ways to annoy a fitness person

Options

Replies

• Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    tell them how you're afraid to take protein supplements because you'll get "too bulky"
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ask for advice on how to be as fit as them then when hearing "eating better and exercise regularly" just tell them that would never work.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Tell them you don't have time to go to the gym.

Go into a fast food place and order a Big Mac, Large Fries... and a large diet Coke.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    or tell them "you're only thin cuz you run so much"... make sure to discount all their healthier food choices as they are eating grilled chicken and veggies while you eat cheeseburger w/ bacon and fries then order a milkshake
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

don't wipe the sweat off machines/benches when you are done

I got ringworm from somebody doing this, so yes it is annoying!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    hogg the squat rack doing only 10lbs squats.for many reps.:bigsmile:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Whinge about being over weight while you stuff cookies in.

LOL, I hear this one all the time in my office!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    show the trainer your lunge stance and form

....in the locker room

....after you showered

....with no clothes on
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Don't bother to rerack the 500lbs you were half-squatting.

Pick up dumbbells, carry them to the other side of the gym to use them, and leave them there.

Curls in the squat rack. (Been said, had to say it again because I'm still pissed how long I had to wait for equipment last night.)

Constantly go on a different fad diet where you lose 20lbs and pack 25 back on when you stop dieting, then tell someone who's lost that weight and kept it off how awesome your fad diet is.

Tell them that you'll gain weight if you eat more than 1000 calories a day... and tell them this while you're at a bar, downing a pitcher of beer.

Just about everything else that's already been said.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I work out at home or by walking, if you want to piss me off when working out? it is easily done by bugging the **** out of me when I am working out, as far as walking go's if you can talk comfortably then you are not walking fast/ hiking hard enough.
  • sabrinalee8
    sabrinalee8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Order a large pizza and say "I'll just work out twice as hard" - RAAAARRGGGHHH!!! YOU CAN'T OUT EXERCISE A BAD DIET!

"I don't have time to go to the gym... Oh, yeah I'll come for a few drinks tonight!"

Not wiping the sweat off the machines when done

"I don't want to get bulky, so I avoid weights"

People who hog machines at the gym

People who go to the gym just to use the sauna etc

"I am so fat, I'm disgusting" *shovels in mouthfuls of donuts and potato chips*
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Ask them how they've lost so much weight and been so successful. And then talk about how you so badly need to lose weight and have gained so much over the past year. And then take them up on their offer to go with you to the gym and then not show up and not change anything and not take any of their advice.

Joke in line at the work cafeteria about how you just like food too much, so you'd rather stay fat.

As a man (or a woman), replace your meals with Slim Fast shakes and yogurt, eat around 900 calories all day long, and do nothing but walk on the treadmill or do an occasional spin class.

Talk about how your wife cooks dinner, so you are at her mercy when it comes to eating healthier and that's why you can't lose weight.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    tell them that fruit water can "flush" fat.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    My favorite is my overweight workmates.
    They say life is not worth living unless I can eat and drink what I want. Yet they have to take the elevator up one level.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Order a large pizza and say "I'll just work out twice as hard" - RAAAARRGGGHHH!!! YOU CAN'T OUT EXERCISE A BAD DIET!
    Wait, what? Could you clarify?
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    By being fat
    This is annoying...how can someone annoy you by being fat? It's not a personality trait or an annoying habit...like say being a *kitten*
  • smikulicz
    smikulicz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tell them you don't have the time to work out.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Tell them you only do upper body, cuz my legs get enough exercise just walking.

Actually, go to the gym sometime and look at 90% of the no-neck muscleheads, they have legs like chickens...
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Tell them you are on a 500 calorie diet.

This, I've seen, is the most annoying thing of it all!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Tell them theyre doing every exercise wrong. Then proceed to take on the role of personal trainer and advise them to do it completely wrong.

Walk around the gym grabbing their weights and re-racking them while they're in the middle of alternating sets.