• VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    "I'm running a bath"

What a sorry existence :laugh:
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Strangely, I dislike Facebook (and deleted my account long ago), but enjoy Twitter. I think it all has to do with not wanting to line Mark Zuckerberg's pockets further given that he originally stole the thing from another college student and openly mocks Facebook users. Then there's friend requests from people whom I never liked in high school... and that one person whose status was a massive rant about how she got the wrong muffin at Tim Horton's... blech! Pass!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Duck face pics! If you're over 15 it's NOT cute.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yep hate it execept for the odd time you find a long lost friend then it's ok.
  • ang16840
    ang16840 Posts: 8
    Options
    I used to go on ther way too much LOL
    then i started really getting over it.
    I think FB has made us have no boundries of what we think is ok to share to ppl.
    i would never be constanly whinging to a friend about petty little complaints if i saw her once a week for a catch up but now you see everything negative ppl whinge about that arn't important at all and it's every friggen day.
    maybe it does depend on your personality, i think if you are someone who tries to not whinge about petty things as you try and stay positive, of course reading ppls negative whinging is going to get annoying and bring you down after a while lol
    of course you can totally just block or delete them :p my thing is the privacy, it was never made to be a private site but now 'mary lou' can see when you post on 'billy ray's' page when they dont even know them and i dont like that lol
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

www.antiduckface.com
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I love fb but what annoys me are the people who check in everywhere they go, no one cares!!! Oh and the ones who post a load of youtube videos up filling up your newsfeed!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

www.antiduckface.com

Love it!
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    We don't care to see a picture of what you had for lunch and dinner

^THIS :noway:

EXACTLY!

Or posting a picture of your son or daughter's first poop. Disgusting!

Eeeeeeewwwwwwww. NEVER!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    532225_447330188688602_1109970777_n.jpg
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    532225_447330188688602_1109970777_n.jpg

:laugh:
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    haha i love someecards.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    haha i love someecards.

Yeah, haha, me too. The funniest part was I went to facebook because I had a message, and that was the first thing I saw :laugh:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the girls who post selfies every day :grumble:
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    MFP>Facebook
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I don't think it's cute on 15 year olds either

I also don't understand how this could ever have been perceived as cute by anyone, ever, and how it became such a trend in the first place.

duckface makes people look stupid. In fact it's worse than that, because if it was just people pulling silly faces to look stupid, it'd be funny. but duckface = this person thinks they look cool, trendy, whatever, but actually they look stupid and like they're trying too hard to be cool.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I swore I would never have Facebook. Then moved to Australia and find it really good for keeping in touch with family and friends back home. To many cousins to phone every week lol. I am sure I will be bored of it soon.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I've moved around a lot. I like facebook because I can keep in touch with people and see what's going on in their lives (I have interesting friends and I like my friends). It also helps me to exchange information among the dance community where I live. But, I don't spend too much time on there, and I don't check it everyday. My family and friends are in Boston, so it was also nice to be able to see that they were all ok. Sure, people sometimes post stuff that doesn't interest me, but I just ignore that.
  • sean_d33
    sean_d33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about amazon.com! They always have things for sale that I really want and they want me to spend MY money to own those products! They are always asking me to rate sellers too! So annoying. When will this website stop making me feel all of these emotions that I don't want to feel?!?!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    There's a funny joke my son told me about Facebook...

A guy will post, "HEY I JUST GOT INTO HARVARD!"
    He gets 1 like...from..."Thanks Grandma..."

A girl says, "Just woke up!"
    gets 34 likes & 29 comments...

Facebook is so weird... LOL