The SWaT Team Challenge - Month 2

Options
rjm8185
rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
Hi everyone, this is month 2 of our challenge, starting today 14th July until 10th August.

The idea of the challenge is to try and walk as much as you can within the month, either by using Leslie Sansone DVD's (our original inspiration) or by walking outdoors or on the treadmill or wherever you like.

We like to set ourselves a target or goal for the month.

My target/goal for month 2 is - 60 Miles (I'm also gonna try to lose 15lbs, but I've got a lot to lose).

Thats it really, please set yourself a goal, and maybe you want to add something like saying you want to do 10 crunches a day etc etc.....................

We already have a good core group of walkers, but the more the merrier, its never to late to join in !!!!

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey, I think I'll be up for the challenge this month. My goal is 40 miles just because I haven't done much walking.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey Rob, I am in again and if I had known last month I could have counted my treadmill and outside time walking:sad: But what the hay, count me in for this month and I am off and walking!!! Sound great, thanks for doing another month!:drinker:
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i am up for the challenge 40 miles for me by August 10
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i am up for the challenge 40 miles for me by August 10
  • jaxi54
    jaxi54 Posts: 12
    Options
    Checking in for roll call, Rob! I plan on doing WATP for 50 hours this month ~ if I can do more, that would be awesome! Good luck everyone!

Jaxi :flowerforyou:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hi Rob, count me in again and I am going to go for a100 miles this time. I think I would have made it before if I hadn't had to have surgery. And I hope to lose at least 8 pounds by next month, more would be welcome. I will reset my ticker.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    :smile: K so I am going to TRY for 85 miles this month along with this week doing 30 crunches every other night! Right now I am thinking I am CRAZY for putting the level so high. I hope I can do that. I know some of you did 100 miles last month so you are my inspiration.:smile: GOOD LUCK!

Also a little about me...I am 31 years old, married to my high school sweet:heart: for 12 yrs now. We have 4 kids, two girls, two boys. My youngest is 5 TODAY! I can't believe how time flies! I am lucky to have been able to stay at home with my kids. We sacrifice some luxeries to keep me home with them...but they are my pride and joy and I want to raise them. I also watch 3 kids from my husbands coworkers. I kinda just just nominated since I stay home. It's fine though, I really enjoy kids! I LOVE to go boating, and camping with my family! I am planning on FINALLY go back to college to finish what I started a long time ago. I am SO excited, but also very nervous...college kids are scary! I have direction in my life of the bigger picture of who I am and where I want to be. So thankful for all that I am blessed with in my life. I have a simple life, but a sweet life!!! And that is me...
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Did a 1 Mile Jog this morning after my other workout. Will be getting more done this afternoon!
  • jaxi54
    jaxi54 Posts: 12
    Options
    I meant 60 'miles' ~ NOT 50 hours!!! :blushing:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I meant 60 'miles' ~ NOT 50 hours!!! :blushing:
    I wondered if that is what you meant!
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    Welcome newbies!

Im here for role call too. I've decided my goal for this challenge is going to be 35 miles. If I can do more I definately will. I plan on walking everyother day this round, switching with bike riding, due to the arthritis in my feet. Im trying to hold off on another cortizone shot. Its icky :frown:

I really like the idea of having small personal goals added in. I think we all are a different levels physically.

So with that in mind my first goal is to be consistant (which I haven't) with exercise and to burn no less than 200 calories a day. My weight has been at a stand still for 2 weeks again and I've done alot of reading on the site. It looks like I need to eat more maybe. So eating my calories is my other mini goal for this week. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Now on to alittle about me... My name is Marie Stewart, I am 46 years old and live in Racine, Wisconsin. I am married to my high school sweetheart who is also my best friend. Unfortunately my eating buddy. He eats, I eat. I eat, he eats. Bad, bad habit we've gotten into. I have two grown daughters, Sara 25 and Emily 22, who recently moved out on her own this past year. I also lost my mom this past year so I am really feeling the emptyness and adjusting. This site has helped me alot, not only to keep me motivated on finally taking care of myself but I've been enjoying chatting with so many wonderful people that I have things in common with. I am currently not working by choice and due to some health problems. But on my way to being alot healthier and finally getting things rolling on to starting my own Picture Framing Business. I have 15 years in the business working for Michaels Arts and Crafts and a small local shop. Besides loving art and framing. This time of year you can't keep me inside. I love the out doors, gardening of all kinds (big veggie garden this year) bird watching and of course my pets. Theres Fletcher my rescue dog, walking buddy, that I mention quite often in my posts. ( I nominate him as our official Team mascot, by the way.) I taught him how to walk on the treadmill so when I can't walk he still can. Awww. Then my two rescue kitties Lucky and Fred.

