For everyone NOT losing or Stalling Out! READ THIS NOW!

Options

Replies

• VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Someone needs some bacon love!
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jelk8881
    jelk8881 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Glad I read this. I knew to eat above my BMR and below my TDEE. But my problem is I was losing weight then just stopped. And this week I was under some days and a little over some other days. So from what you say that should work. I dont cut out anything I eat my cheese though and mayo I just eat a little bit of it. And if I do want a regular brownie I just exercise more. Although my problem wasnt stop eating so much it was trying to eat during the day. So now I just eat when I feed my kids during the day. So now I am eating breakfast lunch and dinner.
  • SarahL522
    SarahL522 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes yes YES! High Five!
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great post. I would also add that I measure everything because portion sizes can be tricky (and if someone else already posted that, sorry for the repeat.) . I also refuse to eat fat free salad dressing. That stuff tastes terrible and ruins a good bowl of veggies. I use my regular salad dressing and measure it out. I've learned to use much less dressing and my salads still taste great.
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hear, hear!!!!!!!
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I couldnt have said it better myself... I do not post my tradegies on here, but I have read othrs and I look at what people tell them and I try different stuff! Thanks for saying out loud what I have felt several times over!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Postgraduate Medical Journal (March 1973)

lol ACG :laugh:
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I do! YAY! Thanks for sharing ... very well said!! :happy:
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Glad I read this. I knew to eat above my BMR and below my TDEE. But my problem is I was losing weight then just stopped. And this week I was under some days and a little over some other days. So from what you say that should work. I dont cut out anything I eat my cheese though and mayo I just eat a little bit of it. And if I do want a regular brownie I just exercise more. Although my problem wasnt stop eating so much it was trying to eat during the day. So now I just eat when I feed my kids during the day. So now I am eating breakfast lunch and dinner.

haha of course! Thats another way to do it! I love cheese and will never get rid of it, I just stopped putting it on other things. I like to eat string cheese instead. and if it fits in your cals then by all means, EAT WHAT YOU LIKE! :wink:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    OP: You really think you have it all figured out... while you are promoting highly refined grains (bread, Special K bars, etc) and eliminating fat? Are you aware that fat is a necessary macro and most of us are getting too little HEALTHY fats and far too much sugar and refined grains? Are you aware that people have a tendency to be incessantly hungry on a low fat diet and store carbs as fat on a high carb diet?

I agree with some of what you said but stop the LOW FAT insanity already. Please.
  • misseseaj2010
    Options
    I agree with everything she said. There are 2 things I have noticed about some members on mfp doing things that I feel like hinders weight loss.

First is WAY over estimating calories burned. I will see things on my status updates like "burned 500 calories doing light/moderate cleaning for 60min." or like burned "1,000 doing 1hr of (insert exercise that would never burn that many calories in an hour.) I'm no expert but alot of the calories burned updates I see, don't seem right. I have also noticed forum posts about mfp over estimating calories burned. And then if people are eating those calories back that they didn't actually burn, obviously their not going to lose weight.

The second thing is only counting calories. One member I noticed it said lost 0.5lbs since last way in, when someone said good job they said eh it's ok.. welcome to slow weight loss caused by (insert lame excuse.) And then I looked at the persons food diary and they had been going over their fat every single day and I mean way over not just a little.

I'm not trying to be a downer or judge other members, I'm just giving my opinion on things I have noticed. Like I said I'M NOT AN EXPERT.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of "tough love" I can get behind. Of course people are going to find ways to nitpick at how your post is wrong / repetitive and unnecessary / bossy / unhelpful, but I can see evidence already disproving that from all the people thanking you. Plus, you look great, so you have room to say these things!

Agreed! Yes, there are many posts on here by others about how to help people achieve their goals and offering tips from their experiences. If today was spmeone's first day on MFP, that may be the first time they have seen ANY tips. Sometimes searching for posts can be daunting. And if you are like me, you are on this site while at work....so you gotta be quick too in case boss lady/man walks by! Not enough time to read through every single post on here about road maps and such.

I personally felt her post had just the right dose of "tough love" and was more geared toward people like me - those sorts of changes are real and concrete and easy to do. But sometimes it takes another person pointing them out to turn on that lightbulb.

And.....that is probably the longest post I have ever made. I'm on my lunch break. I was eating one Dove Promises -Dark Chocolate while reading it.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    this!
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    OP: You really think you have it all figured out... while you are promoting highly refined grains (bread, Special K bars, etc) and eliminating fat? Are you aware that fat is a necessary macro and most of us are getting too little HEALTHY fats and far too much sugar and refined grains? Are you aware that people have a tendency to be incessantly hungry on a low fat diet and store carbs as fat on a high carb diet?

I agree with some of what you said but stop the LOW FAT insanity already. Please.

IN NO WAY was I promoting Low fat. AT ALL. Or at least not trying to. I eat a lot of fat. I do no low-carb and no low-fat or low anything diets. They were just suggestions for cravings. and I ALWAYS feel full. Protein and fiber are my weapon for killing hunger! :smile:
  • roxazaloah
    Options
    Love this post.
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

Sometimes the manufactorers replace the fat with sugar also so check at the food label before you make your purchase. You may be trading fat for sugar.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • tigermorris
    Options
    bump