Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Threads like this and the "oh, I can't possibly eat over 1200 calories a day" threads, make me wonder how everyone became overweight in the first place. I guess there's some serious bean curd and rice cracker munch'n going on around here.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I'm about to get Taco Bell for dinner. :smile:

and for the same price i had homemade braised grass fed beef osso bucco with sweet potato soup. (about $4 or $5)

just sayin'

you're better than we are. there. someone said it. happy now?

absolutely. lol

nah i just thought this was a "what are we all having for dinner?" kind of a thing! thought I'd offer mine up. my bad.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    The taco bell sounded much better actually.

careful....you're on the verge of getting a lecture from coach.....
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I'm about to get Taco Bell for dinner. :smile:

and for the same price i had homemade braised grass fed beef osso bucco with sweet potato soup. (about $4 or $5)

just sayin'

you're better than we are. there. someone said it. happy now?

The taco bell sounded much better actually.

what if i told you the soup had bacon in it?
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I can dig it as long as it doesnt give me the poops. If I get the poops then something isnt right!
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Threads like this and the "oh, I can't possibly eat over 1200 calories a day" threads, make me wonder how everyone became overweight in the first place. I guess there's some serious bean curd and rice cracker munch'n going on around here.

I totally see where you're coming from, but no, I've just always been this way. Even when I was overweight I ate pretty healthy, just way too much!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Psychosomatic.

ah so you're a psychiatrist now? and an MD? you can diagnose people over the internet?

fascinating.
    Seriously... anyone else?

Arby's, Mcd's, Burger King (especially), Wendy's, Taco Bell, you name it! It all makes me (physically) sick to my stomach. That and I don't find it appealing, even if it didn't make me feel ill.

I can't possibly be alone here.

It's not hard to call that one. It ALL makes the OP physically ill? Not like it? Surely a possibility. She's able to consume PB2, cookies, Pop Chips, sandwiches from Starbucks.. so yeah, not hard to call.

LOL. You keep telling yourself that all of those food items are comparable to a taco from Taco Bell or a burger from McDonalds. Also funny how far back into my diary you searched to find a Starbucks sandwhich... And slightly creepy!

Oh, and diary shaming is highly frowned upon, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt just incase no one has told you yet ;)

It's not diary shaming, it's hypocrisy shaming.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Psychosomatic.

ah so you're a psychiatrist now? and an MD? you can diagnose people over the internet?

fascinating.

Arby's, Mcd's, Burger King (especially), Wendy's, Taco Bell, you name it! It all makes me (physically) sick to my stomach. That and I don't find it appealing, even if it didn't make me feel ill.

It's not hard to call that one. It ALL makes the OP physically ill? Not like it? Surely a possibility. She's able to consume PB2, cookies, Pop Chips, sandwiches from Starbucks.. so yeah, not hard to call.

LOL. You keep telling yourself that all of those food items are comparable to a taco from Taco Bell or a burger from McDonalds. Also funny how far back into my diary you searched to find a Starbucks sandwhich... And slightly creepy!

Oh, and diary shaming is highly frowned upon, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt just incase no one has told you yet ;)

no it isn't. having starbucks once and a while, while supporting a whole food diet is not hypocrisy. it's real life. i know you don't have much experience there.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Psychosomatic.

fascinating.

I offered no shaming. If you're ashamed that's your hang up. I support eating what you want. I would like for you to show me how your Starbucks sandwich is different from an Egg McMuffin?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Psychosomatic.

fascinating.

no it isn't. having starbucks once and a while, while supporting a whole food diet is not hypocrisy. it's real life. i know you don't have much experience there.

Claiming that any fast food makes someone sick while they are perfectly fine eating chips and Starbucks sandwiches is hypocrisy. The insults are not necessary.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I ordered a crappy weight bench with 100lbs of weights and dumbells with adjustable 40 lbs of weights...Glad to see you too at each other again. It has crossed my mind you are one person and have schizophrenia and like to battle each other but than I realized you agreed with each other earlier and that bummed me out :(
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I totally see where you're coming from, but no, I've just always been this way. Even when I was overweight I ate pretty healthy, just way too much!

I understand a little, as I don't really like certain fast food places, and what really made me fat was sitting at my desk 80 hours a week and eating at The Palm and Smith & Wollensky 3 to 4 times a week with a bottle of wine and after dinner drinks. That said, yea, I like salty, fatty, delicious food and I seriously doubt my steak and hash browns were much better than McDonald's when it came to that.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Claiming that any fast food makes someone sick while they are perfectly fine eating chips and Starbucks sandwiches is hypocrisy. The insults are not necessary.

and explain to me how you have such a deep understanding of that particular poster's digestive system?
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    I used to like every kind of fast food but one by one each place I used to like served me something gross that completely turned me off from them. A lot of places will serve things that don't look or taste fresh. I think foods that used to get thrown out because they are too old to serve are being served to customers. Shortcuts and tight budgets have made the quality of something that was once ok tasting into something not edible.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I realized you agreed with each other earlier and that bummed me out :(

Sorry to bum you out :laugh:
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The only one I really enjoy is Five Guys. Otherwise I can't go near any of it.
  • lisadoe71
    lisadoe71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't eat fast food as much as I used to, and there are things that I won't eat anymore, but I just make smarter choices when that's the only option such as when traveling, or when I don't pack for work. Taco bell's fresco tacos are very good and only 150 calories a piece, Wendy's ultimate grilled chicken and chili is only 600 calories, and Subway is a low calorie favorite. No matter where you go, a grilled chicken with no sauce and side salad with low calorie or fat free dressing is a usually a safe choice.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I had a McD's fries and a Starbucks breakfast wrap last week, both fast food. So all of you that keep calling fast food garbage, crap, disgusting and so on are shaming my diet. Knock it off! :wink:
    So silly...

This is the only time I'm using the word "shaming", I don't like that word.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am - with the exception of TACO BELL - those Doritos Locos tacos are sooooo amazing! lol
    Ditto!!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I find some fast food appealing, like Taco Bell bean burritos (I love legumes), but most of it disappoints me. I can walk down the produce aisle and put five or ten different species of plant into my meals and they are full of fiber, nutrients, and rich colors / textures. If I'm lazy I can at least stick to baked whole grains - they have a rich, nutty texture to them and I love it!

When I order something off the fast food menu, I know 90% of it is the same generic white flour, the same processed oils and textured meat byproduct. There are only a few real ingredients and the rest is seasoning / preservatives. It's bare minimum food bulked out with white flour and fat. I'm not getting my money's worth. It's not helping me stay full. AND it has enough salt, sugar, fat to desensitize my taste buds to my next healthy meal, and trigger a binge later. I can bake something delicious and freaky nutritious at home and not worry so much about calories, and I know it's going to keep my body looking great. 1 little taco bell burrito is 410 calories. At home I can make one for 150 with zero trans fat!

There are a few exceptions: a baked chicken sandwich at Chik - Fil - A won't break the bank, though it's white bread. The whole wheat sandwiches at Subway are pretty tasty, and a Wendy's small chili is awesome. But these are convenience foods and I do my best to avoid them - I don't have the money or time to drive there, and I'd rather bake at home.