Im looking forward to reading all the new posts coming up. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yay! I was searching for this thread :) Just created a new ticker too :)

I will be doing 120km this month :)
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    It is so nice to get to get to know more about everyone in the group. I am most impressed that Marie was able to train her pooch to walk on the treadmill. I tried to teach my pit mix Ruby, but it didn't work quite as easily as Ceasar Milan made it look. Ruby got the last laugh when she chewed plug off the first chance she got...lol.

Anyway, my goal for the month is 100 miles. I did 6 miles today and I actually added some jogging into the routine. Which is very scary for anyone who knows me at all...jogging or even walking at a fast pace has never been high on my list of priorities.

Have a great evening everyone:flowerforyou:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad to see everyone back for month 2 and happy to see new faces to keep us going! I'm going to go for 65 miles this month. I did it last month so hopefully I can come in a little over. Scared to set my goal higher because I know if I get behind I'll use it as an excuse to quit. lol

I've been stuck at the same weight for a bit so I'm going to try upping my calories a bit. I've always been scared to do that but I'm gonna give it a try. :noway:

I started off the challenge with the WATP 5 fat burning miles. I like that one, it's really fast paced and sweaty! lol :laugh:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    I'm in for this month, and have reset my ticker for a hundred miles.
    OK so I thought about Rob's suggestion for "something extra" and have decided to do the 200 situp challenge as well,
    don't know how well it will go , but why not try?

A little about myself-
    My name is Eagle Queens (not an alias or american indian) and I currently live in Marietta Georgia where I work as a cardiac nurse. I've lived as far north as Alaska and as far south as Florida and spent about 16 years in europe (mostly Germany).
    I'm single with no children, but have a lovely kitty wrangler by the name of Sugarplum. Hobbies...hmmm, I'll have to find some new ones 'cuz the old ones won't fit in my "new" life:wink:
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey Rob, I am in again and if I had known last month I could have counted my treadmill and outside time walking:sad: But what the hay, count me in for this month and I am off and walking!!! Sound great, thanks for doing another month!:drinker:

I pledge to walk 100 miles by August 10th! This time I am going to make it!!!!!!
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! I am new to walking but want to try to work myself up to jogging. My goal will be 30 miles before August 10th. I have a 3 year old who loves to ride in the stroller, so I am hoping this will be a great excercise.
    Good Luck everybody! :flowerforyou:

Susan
  • msmamaatu
    msmamaatu Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in! This will be great to help me stay on track with my personal goals. I hope to walk my first 5k in September so time to get stepping! I will do 60 miles.

exercise.png
  • Christine0111
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm game for month 2 challenge -- my pledge this month is 80 kms = 50 miles a little less than last month as I have some holidays coming up and I am not sure what that will turn out to be =)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Well, obviously, since I already posted today, I am in again, also!

I'm going to try for 100 miles once again. I almost made it last time but I WILL make it this time!

I posted the following in the last thread but thought I'd put it here, too:

I am 54, divorced and have 3 children--a son--22, and 2 daughters--almost 21 (in August) and 18. I have 2 grandsons--Aidan, who is 2 1/2 and has been adopted by 2 of the most wonderful people in the world, and Isaac, who is almost 2 weeks old.
    My son, my 20 year old dd and her bf (and isaac, of course) and I share a house in Western Washington state. My 18 year old (who is the mother of Aidan) is with friends 'finding herself' as we used to say when I was her age!
    We have a cat--Krispy, who was named after a donut shop (don't ask!) and a gerbil.
    I work as a Live Goods Merchandiser. I unload and place plants and trees in a local Garden Canter. It is a VERY physically demanding job which is why I'd rather not have more exercise added to my day--I already spend most of the day in some kind of a workout!

I am going to eat vegetables EVERY DAY! Sometimes I just don't bother but, you know what? I find I am in a much better mood all day if I've been eating plenty of vegetables. (Fruit doesn't seem to affect me like that.)

So, besides the 1 Mile Jog this morning I did the 2 Mile Walk and Jog and the 1 Mile Express Walk (both from the Walk Club website) this afternoon.