Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    well somehow despite drinking more wine, not exercising at all, upping my calories and eating the most delicious chocolate cheesecake I lost 2lb this week. If only it always worked like this. Back on the straight and narrow next week, well maybe nearly, my daughter has made chocolate cup cakes and after 2 months of resisting all such temptations I think I may just give in.

Isn't it funny how that works? I've had similar experiences. That's why I think even putting together a few days in a row on the wagon has benefits.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I have discoverd that I like Vodka and Diet Mt. Dew. 2 oz vodka 16 oz dew and only 128 calories. I can run a few of those off every day!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Sippin on the first summer shandy... I know more will follow. Hubs is making the burgers... went to the zoo today and burned AT LEAST 700 cals. Had a very small breakfast and brought sandwiches and fruit to the zoo so I'm not worried in the least lol. Happy summer all!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Went to a baseball tournament and managed to only have 1 Coors light beer. Got through the weekend with only 1 drink!!! Hope I can keep it up for a week at least to get a jump start on weight loss. I know alcohol is hampering my weight loss.
  • keith0373
    Options
    Sippin on the first summer shandy... I know more will follow. Hubs is making the burgers... went to the zoo today and burned AT LEAST 700 cals. Had a very small breakfast and brought sandwiches and fruit to the zoo so I'm not worried in the least lol. Happy summer all!

That should cover you! Is your profile pic from the zoo today?
  • mamaturner
    Options

That should cover you! Is your profile pic from the zoo today?

YUP! had a blast! and my ticker pic is my hubs and daughter.
  • keith0373
    Options
    You and her are cuties! . . . Ill let the girls decide on him. I had a similar trip to the Atlanta zoo when my kids were that age. I still wear the T shirt for workouts, though its a bit big on me now.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    2lbs back on!!!!! Gotta be the gin I think, damn n blast sooooo enjoyed them. Would like to abstain for a week but no can do, got my mam coming to stay- alcohol prn!!!!!!
  • sheryleg
    sheryleg Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey - just found this topic - I reallly need to join. i can't understand all those "i get to the end of the day with calories left over" posts - just have a gin (or wineor beer) or two (or three or four if you have been that righteous with the food) and that takes care of them pretty quick! :drinker:

i have the opposite problem - trying to input the calories on my i-phone when I have just polished off a whole bottle and trying to work out if I can get away with only inputting 3 glasses because they were really big ones. No wonder i haven't lost any weight since joining - but at least I know why now!! I need all the help i can get in this department!
  • sheryleg
    sheryleg Posts: 6
    Options
    F'ING SCALE! That's all I am going to say.

Does anyone know what happens when you log a weight higher than your starting weight? I am envisioning some sort of BRONK BRONK BRONK red-flashing-light alarm situation.

Mine has only gone up since I started - and no there's nothing but i wish there was - it might make me feel guilty, or at least more determind not to have that next glass.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OK, this weekend was a bust...

Friday, 4 Flir-tinis
    Saturday, 5 to midnight, graduation party...figure 1 to 2 per hour...I lost track and i don't even want to know the number

Goal is no more than 3 during the week...weekend will be more liberal with excess calories saved...I have gotten to toughen up
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Made it thru yesterday with no alcohol. Only four more days to go until Friday!!!! I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. ....
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Awe thanks Keith! Yea, we're gonna be in for it when our daughter gets older. She's got the prettiest blue eyes with that dark hair... I believe the call it pay back!? :laugh:

Despite all my constant moving this weekend... I think the alcohol and lack of water got to me.... up 3 pounds from Friday :sad: Nothing but water for me!!!!

And yes rjadams YOU CAN DO THIS, I'll be doing it with you!

Haha, go Kim. At least you didn't do a keg stand or anything.. those are pretty typical for grad parties here
  • mvlaurel
    mvlaurel Posts: 22
    Options
    Yesterday, lots of wine but not too bad with food. Today? No booze at all, but food, not so great. I Really need to get back to journaling. I'm going to try to do that tomorrow!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Should I even bother? Nope.

Here it is Monday night, and I drank again. Never more than I can count, and not even enough to get a buzz, but more than I would like, all weekend, all week, and not starting off this week too good either. WTF??? I managed to give up cigarettes? Why not this? It and coffee are my only vices. I drink my coffee black, so no calories. Sadly, the only alcohol I like is the high calorie kind. Beer and wine. Managed to stay within cals, though. Try again tomorrow.
  • keith0373
    Options
    You don't have to quit. You just have to be willing to do the exercise to make up for it!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OK, Day 2 of no alcohol...it's starting to feel wierd...hubs put a 12 pack in the garage...I am committed to remaining strong this week.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    read this this morning:
    In Wine there is Wisdom;
    In beer, Freedom;
    In water - BACTERIA.

LOL right now because back from family vacay at a waterpark and both my girls have chickenpox! Bacteria is right!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    read this this morning:
    In Wine there is Wisdom;
    In beer, Freedom;
    In water - BACTERIA.

LOL right now because back from family vacay at a waterpark and both my girls have chickenpox! Bacteria is right!

HAHAHAHA Awesome ! .... followed by I'm so sorry, and that's a little scary! Where did yall go?!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Lake George NY, Great Escape Lodge... & Six Flags/Splashwater Kingdom.

2nd day at the lodge & indoor waterpark - a special needs young adult pooped in the water
    4th day, I found a used tampon in the splash pad where children were playing... pointed it out to the young lifeguard, who wasn't sure what it was (don't think he's ever seen one before...) So I had to tell him what it was.
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    was it worth the 2500$ for the week?