30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• tatey2009
    tatey2009 Posts: 47
    Options
    I did it!! 3kg weights instead of baked beans and oh ... my ... god what a difference, it made it so much harder and certainly made me sweat and grunt much more!

Think I will have sore arms tomorrow but no pain and all that!
  • CherJem
    CherJem Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day also, only difference is I thought I was dying a lot earlier LOL
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    L1 D7 done....but I'm definitely going to stick with level 1 for a while longer.....my right knee wants to twist on me. I got a support this morning to start using tomorrow, but when I was doing the jumping jacks, I had to stop because my knee felt like it wanted to twist. Since all of my siblings and nephews have had knee surgery, I'm afraid it may be a genetic knee thing LOL !!

For those of you who just started, it really does get easier. When I first started, I wanted to collapse afterwards, now I actually have more energy when I finish the DVD, so hang in there, it will get better!!

And, DON'T let my knee slow you down, I went from sitting at a desk all day to going home, doing very little and going to bed...so you can imagine how out of shape I was in, and I'm pushing 50 to boot....so it's not the workout, it's I need to build some muscle to protect the joints!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, LET'S GET R DONE!!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done today. :)

I feel like I pulled something in my right hamstring. I felt it big time in the side lunges. I'm going to do some good stretching and hopefully it'll feel fine by tomorrow.

I'm feeling stronger, but man those jump ropes still get me!!! I'm a little nervous about Level 2!!! I haven't even looked at it yet so don't know what to expect.

23 more days! WOOO HOO!!! :drinker:
  • leeroxboro
    Options

I feel like I pulled something in my right hamstring. I felt it big time in the side lunges. I'm going to do some good stretching and hopefully it'll feel fine by tomorrow.

I'm feeling stronger, but man those jump ropes still get me!!! I'm a little nervous about Level 2!!! I haven't even looked at it yet so don't know what to expect.

I've started to stretch at least 3 times a day now!! I've never been flexible anyway!! Whenever I feel like I'm tightening up from the work out, I sneak to the empty office and do a few minutes of stretching...man do I feel better afterwards!!
  • leeroxboro
    Options

OH....I hope your hamstring's better tomorrow!!
  • MMFernaays
    MMFernaays Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Finished L2D6 yesterday...after having ran and walked with the kids. Jillian kicked my behind yesterday! :) But I'm feeling stronger, and it keeps me going!
  • puuka
    puuka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Finished D8 L1. This is third day when I am using 2x2kg weights, it feels better than day 1 but still not easy. I do the easy push ups and not real ones. I will try tomorrow do some real pushups.
    I think I need to do some extra streching or some more cardio.
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 yesterday and I had a real hard time with it. I am doing the C25K at the same time so it probably didn't help that I ran in the morning too.
    since I am doing the C25K at the same time it is going to take me longer than the 30 days to finish. My plan is to alternate the 30DS and C25K with one day off a week, so 3 day/week of each. Yesterday I didn't work so I was able to add in an extra 30DS workout in. I plan on doing that when I feel up to it, so I can finish the 30DS quicker.

I can't wait to see everyone's results when we are done. I took before pics and hope to see some good results.

Good luck to everyone!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Day 2 done today :)

After being up from 6 and going to work (residential/dementia care home) didnt think i was gonna be able to do it, i was sore all day at work, got stuck in a crouched down position whilst helping a resident.... and had to be helped up by her :blushing:

But... i came in, ran*limped* upstairs, threw on my kit and got straight into it.

Must say, managed to do more of it without feeling like i was gonna die... still finding the jump rope/ push ups hard... but hey im a newbie

I am suprised though at how much i ached this morning, im constantly on my feet all day at work and have muscular calves... didnt expect to feel them aching so much!

Rock on day 3!!

Cant wait :wink:

Im not doing any other workouts with this currently, but i am looking into buying a elliptical next month. Im not just doing this for 30 days, im hoping to carry on afterwards with it :)
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Day 8 done, and even though I'm getting stronger, it's still kicking my butt!! Looks like this might be the 45 day shred for me!!
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Did day 9 last night and day 10 this morning! Woohoo, Level 1 complete! I'm a little scared of level 2, but it starts tomorrow.

The hardest part of Level 1 for me has been the jumping jacks, jump rope, jumping jacks, jump rope sequence. Last night I finally made it through without a break, and I did it again this morning. Feels so good!
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's worth staying on level 1 until you can run it through without a break? I'm only on day 4 but I can't even imagine doing it all without catching my breath. Especially on the pushups and side lunges, they kill my arms ><
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Did day 9 last night and day 10 this morning! Woohoo, Level 1 complete! I'm a little scared of level 2, but it starts tomorrow.

The hardest part of Level 1 for me has been the jumping jacks, jump rope, jumping jacks, jump rope sequence. Last night I finally made it through without a break, and I did it again this morning. Feels so good!

CONGRATS on getting through that, I STILL can't do it!! Let me know if level 2 makes you as sore as when you started level 1
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Do you think it's worth staying on level 1 until you can run it through without a break? I'm only on day 4 but I can't even imagine doing it all without catching my breath. Especially on the pushups and side lunges, they kill my arms ><

You won't believe how much more you'll be able to do without a break in just a few days....I'm planning on sticking with level 1 until I can make it without a break, but I believe most are going on to level 2...it was suggested to go on to level 2 and if it was too hard, drop back to level 1.

The reason I'm going to do level 1 a few extra days is because I'm SO OUT OF SHAPE, and feel like I would get more out of level 2 if I do 1 at least until I can get the form right!! This is the first exercise I've done since before my last son was born, and he's 22 now, so that's a LONG, LONG time to get out of shape!!
  • durshley
    Options

You won't believe how much more you'll be able to do without a break in just a few days....I'm planning on sticking with level 1 until I can make it without a break, but I believe most are going on to level 2...it was suggested to go on to level 2 and if it was too hard, drop back to level 1.

The reason I'm going to do level 1 a few extra days is because I'm SO OUT OF SHAPE, and feel like I would get more out of level 2 if I do 1 at least until I can get the form right!! This is the first exercise I've done since before my last son was born, and he's 22 now, so that's a LONG, LONG time to get out of shape!!

I guess i'll see how I feel on Day 11 then! I do feel like I'm getting better already but it seems hard to believe i'll be able to do a session all the way through anytime soon. Abs are my fave part because at least I can lie on the floor and BREATHE.
  • jaeraeb
    jaeraeb Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey every one :) I'm starting this tonight wish me luck lol, just wondering what do I put in the excersize section of the app for here as I can't seem to find anything about the calories burnt doing the 30 day shred?

I put in "Circuit Training- general" to factor in my calories. You can put in how long you train for, so about 25 minutes not counting the warm-ups. Hope that helps!
  • CherJem
    Options
    Today is L1D3 for me. My legs are killing me. I was going to take a day off but I feel guilty. I'm not complaining or looking for excuses cuz I am determined. My abs have a good soreness to them which I'm kinda liking LOL

Did anyone else go through this? If so what did you do or are there any recommendations or advice?
  • durshley
    Options
    Today is L1D3 for me. My legs are killing me. I was going to take a day off but I feel guilty. I'm not complaining or looking for excuses cuz I am determined. My abs have a good soreness to them which I'm kinda liking LOL

Did anyone else go through this? If so what did you do or are there any recommendations or advice?

Felt the same on Day 2/3 as you say, I felt so much better after taking a walk afterwards and also the day 4 workout this morning. If anything I feel like I need to do something else because I'm not aching enough! Pushing through really did seem to do the job for me.
  • CherJem
    Options
    The walking helped the pain in your legs?????