Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    When I'm happy and smiling I get attention.
    I pay attention to people that are happy and smiling.

IMO that's part of what makes people attractive.
    I mean a models smirk may work in print, but in reality do you really want to try and confront that face in person?

Lesson: if you want to be noticed smile!

I do smile a lot... I am a generally happy person...now get your butt to NJ so we can be smiley together.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have never been "checked out" in my life.

My girlfriend insists this is not true, but 1. it's in her best interest to delude herself into thinking she has good taste, and 2. there is absolutely zero corroborating evidence.

I just creeped on your profile to see if I would check you out IRL if I ever saw you. The answer is a resounding yes. So your girlfriend is probably right.

I checked it out too.. this lovely lady and your gf are both right. Not to mention 6'3", that alone is sexy...
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Occasionally but usually it's when I'm partying, which I usually ignore because I don't believe drunk people. It Rarely happens in my everyday life and when it does I am Super happy and it makes my day (I'm looking at you random guy who told me i looked nice on a train, and you guy who thought I was his friend and then referred to me as pretty).
  • bloodedflowers
    Options
    I think it's all about the confidence, two years ago, despite being rather chubby, I found myself on the receiving end of high amounts of male attention but around that time I'd gotten out of a really bad relationship and felt liberated and free, I didn't care how I looked or anything I was just happy and confidence, I wore whatever I wanted to however I wanted to regardless.

However now I recently lost my self confidence and, despite being slimmer than I was then, I rarely get a glance, or at least I've never noticed.

Though this may have something to do with my boyfriend giving guys "the look" if he notices any indication of them wanting to make a move.
  • Igotdisbish
    Options
    Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.

lol. if you have a vagina- you get noticed by guys all the time. just sayin.

True story :bigsmile:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Occasionally but usually it's when I'm partying, which I usually ignore because I don't believe drunk people. It Rarely happens in my everyday life and when it does I am Super happy and it makes my day (I'm looking at you random guy who told me i looked nice on a train, and you guy who thought I was his friend and then referred to me as pretty).

You're kidding?! Drunk people rate up there in honesty with five year olds!! Pretty damn honest :P
  • Missy975
    Missy975 Posts: 2
    Options
    i (finally) got approached for the first time at my gym after years of working out there. i was deadlifting like a champ and a guy (not too hot, not too shabby either) came up to me to tell me how damn impressed he was (and how he thought it was hot that i was lifting like a pro).

i've had to build my self-esteem up from nothing after YEARS of being bullied from elementary throughout much of my high school years. and then i became a bit of an alcoholic in college and the initial two years after graduation--just drinking away my insecurities and developing a false sense of power and confidence. and in the years since getting sober, i've had to basically grow up and start liking and loving myself again, without the "aid" of any crutches. FINALLY, almost 6 years sober and with a healthy outlet of weekly therapy, kicking *kitten* and taking names when working out, i'm starting to get a bit more confident--and i think that shows.

but i still have my childhood insecurity inside of me--sometimes battling my "fake it til you make it" outlook on being awesome. confidence is an ongoing process...sometimes i wonder, "why would anyone look at me or want to be with me?"--and other times i know how beautiful i am, inside and out, and how much i have to offer to the world/another. all depends on the day....

Silvergurl, I Love your post/reply. I checked out your profile pics and you are Beautiful (on the outside) but you have an amazing smile that radiates the beautiful person you are on the inside. At least thats my opinion and what I see. Kudos to you, your 6 years, your hard work & dedication to yourself and a healthier happier you. You deserve it!

ODAAT! :) Enjoy each one!
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This has happened more over the last six months that I've noticed than ever before. It makes me quite uncomfortable and humbled at the same time. I just use it during my workouts to bust my *kitten*....
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly laughing, visibly tattooed, platinum hair, and half a shaved head. I tend to chalk up most attention I receive to being "interesting" looking, and not so much conventionally attractive. I do get approached at bars, or clubs more than some of my thinner friends. I think it has to do with where I am mentally. I'm pretty confident, and rarely seem to notice other people, which apparently makes people notice me. I get strangers complimenting my tattoos, or hair on the everyday, but that's about it.

