Movies that made you feel awful

Options

Replies

• hatkinson87
    Options
    'Harsh Times' -...ugh...I felt awful after watching that movie. It's just depressing!

'Se7en'-watched this with my b/f because he remembers it being a good movie when he was a teenager. We were both nauseous and felt so down when we got done watching it. He thinks he saw the edited version as a teenager.

'Law Abiding Citizen'-when he kills the inmate...I really lost it. I watched with my two roommates...at night and we cringed and covered our eyes through the whole movie. Pretty crazy to think he was in 'P.S, I Love You!'
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    "KIDS". So many years later, it still makes me feel weird

Oh yeah, me too.

Sleepers really freaked me out too, and Monster's Ball.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Oh and also Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

And the Birds

And IT.

o_O
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I second Marley and Me! I bought that movie used from the rental store and promptly gave it away because I refused to watch it ever again! I bawled through the last half of that movie!
    Also, one of the most emotionally exhausting movies I ever saw was Courageous. It's an amazing movie but there's so much of going from laughing to crying that it just wears me out!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Tracy Thurman: a cry for help. a horrible movie and the actor that plays her husband/abuser - I still don't like him. can't watch him.
    it's a true story. awful

That did have one awful scence that still bothers me...ugh
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Last House on the Left
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Both had viciously-accurate rape scenes. I had to shut my eyes or fast forward through those parts. I've never been assaulted before, but those scenes just seemed so realistic.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... American or Swedish version?

The American version with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    The Ring, Precious, The Butterfly Effect, Gangs of New York, Blue Valentine, Closer, Sweeny Todd

These are just to name a few that left feeling down or weird afterwards. And I have only watched The Ring once in theaters and it scared the crap out of me lol. My bf still scares me by making the TV go to static
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A lot of the movies you are mentioning I have never seen. Here are the ones that screwed me up or made me feel awful:

IT - saw as a kid, the clown scared the living **** out of me. I still can't watch it.
    Eight Below - saw in the theater because I love animals and it looked good. I cried my eyes out! My friend bought it for me on dvd and I never even opened it. Can't do it.
    Sleeping With The Enemy - saw it when I was young and it scared me off of relationships for years
    Boys Don't Cry - rape scene
    Passion of the Christ - the violence! holy crap! My dad and I saw it in the theater and we were both SPEECHLESS for like an hour afterward.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I think the movie that made me feel the worst was 'Requiem for a Dream.' I was not okay for weeks after that movie.

That is one of the few movies I've got up and turned it off because I couldn't take it anymore. It still bothers me to think about the scene I was at when I turned it off.

Another that I left during was Hostile. Just couldn't take it.

I spit on Your Grave is the top of my list of bothersome movies though. Uck. Rough movie.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    For me it was the cartoon "Up". Just depressing as hell about the wife.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Up in the Air
    Bridge to Terabithia

Both of them absolutely gutted me.

Up in the Air, talk about 90 minutes of great and the worst ending I think I ever saw.
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Another one that really creeped me out was "Storm of the Century" Especially since it's loosely based on the true story of a town of people just disappearing. Creeepppyyyy
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    50/50 I watched this before my daughter had her 2nd major surgery on her skull. The part where he is being wheeled in for surgery and he called for his Mom made me lose it, I had to leave the theatre.
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jarhead... watched when my husband was deployed.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned 'Irreversible' - the only film I've ever known where the cinema had a sign up by the ticket stand saying you were entitled to a full refund if you didn't want to watch any more of the film after the first 20 minutes.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hostel
  • Natoshae7
    Natoshae7 Posts: 51
    Options
    Tyler Perry's Four Color Girls....This movie made me sick to my stomach....One girl gets rapped and by far the worst was when Michael Ealy Drops the 2 kids from a 5 story window.....just straight sick to my stomach just thinking about it....That movie bothered me so much I went to pick my daughter up early from the daycare just to hold her!!!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: :sad: :sad:

Final Destination Movies were effective as well. The First Final destination came out my Senior year in High school......We were suppose to go to Paris(or some where out of the country) Just put it like this ....no one signed up for that trip, LOL! Movies like that you can't say "Well I would do this or I would do that if I was in that situation" LOL SAW I/II/III as well!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think the movie that made me feel the worst was 'Requiem for a Dream.' I was not okay for weeks after that movie.

Interesting. I actually loved that movie. I think it should be shown to tweakers everywhere.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Saturday Night Fever.

They make it out like it's a fun, disco dancing, Bee Gees, and John Travolta kind of thing, it's gonna be exciting!

Turns out to be dark, heavy, and depressing, it's sad.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Sleepers