Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Seriously... anyone else?

Arby's, Mcd's, Burger King (especially), Wendy's, Taco Bell, you name it! It all makes me (physically) sick to my stomach. That and I don't find it appealing, even if it didn't make me feel ill.

I can't possibly be alone here.

I am with you.
  • joannemgregory74
    Options
    I have been eating healthy for 3 months I have cut out all Junk food, Artificial sweeteners, Alcohol, Coffee, Fizzy drinks.

Over Easter the kids were away with their Dad. My partner and I decided to order fast food as a Treat!!

We had Pizza one day and takeaway Curry the next.

We were both really ill and bloated. We felt sick our stomaches heavy. We were actually craving fruit our body's totally rejected the crap virtually went into shock.

After 3 months of eating clean healthy food just the thought yet alone the smell of Junk food makes me feel sick.
  • misslozz
    misslozz Posts: 2
    Options
    Sometimes it makes me feel ill, other times not. I usually feel ill after a BK. But.. rich/fattening food in general tends to make me feel fuller quicker, but not in a good way. Like I'll get to a point before I've finished and without even feeling nicely satisfied, I'll feel "uggh Im gonna be sick" I cant take too much fried foods, and esp deep fried, bleurgh. usually gives me stomach pains. However, if that sort of food isnt too greasy,I can sometimes handle it as a treat. but not all the time. Rich foods taste so weird now!
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Im not repulsed by it, but I can easily say no to fast food. Havent had any in about two months, dont plan on havin any anytime soon either.
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nope. Makes me sick too! I went on a 30 day fast food fast and I was all but cured of eating fast food. I eat Subway, but don't really consider it "fast food" with all of the veggies and healthier options. You are not alone.
  • chrisvinci
    Options
    For those that want to learn about what they are eating from the fast food restaurants.

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2013/02/11/food-companies-exploit-americans-with-ingredients-banned-in-other-countries/
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    What I'm attacking is the idea that Red Robin and pizza are somehow automatically better than all "fast food," which, according to you, will cause you to get the runs because it has so much fat.

You should stop being so defensive, or is your last name Kroc?

You may not like it, but that is fact, quick serve food is better than fast food. It may only be marginally, but it is.

Again, don't be lazy, there are more factors at hand than what you are specifically talking about, but if you want to say people don't get the runs from fast food, then go with that. If you don't, that's great for you. The reality is, not everyone should eat good food, there needs to be people eating fast food, otherwise people will lose jobs. Also, don't make the lazy mistake of then assuming that I'm calling Red Robin good food.

If you want good, I can give you good, like Issa in SF, or Craigie on Main in Cambridge.

In fact, you know. If you ever want to get past your addiction to fast food, let me know, I'd happily share recipes with you that can help break you out of that cycle of eating.
  • SabrinaLily
    SabrinaLily Posts: 121
    Options
    I think I could eat McDonald's french fries every day (if cooked perfectly). I could do without the rest but oh, those golden fries...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What I'm attacking is the idea that Red Robin and pizza are somehow automatically better than all "fast food," which, according to you, will cause you to get the runs because it has so much fat.

You should stop being so defensive, or is your last name Kroc?

You may not like it, but that is fact, quick serve food is better than fast food. It may only be marginally, but it is.

Again, don't be lazy, there are more factors at hand than what you are specifically talking about, but if you want to say people don't get the runs from fast food, then go with that. If you don't, that's great for you. The reality is, not everyone should eat good food, there needs to be people eating fast food, otherwise people will lose jobs. Also, don't make the lazy mistake of then assuming that I'm calling Red Robin good food.

If you want good, I can give you good, like Issa in SF, or Craigie on Main in Cambridge.

In fact, you know. If you ever want to get past your addiction to fast food, let me know, I'd happily share recipes with you that can help break you out of that cycle of eating.

Better how? What makes 1500 calories of Red Robin hamburgers and fries better than, say, a grilled chicken sandwich from McD's?
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ugh i ate jack in the box brekky this morning. =(
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Didn't used to be... but now that I am eating clean... my hubby and I never go out to dinner at any restaurants or fast food and I have found :

1) Restaurant food just never tastes as good as our home cooked meals - definately not worth the $$
    2) Fast food makes me really sick now

Although... I still salivate over Bojangles commercials... can't help it.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Try living on a small pension. You cant afford to eat the damn stuff LOL!
  • MelissaGierke
    Options
    No way!! We can't even eat it anymore, Tried a bite of one of our kids and my stomach was upset.
  • credessa
    credessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I saw one of those pink sludge videos and now I can't bring my self to eat processed chicken or beef of any kind. Blah!
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have not been to a fast food "restaurant" since my daughter was in preschool. She is now 23 years old. :happy:
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to McD's in over 15 years, the last time I did I felt like crap for 3 days.....now pizza and takeout Chinese is another story!!
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I wish I was.....

Lol I am quite repulsed by it now but I've been there before & I wish I never go back to loving it.
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hahah. I didn't go through all 9 pages, but sadly, I love fast food. :( hopefully ill get to the point where it grosses me out, but I still want it quite frequently but have to tell myself no and to eat something healthier.
    I do always feel guilty when I do eat it though.
  • chutch93
    chutch93 Posts: 9
    Options
    Seriously... anyone else?

Arby's, Mcd's, Burger King (especially), Wendy's, Taco Bell, you name it! It all makes me (physically) sick to my stomach. That and I don't find it appealing, even if it didn't make me feel ill.

I can't possibly be alone here.
    what's wrong with taco bell? that's my diet treat of choice.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them occasionally, but not any more. I call them 'lips and arsehole burgers' for a reason.....