When I'm positive, stop paying attention to other people, and am happier with myself I seem to get a lot more attention than when I am shlepping around, and telling myself I am awful, and no one will look at me ever.
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you fit society's definition of attractive or not........self confidence is sexy and will get you noticed!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    Options
    This has happened more over the last six months that I've noticed than ever before. It makes me quite uncomfortable and humbled at the same time. I just use it during my workouts to bust my *kitten*....

It must be those stunna shades you're wearing :laugh:
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    I think I may be related to the Invisible Man. :/
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Just recently (the past few years) I have become more noticed... I guess I've started to grow into my looks and body, leaned up, and have more confidence. Before that I was just another friend who was a little chubby and just a nice guy. Now I have the looks to go with the personality I've always had, plus more confidence.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Hahaha! Perhaps....or the Hot *kitten* Glasses you got ON?
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    My guy friend that I've known for 9 years has finally started to show affection towards me:) My weight loss has definitely given me more confidence!
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    For me, I've always been viewed as the "Big Girl", and have always maintained that mentality. Now that I am a lot smaller I continue to think this way. Just yesterday I was at the grocery store and and a guy loudly hit on me fand commented on my butt from across the entire parking lot, which I found disrespectful. I blushed and stepped into my car, without even acknowledging his comments. I am so not used to the attention, so when i receive a compliment I have a hard time taking it, because my inner fat girl just doesn't know how. I hope one day that I can get over this little hiccup and be able to take a genuine compliment. I tend to stay to myself for the most part and don't realise that people are looking or checking me out . But I have noticed recently that I have been approached a lot lately and given nice compliments.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    Options

Hahaha! Perhaps....or the Hot *kitten* Glasses you got ON?

Yes!! Who knew that the glasses that came with my 'Where's Waldo' costume would be such a hit?? :P
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i (finally) got approached for the first time at my gym after years of working out there. i was deadlifting like a champ and a guy (not too hot, not too shabby either) came up to me to tell me how damn impressed he was (and how he thought it was hot that i was lifting like a pro).

i've had to build my self-esteem up from nothing after YEARS of being bullied from elementary throughout much of my high school years. and then i became a bit of an alcoholic in college and the initial two years after graduation--just drinking away my insecurities and developing a false sense of power and confidence. and in the years since getting sober, i've had to basically grow up and start liking and loving myself again, without the "aid" of any crutches. FINALLY, almost 6 years sober and with a healthy outlet of weekly therapy, kicking *kitten* and taking names when working out, i'm starting to get a bit more confident--and i think that shows.

but i still have my childhood insecurity inside of me--sometimes battling my "fake it til you make it" outlook on being awesome. confidence is an ongoing process...sometimes i wonder, "why would anyone look at me or want to be with me?"--and other times i know how beautiful i am, inside and out, and how much i have to offer to the world/another. all depends on the day....

Silvergurl, I Love your post/reply. I checked out your profile pics and you are Beautiful (on the outside) but you have an amazing smile that radiates the beautiful person you are on the inside. At least thats my opinion and what I see. Kudos to you, your 6 years, your hard work & dedication to yourself and a healthier happier you. You deserve it!

ODAAT! :) Enjoy each one!

thank you--from the bottom of my heart <3:)
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The wrong people notice me. Like the creepy guy at the Circle K. Or the kid that tried to shave his own name into the back of his head and missed some of the letters. The guy with the excessive amount of earwax creeping out of his ears. Why?

Pretty much the guys I'd like to notice me don't and the ones I like to hide from in the corner or behind shelves will find me every time.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    Options
    For me, I've always been viewed as the "Big Girl", and have always maintained that mentality. Now that I am a lot smaller I continue to think this way. Just yesterday I was at the grocery store and and a guy loudly hit on me fand commented on my butt from across the entire parking lot, which I found disrespectful. I blushed and stepped into my car, without even acknowledging his comments. I am so not used to the attention, so when i receive a compliment I have a hard time taking it, because my inner fat girl just doesn't know how. I hope one day that I can get over this little hiccup and be able to take a genuine compliment. I tend to stay to myself for the most part and don't realise that people are looking or checking me out . But I have noticed recently that I have been approached a lot lately and given nice compliments.

Well, you better start getting used to it because you are beautiful!!