Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:

9_pick_up_lines_0mcdonaldsaz.gif
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I get noticed sometimes. At work, supermarkets etc. Which is good, I can only say I am flattered. But the good always comes with the bad. Teenage girls in groups always seem to think they can have their way with me and can be quite full on, only really in the summer months. Everyone says I look younger than my age, I still get ID'ed for certain things.
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never. I've only ever been asked out once, and it was a joke. I'm okay with it though(: Less boy drama for me!!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    He didn't know I had a loaded gun in my purse, and fortunately I didn't have to show it to him. But yeah, that is definitely the sort of thing I never had to worry about before.
    I am not defending verbal harassment by any means, but brandishing a loaded weapon over some butt comments might be a little bit of an overreaction. Certainly if he got out of his truck you would have a reason to potentially discharge said firearm, but what does a gun do that pepper spray doesn't [except for create a ton of blood and paperwork?]

This may be an unpopular opinion as it might come across as 'a woman should not defend herself' [and that is not at all what I am saying]. But I think that even mentioning the gun on a website suggests that you might not ever be far from using it. I sincerely hope that isn't the case.

I'm pretty sure I indicated that I did not "brandish a loaded weapon" over his comments. My point was, if he had known I had it, he likely would've minded his own damn business. I am lamenting the fact that I cannot carry openly.

And I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to why I carry, any more than you owe me an explanation as to why you choose to exercise your freedom of speech, but if you think the mere indication that I own and carry a gun means I am never far from recklessly and needlessly using it, YOU are the one who is overreacting.

If you don't like guns, don't buy any, and leave people the hell alone. You should be good to go.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Not when I was fat, but now, yes, I am noticed a lot, and I am definitely treated differently by men. The only time it bothers me is it obviously crosses the line into harassment territory. Last week, this guy followed me (in his truck) as I walked across a huge parking lot, saying some pretty ridiculous things about my *kitten*, among other really disgusting comments. He didn't know I had a loaded gun in my purse, and fortunately I didn't have to show it to him. But yeah, that is definitely the sort of thing I never had to worry about before.

Sure glad my request to see an *kitten* shot of you was on MFP and not in a parking lot. :noway:
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I do feel noticed when I'm running in the neighborhood because my neighbors know that I like to run during my spare time.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I only get noticed when I pull my pants down to my ankles.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I only get noticed when I pull my pants down to my ankles.

How you doin!? *flower for you*
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I could care less if people notice me, I am that old soul that if something is meant to happen it will. That goes for being attractive, I don't believe I am but my husband has given many glares to men who get a little to eye hungry with starring at me. I have noticed this a couple time, but since I have gained this weight I need to lose. I guess I am happily un stared at lol
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:

Haha crabby.....well, I guess there's no being oblivious here! :laugh: Of course, I do notice it online, everybody is SO much more forward on the interwebz :P
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I indicated that I did not "brandish a loaded weapon" over his comments. My point was, if he had known I had it, he likely would've minded his own damn business. I am lamenting the fact that I cannot carry openly.

And I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to why I carry, any more than you owe me an explanation as to why you choose to exercise your freedom of speech, but if you think the mere indication that I own and carry a gun means I am never far from recklessly and needlessly using it, YOU are the one who is overreacting.

If you don't like guns, don't buy any, and leave people the hell alone. You should be good to go.

I will just leave this here.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.

I get noticed too often, and usually people say the most mundane and repetitive things.

I remember seeing an ex after 4 years ( In which I'd grown 5 inches in this time and was about 100lbs heavier) and her reaction was quite funny.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get noticed...but only by men that are a minimum of 25 years older than me. Consistently. And the occasional woman. Never anybody my age or that I might be interested in!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

Haha crabby.....well, I guess there's no being oblivious here! :laugh: Of course, I do notice it online, everybody is SO much more forward on the interwebz :P

blow_me_a_kiss__by_zeljkae-d4t8cnu.gif
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

That's true...there is no doubt online...people just spit it out. Daily life is harder....i really think people just look at me cuz I did something stupid...hahaha....BUT Cat you are gorgeous girl.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I feel like I got noticed more often when I was 300+ lbs.

But then again, I have been getting more attention again recently. So maybe I just didn't notice being noticed because, after finally becoming aware of my own distaste in my body, I was self-concious and did not acknowledge that anyone noticed me.

Wait... did that make sense? :huh:
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Lamenting CC? Count your lucky ****ing stars. I live in a may-issue state, in a county that interprets it as "will issue only if you personally know the Sheriff".
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    No, never have anyone notice me...It's not a big deal. Just being honest.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Most people tell me I'm oblivious, but I've hardly ever noticed anyone noticing me.

This is me. My friends say this all the time. I never really notice, i just think that they're being friendly.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Couldn't tell ya. Wife claims it happens when we're out, but I guess I haven't been looking.