What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    because i'm sick of coughing up my lungs whenever i walk up the stairs
  • dmdeschamps
    dmdeschamps Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to go on vacation and wear a bikini! :p Ha ha.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I used to work out just so I could have a rock hard body -- total vanity. I enjoyed the "side effects" of how it made me feel, and the effects on my health, but when it got right down to it, it was all about how I looked. This time, for the first time in my life, I am doing it so I can live longer. I am 55 yrs old, and I have grown kids and grandkids. I want to be around for as long as possible to enjoy them, AND I want to be a good example for all of them. I'm a widow, and I've had a lot of health problems since my husband died in 2006. I became sedentary over the years, even though I used to be very athletic. I want my body systems to be as healthy as possible. This time, I want to feel good & have better health. This time, the "side effect" will be, hopefully, a rock hard body! :happy:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    To not have a big gut hanging over my golf shorts. For some reason or other I find that revolting in other guys. My bad I know.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    To be healthy! AND I love clothes, so I want to be able to wear anything I want without saying "I'm too fat for that"!
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    1. I don't wanna be fat anymore.

2. I want to look like Jessica Rabbit.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I want to look beautiful and actually feel beautiful. I want to be healthy and happy.
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me it's to gain my confidence back. A couple of years ago I was the fittest I've ever been in my life and was running four to five times a week in the mornings before work or at the weekend and was a Zumba instructor on top of that. I got injured and into a new relationship and all my good habits slipped and I've piled weight on and in the process completely lost my confidence. I was always the first on the dancefloor on a night out but now the thought of people seeing me dance fills me with fear. I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that don't fit and I want to wear jeans again- I am so fed up of living in leggings. What gave me the kick up the backside though was booking a summer holiday and the dread of feeling fat and frumpy in the heat.
  • tallpixels
    Options
    I want to look good in pictures, and I want to be able to wear more revealing clothes without wondering if I'm making everyone in my wake gag in disgust :P
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    TRUE reasons?

For once in my life, I want to be in better shape than my bro who is a US Marine. :D
  • benum21121
    benum21121 Posts: 200
    Options
    Confidence, sexiness, promotability, job safety, general health, inspire others, for my kids, but most of all- to feel good about ME for once.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I don't want to end up like my mother. She's obese, lonely, miserable, and has countless medical issues... most of which would be resolved if she ate healthy and got just a little bit of exercise.

So, I want to stay healthy and active... and my plan is to be running half marathons until I'm into my 60's! Then I plan on training for a full marathon! :laugh:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Right now my number 1 desire is to have grandchildren. I realized about a year ago that I was not physically prepared for them. I want to be the fun grandma that takes them to the park, gets down on the floor and plays dolls or cars with them, can pick them up and carry them as long as they need or want me to. I love my grandparents so much because they were always right there in the moment with me. I want to give that gift to my grandchildren someday. That is my number 1 reason for getting into shape.
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    I'm vain enough to want to look good, lazy enough that I don't want to fight that fight when age sets in, and smart enough to know that my kids are learning my habits. I want them to understand what a healthy balanced lifestyle is.

Edited for typosGhAt
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    100% vanity, no f's given
  • MissNieves329
    Options
    To feel better naked
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    feel good, look good, be able to do more things.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful baby girl that I am raising on my own, and I want to be around for a long time.... I want to watch my older 2 children finish college and see my grandchildren... and I want to be able to keep up with all of them.

And in the end if I look good as well, that is bonus :wink:
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Mostly vanity. I want to look good. I want to wear anything I want. I want to be able to do more things physically and just be comfortable about how I look and feel. Of course...health is an extremely close second, practically a tie...almost...i can head off any of those nasty diseases I'm at risk for...:wink:
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    to look good naked :drinker: