What is/was good about being a big/curvy person?

Options

Replies

• sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1. I like/d taking up space. I'm a tall lady, and no one messes with me. I still do get hit on even as a 230ish married lady, though, so I'm not wholly invisible. At 280, that never happened.

2. Cheddar bacon ranch fries at Cheddar's. Can't do those anymore. Maybe on my birthday.

3. T n A.

There is/was a lot more to dislike though.
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fat people are harder to kidnap. :happy:

Totally agree. Im almost fine with doing dangerous things because I know Im not an easy target.
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The obvious benefit is bigger breasts. A big person without big breasts, however..........
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My life as a fatty fat fat was substantially more delicious.

I will always - ALWAYS - miss oreos, donuts, and ice cream.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    boobs, indian food, french food, italian food, wine, savoury pastries, beer.

and pancakes every now and then. mostly boobs.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell and soda... I was also more accepted by my family since they're all bigger people and when I was younger they teased me about being "so small".....My boobs are still plenty big enough lol
    Joey: "How you doin?"

As a guy I don't want to be afraid of crushing my partner in bed.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The food. I definitely miss the food. Particularly carbs like Krispy Kreme and pasta. And, no, i can't just have 1 donut or a little pasta, because i can't stop.

I wore baggy clothes and no one paid much attention to me. Now people stare and guys hit on me. i'm thinking of wearing a veil or something. i am very uncomfortable.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it... but as far as anemia goes, I was "healthier" at 170 than at 139.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    When I gained weight someone once told me they liked my "thick little" thighs :ohwell:
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I LOVE being curvy! As many have said, my boobs are awesome but I want to push back against those that say "nothing" or "delicious food"...

People are beautiful at every size. Perhaps you have become more healthy by losing weight but I like to think curvy people are just as beautiful and fun and good as thinner folk.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    When I was a bit bigger I didn't get men harrassing me on the street. Now that I have lost about 20kg since last summer I get that again and I really, really hate it so much!

this is something that I'm really anxious about, however, I'm learning to box, so if need be I can knock a ****er out! haha
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Higher BMR---more calories to eat!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Ginormous boobs. I think I got up to a DD - now 32B. Also miss not caring so much about everything I ate, having whatever whenever. Don't miss feeling like crap all the time or getting out of breath walking up the stairs, though.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I tend to be shy so being bigger meant being invisible. Of course, when I didn't want to be, it could be frustrating. But most of the time, I liked being able to stay in the background.

With weight loss, every time I've done it, comes more and more attention. At work, it's a constant topic of conversation, people wolf whistle me, compliment me, even touch me, ask me questions, every day. It's NICE and I appreciate the support, but if you are kind of shy like me, all the new attention can be exhausting. Makes me a little self-conscious. I'm not complaining though! I felt self-conscious when fat in an entirely different way though at least no one particularly noticed lol.

People touch you at work, HR told me that was huge no no

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it... but as far as anemia goes, I was "healthier" at 170 than at 139.

You can boost your iron with nutrition (this is likely due to being on a diet). I weigh 100 pounds and have a surplus of iron (and I've been seriously anemic before because of severe blood loss).
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I tend to be shy so being bigger meant being invisible. Of course, when I didn't want to be, it could be frustrating. But most of the time, I liked being able to stay in the background.

With weight loss, every time I've done it, comes more and more attention. At work, it's a constant topic of conversation, people wolf whistle me, compliment me, even touch me, ask me questions, every day. It's NICE and I appreciate the support, but if you are kind of shy like me, all the new attention can be exhausting. Makes me a little self-conscious. I'm not complaining though! I felt self-conscious when fat in an entirely different way though at least no one particularly noticed lol.

People touch you at work, HR told me that was huge no no

Haha, yes, well it's just the other women. Like, let me grab your waist it's so TINY (psst, it's totally not, except by comparison to old me:wink: ) I mean, I guess I could be that super-serious litigious person and make a big deal out of it to HR but I know they mean well and we're all buds, so....awkward.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I LOVE being curvy! As many have said, my boobs are awesome but I want to push back against those that say "nothing" or "delicious food"...

People are beautiful at every size. Perhaps you have become more healthy by losing weight but I like to think curvy people are just as beautiful and fun and good as thinner folk.

Good! And sure, of course. Sometimes though, I miss a duck cassoulet with a few glasses of burgundy, and finishing with whole whack of brie (and more wine). Or a Sunday breakfast of 3 fluffy buttermilk pancakes with butter and maple syrup and bacon on the side.

I'd be lying if I said that *speaking for myself*, I haven't been treated much better by society as a thin person, and suffered less anxiety and fewer body image issues, which affected almost every aspect of life when I was bigger. And I think I was pretty typical, unfortunately.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Torrid

This!

And probably never being cold.

Otherwise I hated my boobs and can't think of anything else.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Big does not equate to being curvy. Being curvy is the hourglass shape which you can have at any size whether thin, average, overweight, etc. So quit using curvy as a replacement for the word big if you are not technically curvy.