ways to annoy a fitness person

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Tell them you are starting a new "diet" on Monday, so until then you are going to enjoy yourself.

:indifferent:
  • sabrinalee8
    sabrinalee8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Order a large pizza and say "I'll just work out twice as hard" - RAAAARRGGGHHH!!! YOU CAN'T OUT EXERCISE A BAD DIET!
    Wait, what? Could you clarify?

Well, my brother eats a lot of fast food and junk and his excuse is that he just works twice as hard at the gym. He's not doing anything to benefit his health and doesn't understand the fact that healthy living is 80% nutrition, 20% fitness.

People who have a bad diet and say they can burn it off at the gym annoy me.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Telling me a really well constructed story that wastes my time that can be summarised by the question: what is the magic pill?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Telling me a really well constructed story that wastes my time that can be summarised by the question: what is the magic pill?

Good one.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Or...

2nbx6vb.gif

Am I the only one super impressed by Jim Carrey's move?
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    ask for a workout that will give you "long and lean" muscles.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Tell him he's got bad form
    Comment on anything he eats that is even remotely unhealthy
    Tell him you gained 10KG of pure muscle mass in 2 months
    Tell him that whey protein is bad for you
    Tell him that creatine can give you acne and gyno
    Don't shower, go run on the treadmill next to them - sweat a lot and make sure its dripping EVERYWHERE
    Tell them their form is terrible
    Tell them they aren't impressive because they're on steroids (even though he/she isn't)
    Tell them macros should be at 90/5/5 c/p/f
    Take all your equipment you're going to use for the day and put it by a bench and say you're using it
    Tell them how bench press is bad for their health because it causes arthritis
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tell them how inspired you are by how good they look that you are going on a fruit flush diet this weekend (I almost ranted about how quick fixes never work and I have worked hard to eat well and workout but then realized it would go over her head!)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Announce in front of the person who has lost and still losing and getting fit (when you are at least 50 lbs overweight) that "people on 'diets' are idiots and that you are SO SORRY that other people haven't learned to love themselves as much as YOU do. :explode: And that people who work out are morons if they also are 'dieting' because EVERYONE KNOWS that when you work out you don't need to watch what you eat."

Also, that in YOUR culture, women have more important things to worry about than the width of their hips.

The nicest possible response I could come up with in a work environment was that I love myself too much NOT to eat properly and work out. And a nice, dismissive laugh at the other comments, which I can tell made her very angry :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Use the word "Toned". It's very annoying.
    Yeah, this is the one that annoys me when I read or hear it. But you learn to eye roll very good from constant repetition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    -Every time you see them eating say "oooooohh your going to mess up your diet!"

-Ask them for their advice in a patronizing way, then discredit them to make it look like you already knew it, and then secretly try it when nobodys looking,
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Use the word "Toned". It's very annoying.
    Yeah, this is the one that annoys me when I read or hear it. But you learn to eye roll very good from constant repetition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Nope you're wrong.

..Just saw your signature in your post so I'm arguing with a fitness dude to see if it annoys ya ;D
  • sabrinalee8
    sabrinalee8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say "I love my curves" when they are not curvy, they're just overweight... e.g. Gemma Collins from The Only Way Is Essex... Gemma+Collins+Gemma+Collins+Launches+Plus+JTY_GofV8Upl.jpg

This also annoys me... Seeing a family eating junk because it's "cheaper" than eating healthy.. a-fat-obese-overweight-kid-child-0.jpg
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    Start telling them that the reason they can't loose weight is because they have too many food allergies. >:( (this person tells me this every week, and ps they have had gastric bypass surgery and still are overweight)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Its not cheaper to eat junk - you can eat very cheaply if you are intelligent or prepared to learn about nutrition. Big bag of pasta, big bag of potatoes, some value baked beans, tomatoes and a few seasonings can go a long way.

Sorry, the picture of those kids just annoyed me.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Mention vegan bodybuilders ^_^
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Doing knee bends and calling them squats.
    :laugh: Knee bends....LMAO!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Make up your own exercise

2jcipec.gif

Or...

2nbx6vb.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say "I love my curves" when they are not curvy, they're just overweight... e.g. Gemma Collins from The Only Way Is Essex... Gemma+Collins+Gemma+Collins+Launches+Plus+JTY_GofV8Upl.jpg

This also annoys me... Seeing a family eating junk because it's "cheaper" than eating healthy.. a-fat-obese-overweight-kid-child-0.jpg

This, I know a few girls who say they are curvy, yet they curve outwards, not inwards..
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    spw35u.jpg