What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Honestly its about 20% health reasons and 80% wanting to prove those that told me I could never be thin again wrong. Probably not the best reason, but its one hell of a motivator!
  • javonjay76
    javonjay76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1.) I want to LIKE my reflection in store windows again. I use to go by a store and "slightly" :wink: check myself out in it but in the last 3 years I've avoided them (ran away from them) the like the PLAGUE! Now, I want to be able to look at them again and LIKE what I see!

2.) I'm tired of being ENVIOUS of my size 4 SIL! She's beautiful, tiny, 25! Eats like the weight won't stick! Even though, I LOVE her, I HATE her metabolism!

3.) I want to get into shape so I can stop looking OLDER than I am. I've been mistaken for a Grandmother 2x recently. It doesn't feel good at all! Granted, I was mistaken for a YOUNG Grandmother. (The 36yr g-mom, 24yr mom, 2yr baby). THAT crap is UNACCEPTABLE!

The TRUTH shall set you free.
  • tamarapeart
    Options
    I lost a ton of weight (150lbs / 10 Stone) and gained a lot of it back, so my goal is to prove to myself that I can lose it again and keep it off this time. I want to wear my old (way cuter) clothes and look the best for myself and for my husband. I don't want to feel insecure about my weight anymore. FYI I'm an American who moved to England, I'm married and in my 30s. If you'd like to add me as a friend, I try to be very supportive and could use the support back. :)
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My number 1 reason is because I want to look in the mirror without wondering how I let myself go!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I remember how great it felt to be in great shape back when I was 18 years old and I want that feeling again...oh, and health.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It's split equally three ways for me: Vanity, health, and age gracefully (or look/feel younger).
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of seeing myself in pics (ugghh).. plus I have a cruise in a month & would love to look half decent in a bikini lol
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    to FEEL and look good, more energy, like my body, be in shape, longer life.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Honestly...... Being old and fat scares the crap out of me. I refuse to go up a size in my trousers, so as the waistline grew there was only one other option. Now my clothes fit so much better, and I want to try for that body I could never be arsed to work toward in my teens - not totally ripped because I would never stick with maintaining it, but slim and gently toned...
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Because I want to feel attractive again. For myself and my other half.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Because one of my biggest fears in life is being obese like the rest of my family. I refuse to live in a prison of my own body.
  • iqfem
    iqfem Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree with you "Higher"..health is being affected now because of weight gain and hate the way my clothes fit..or rather dont fit!
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 this year and I want to look hot! lol...oh and I want to be healthy too!!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm a substitute teacher and I want my students to stop asking me if im pregnant. =)
  • Bcmay13
    Bcmay13 Posts: 11
    Options
    For my health, I'm a cervical cancer survivor. I want to be who I was before the kids and my sickness.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wominz.

Nuff said
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I want to be crazy hot naked and not only have everyone go 'oh dayummmmm' when I walk by, but also think 'who's that sexy beast?' when I look in the mirror - clothed or unclothed!
  • PieDuckee
    Options
    I'm looking to get in shape b/c I had a lot of changes happen over the last 6 months and I had no control, so I wanted to find something I could do as a positive change.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My reason is because for the first time in my life, im afraid for my health. I recently put on weight and found out it was due to issues with my thyroid. Ive been on medication for about a year now but I just dont feel GOOD anymore. Ever. Im always tired, sluggish and depressed. I want to get in shape to help protect my health and hold onto it as long as possible.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I want to be to be able to get around better and not be so crippled up!!!