Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• aarikadanielle
    Options
    For me, I've always been viewed as the "Big Girl", and have always maintained that mentality. Now that I am a lot smaller I continue to think this way. Just yesterday I was at the grocery store and and a guy loudly hit on me fand commented on my butt from across the entire parking lot, which I found disrespectful. I blushed and stepped into my car, without even acknowledging his comments. I am so not used to the attention, so when i receive a compliment I have a hard time taking it, because my inner fat girl just doesn't know how. I hope one day that I can get over this little hiccup and be able to take a genuine compliment. I tend to stay to myself for the most part and don't realise that people are looking or checking me out . But I have noticed recently that I have been approached a lot lately and given nice compliments.

Well, you better start getting used to it because you are beautiful!!
    Awe thank you :)
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would say it's more about being a confident and genuinely happy person. I am the heaviest I have been in 16 years and seem to get more attention now than when I was slimmer. But I am more confident and sure of myself at this point in my life than I ever have been! Then again it could just be because my boobs are bigger from the extra weight. :ohwell:

And I tend to be more attracted to confidence that looks.
  • dwall1872
    dwall1872 Posts: 48
    Options
    i usually wait for a smile otherwise i just go about my business :)
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This has happened more over the last six months that I've noticed than ever before. It makes me quite uncomfortable and humbled at the same time. I just use it during my workouts to bust my *kitten*....

It must be those stunna shades you're wearing :laugh:
    Hahaha! Perhaps....or the Hot *kitten* Glasses you got ON?

Yes!! Who knew that the glasses that came with my 'Where's Waldo' costume would be such a hit?? :P

You got that "Naughty Librarian" look. :happy:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

I have probably seen this about a dozen times, and yet I feel the need to watch it every single time...why?!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

I have probably seen this about a dozen times, and yet I feel the need to watch it every single time...why?!

Haha....just because it's fanfuuckingtastic!!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Actually I take back what I said earlier. I get noticed by my fiance and lesbians. I'm okay with this.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

I think that's probably it too...damn you, jac! I don't even know you, but DAMN YOU.
  • Rungirl29
    Rungirl29 Posts: 10
    Options
    Most people tell me I'm oblivious, but I've hardly ever noticed anyone noticing me.

Same here... I'm usually so caught up in my own world that I don't even notice. My husband tells me people look at me, but I don't see it.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I always feel like people are just being nice or polite. So I really don't feel attractive at all.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I feel like I can't answer this question without coming across even more full of myself than I already appear to be.

^^This - QFT

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

This just made my whole day to funny i love it, i haven't known jac that long but he a pretty ****ing funny guy lol
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I would say guys have always flirted with me but until recently I was not the most confident person out there so I mostly just blew it off, but my husband gets mad cause he see guys checking me out and he hates it. I don't pay much mind to any of it what matters to me is how i feel when i look in the mirror and lately i feel pretty damn good at what i see and i have worked hard to get where i am and won't stop until i love what i see. My favorite is when people you went to school with that never paid any attention to you whatsoever in school talk to you on facebook years later when you look much better than you did and they are all like, i had the hots for you in school I just never said anything cause I was to shy----LMFAO yeah ok sure you did. How about sorry but I am married now and your dumb *kitten* lines are not going to get you in my pants lol gotta love it
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I was offered cash for illegal services by a older woman 60+. I now drive a Mercedes.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I started getting hit on and harassed by strange men in public when I was 12 (that's when I got boobs). I'm reminded of the first time it happened - a swarthy foreign guy pulled over in his car and relentlessly chatted me up while I stood at a bus stop. I smiled with my braces showing and said "I'm 12!" and he replied "In my country you would be married by now!". Thank God the bus came, but then he followed in his car until I got off the bus and then he jumped out and started up again. I finally got rid of him by giving him a fake phone number. Of course now that I'm older and meaner I would not be as nice (I think would injure him physically) but I was just a kid.

Anyway, both the unwanted and wanted attention stopped when I got fat in my early 40's. I'm interested to see if that changes as I get smaller, or if my window of head-turning attractiveness has passed.
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    if it's happening I'm oblivious to it
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    This last year I get noticed, a lot. I honestly love it. I take care to always look good when I walk out the door and it's nice to know that it's worth the time and effort I put into it. I am also very friendly and talk to people, make eye contact etc so that might be part of it. I get hit on almost every time I go out, by men and women, and it's very, very flattering.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

I think that's probably it too...damn you, jac! I don't even know you, but DAMN YOU.

:wink:

:flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    I've never really gotten much notice except from my bf, but that's fine cause thats all I need :P
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    LOL my husband has been asked on occasion by other men how someone like him landed someone who looks like me, hell one idiot that do's not even know my hubby said it to him at a bar. My hubby being the bigger man walked away, later on the drunk idiot got his *kitten* handed to him by a bar regular. If I do get noticed regularly I do not usually notice it.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I dont think I ever was thought of as attractive on a normal basis. And in the handful of times that I was told I was, it was conditional, like "If you smiled more you'd be cute" or "You'd be much more attractive if you didn't look mad all the time"