Your fave stupid food myth you've heard

Options

Replies

• siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If someone else has given you the food, the calories don't count

^^ This

And if no one sees you eat it then there are no calories.

Oh and A Mars a day helps you work, rest & play
  • CJH2201
    CJH2201 Posts: 24
    Options
    Walking when you are eating cancels out calories - working in a chocolate shop I heard this one a lot!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Butter is more fattening than margarine.
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    Chocolate counts as fruit because it's made from cocoa beans, which are the fruit of the tree.

It may not be true but I do like this! :)
  • Ethylene69
    Options
    "Eating 1000 cals/daily is the best way to lose weight" :explode:
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This was one at work one day...
    Girl: Do you want an icy pole.
    Me: No thanks...I already had a piece of cake.
    Girl: But the icy pole has less calories and you mightn't burn off the calories from the cake today, but you will burn off the calories from the icy pole.
    Me: :huh:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    That there are 0 (zero) calorie foods.

Sorry but AIR & PLAIN WATER are the ONLY things with 0 calories. Everything else has some.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got told I would gain weight from eating a handful of steamed carrots with my chicken at dinner, because the carrots are too starchy a carb for my body to digest after 6pm. So I had chicken and a doughnut instead.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This was one at work one day...
    Girl: Do you want an icy pole.
    Me: No thanks...I already had a piece of cake.
    Girl: But the icy pole has less calories and you mightn't burn off the calories from the cake today, but you will burn off the calories from the icy pole.
    Me: :huh:

Lol this reminds me of the "diet" versions of cup'a'soup called slim'a'soup. On the packet it says something like "only 30 calories, making you feel better about that cake you ate earlier". Why? You're just eating 30 more calories on top of the cake you ate earlier. You still ate the cake earlier.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as skinny

apparently this person never had a double whopper with cheese no tomato
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Broken biscuits don't have any calories :noway:
    :laugh:

ROFL! No offence but people who got tricked into believing this ... :explode: *facepalm*

'Rice and Tofu has no calories..'
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Humans aren't designed to drink milk. Basically, any story that says humans aren't designed to eat whatever humans are currently eating.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    Coffee, tea, fizzy drinks aren't water and can not be counted as water.

to be honest I only recently found out that caffeinated drinks won't dehydrate you. This info made me very happy (big coffee drinker).
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    "glucose is toxic" ummm yeah. *cough* my cells run on toxic.

Glucose IS toxic, but it's entirely context dependent. A normal person doesn't usually have this problem, but type 1 diabetics have to deal with it everyday. Hyperglycemia is extremely dangerous due to them because it's acidic.

That does not mean its toxic. Come on.

You are both half-right, glucose can be considered toxic when it is present in large enough quantities, like in diabetics....same with something like vitamin A, perfectly harmless when taken in small doses, but once your reach excessive quantities, you start suffering from vitamin A toxicity...

But it only applies when both are found in excess, in a normal diet they would not non-toxic because they are not harming your body
  • tom_olech
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as skinny

apparently this person never had a double whopper with cheese no tomato

Your my hero!
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Walking when you are eating cancels out calories - working in a chocolate shop I heard this one a lot!

Dammit this was mine too!!
  • tom_olech
    Options
    Humans aren't designed to drink milk. Basically, any story that says humans aren't designed to eat whatever humans are currently eating.

WOW...this completely ignores the fact that human drink NOTHING but milk for the first part of their lives
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The funny thing about threads like this is that there are usually one or two people who have no clue what they are saying but just want to post to join in the slagging :wink:

FWIW I learned couple of new things here today, for which I'm grateful (I genuinely thought eggs are to be avoided, for example, due to cholesterol issues)
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My mother drove me crazy all my life with this one: if you drink a cup of water with apple cider vinegar added with each meal, it will cut the fat.

aarrgh!