is definitely killing people. Good post and link. There's a McDonald's with wifi three blocks from my house. I've gone back to college and once in a while walk up there with my laptop to work on a paper, just to get out of the house. There is NOTHING on the McD menu that I can eat that's healthy. They used to have a fruit and walnut salad with sugary nuts, but the yogurt, apples and grapes were good. I found out they've discontinued that salad. It's better for me if I just stay away from McD completely.

Depending on your level of activity and how carefully you look at McD's nutritional info on their website, I would say McD's is not "killing" folks. If you are completely sedentary, then you probably should stay away from McD's, yes. But if you are active and want to be on a budget... it may work out for you short term or occasionally. They post the information online and you can ask for it at the locations. In some locations they even have it on the menu. I haven't given in to temptations to eat there yet, but the day will come. Their food tastes delicious to me. I know it is mostly horrible. Just like me, folks make a conscious decision to indulge (sometimes it is because of misinformation, ignorance, lack of necessary funds to eat better, no other options at the moment, etc.) They DO have things under 400 cal on the menu. The fruit and yogurt parfait is less, I believe, and they have made some of the breakfast items lower in cals now. I don't hate McD's for their fast food that they have been selling like crazy for longer than I have been alive. People keep buying it, they will keep selling it. It is a business. That is just how it works. But it is completely anyone's decision to keep away to avoid temptation! :)
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Big Macs are disgusting. I have no idea how anyone eats those.

I used to eat Big Macs without meat when I was like, 15. Sooo good.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

I dont care what you 2 eat you both seem healthy to me and thats what inspires me. Different views is not an obstacle but a learning tool for me. If I new it all I wouldnt have gotten fat :laugh: It is like having a good brother and bad brother no matter the stuff they do you still love them both :laugh: But for the record PPL shouldnt make stupid statements like they wont buy a McWrap because they dont have sauce when the day before or of they ate something that was the equal to the sauced McWrap...JS.....whether they do it all the time on occasion or whatever.....I equate it to a smoker ragging on a person who chews tabacco lol
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am a bonafide, food loving, fabulous, fat gurl and I have to say that I do NOT like Mcdonalds (well the fries and the ice cream is ok)...But I swear you can taste the chemicals in their food.

With that being said, I believe that it is about choices...

People choose to eat McDonalds and McDonalds chooses to provide it's consumers with chemical laden, fatty, greasy, fake food to grow profits, provide jobs, and make the big wigs rich.

It's Capitalism, it's the "American Dream" and I for one, don't fault the Golden Arches for "doing what it do".

If you don't want to eat McDonalds, don't eat there. If you don't want your children to eat McDonalds, don't take them there.

I honestly eat McDonalds, MAYBE once a month (after a long night of Jack Daniels and Bacardi...) simply because it's the only drive-thru in the area open 24/7.

It really is that simple.