What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    For me it's several things:

~Actually FEEL sexy & confident about my body (I've NEVER been at a point where I was happy with myself physically)
    ^^^This has also been effecting my BF & I's sex life - I mean its still great but i am so distracted about how I look naked I can't enjoy it like I should be able to

~To no longer have these rolls of fat control my life - like going on vacation is torture cause I'm just so miserable about how I look I can't enjoy things, like going out with friends I haven't seen since High School but being too ashamed of how I look to meet up with them....i can keep going...

~ THE CONSTANT FIDGETING/RE-ADJUSTING CLOTHES CAUSE MY ROLLS ARE PREVALENT <--UGHHHH I dont want this anymore! lol

~ After seeing how my sister got while pregnant (both times & I'm similar size to her now, not pregnant) - I don't want to feel like a pregnant roley poley on top of being obese...I want a healthy pregnancy when that time comes around & I want to stay in shape during too since it helps facilitate a healthy pregnancy & delivery, so I REALLY want to strive for this cause I plan on having kids sometime within the next couple years.

~I want to make this a life style change as I have never worked at something as hard as I know I will to lose this weight. I need to prove something to myself

~I also want to be super cute in anything I wear & I want other girls be jealous of ME! (yep, that one is pure vanity)

:bigsmile:
  • Jdkrupnick
    Options
    I have small kids and I want to be around for them plain and simple.
  • cyoung0317
    Options
    1) For myself. I want to feel confident in my own body. I HATE when people respond to that with, "then, why do you have to lose weight to feel good about yourself, huh?". Feeling confident with my body means to me, being healthier and knowing I'm doing the best I can to have that body and the confidence I desire.

2) To look AMAZING in a swimsuit!

3) So when I get married I can fit into my dream dress.

4) I want to be a doctor. Who would take healthy living advice from someone who doesn't believe it for themselves?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    To be a milf! :drinker: because it feels damn good to be fit and strong.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    When I was 25, I developed a tumor that was physically crushing my windpipe, heart, and right lung. Only being as in shape as I was at that point kept me alive long enough to get the necessary medical attention. Even then, the doctors said "if it isn't a kind of cancer that will respond quickly, he'll be dead in a week". Luckily, it did respond quickly. I've been in remission for years, but I want to keep that edge just in case cancer ever comes back.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1. Believe it or not, health really is the #1 reason.
    2. I'd like to someday be physically attractive to my girlfriend.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    To not have to take meds to control things I can control with proper diet and exercise. To spend as much time on this rock as I can. And to push myself to places I never thought I could or would go.
  • kiwi2006
    kiwi2006 Posts: 15
    Options
    To be the fit not fat parent! :D
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Want to look toned and it makes me feel more confident about my body.
  • ScarletteS
    Options
    River season is almost here and i need to look like im 18 again!!!
  • SeeShelle3
    SeeShelle3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of accepting that being overweight is 'ok'. I want to be healthy and fit and most of all, I want to be a great role model for my kids.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Oh vanity, for sure. I want to wear nice clothes, and show off to myself!

And also, in case I ever run into my ex..... "WHOA! She's so hot."
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Because it feels amazing and being unfit does NOT.
  • mikelund
    mikelund Posts: 10
    Options
    You know that LOOK people give you when you have a fat face. They just look through you.
    THEN when you have a slim and toned face, they LOOK AT you.
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know this will probably sound completely ridiculous and jealous, but whenever I see a gorgeous slim girl walk past when I'm with my boyfriend, I always feel so crap about myself and feel like I'm a massive disappointment to him.
    I want to feel like he is proud of walking down the street with me!
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    to see chaws dropping once i walk by guys who didnt want me before.
    as simple as that :D
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    So people quit using me for just my brain and awesome personality. I want them to see what is on the outside too. :)
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    As the saying goes, skinny girls look good in clothes.....fit girls look good naked. I want to be fit. :wink:
  • Starviv
    Starviv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Body image issues. Healthy habits. Gaining 10 pounds a year at 22 is not the direction I want! that would mean say 230 pounds + at 30? Thats not respectful to my body.
  • brent_woods
    Options
    - Look and feel good
    - Must pass military fitness test
    - Osteoarthritis in hips
    - Set example for family
    - Set example for Navy subordinates
    - Reduce sleep apnea