"I love you more..."

Options

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Me: You're crazy.
    Him: Crazy 'bout you.

We stopped saying it over the years, but whenever he gets the opening, he'll still say it.

And it still warms my heart.
    That's so cute!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My favorite is when he randomly comes up behind me, picks me up, and bear hugs me.
    :heart: the hugs!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    We were watching some show about couples and somebody said "he/she is my rock". I asked my husband if I was his rock, and without skipping a beat he said, "Oh yeah. Without a doubt. You're definitely my rock. I don't know what I'd do without you". We're not overly sentimental, so I don't hear this a lot. It was sweet.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    In for the mushiness..........

When the ex was stationed away for 2 years.... we always made it a point to talk on the phone when we went to bed. You know, end the day "together" even though thousands of miles separated us.
    99% of the nights, we both fell asleep while still on the phone...
    BTDT on falling asleep on the phone. lol When we were still living long distance we did that from time to time as well.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Everyday she tells me good night, good work, I'll most likely kill you in the morning.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When I say good night to my daughter and I go to close the door, I always say "love you to the moon and back" and she always says "love you to the park and back" :smooched: love my Princess :heart:
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I talk about kids and marriage all the time. I love it when he calls me Mrs. Schoene. He will call me on the phone, and say, "can I speak with Mrs. Schoene?" and I say, "this is Mrs. Schoene" and he gets all giddy. It's super cute.

Also, he will randomly text me, "you're mine" and I get all happy lol. I love when he tells me he misses me. there's just something about it when a man says it first.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    A friend of ours has a little boy who one night had been watching TV before bed and obviously saw one of the charity adverts.

He said to his Dad as he was tucking him 'Daddy, I love you all the way to Africa where the little children drink the dirty water and back again to my love heart' .

My husband now says to me every night :laugh:
    That's definitely unusual, but I love how little kids pick up odd little tidbits here & there. And very sweet!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I recently started calling him my Snuggle-up-a-gus, because we like to snuggle up together. :smooched:

Him: "You're so weird!" or sometimes "strange," but always with a laugh. This is often after I've done something weird or strange.
    Me: "If I wasn't, you'd be bored."
    Him: "Yeah, I like you weird."

I also like it when we're just sitting on the couch and he starts running his hand up and down my back. By now, he knows without me asking to scratch right where the bra strap sits - and it's heavenly. :love:
    lol I tell mine he's a dork all the time. And then he points out that I love him. Hehehe
  • mariposa224
    Options
    This morning, my husband cuddled up behind me and said so simply, "You're my best friend." Yesterday, he texted me to say that he was thinking about me a lot the last few days and that he chooses me. Goodness, makes my heart, which was already melted, run everywhere.
    Awww.... Yeah, always get all melty when mine says things out of left field. :flowerforyou:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    my husband, who is not a mushy person at all, tucks me into bed each night, kisses me on my check and says "good night, i love you love muffin". we say i love you probably 15 times a day, and hes always asking for kisses. hes too cute for words :)
    lol That's cute!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    mine always says "i love you more than yesterday"....the end of the quote is "and less then tomorrow" but he never says it. He always says that i'm his favorite fiance, or he calls me pookie (his pet name is sugar bum lol). We very rarely call each other by our given names, it's usually "honey" or "hon". I get the usual; goosed in the kitchen, boob squeeze in the hallway, over exaggerated make-out session that makes me laugh hysterically. I get nightly back rubs, and always a hand to hold when I'm falling asleep. My man loves me, and I sure do love him
    Aww That's a whole lot of mushiness, and it obviously works for the two of you. Very sweet!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    tumblr_m5dnbr1PeQ1r4noob_zps787dbf91.gif

^ This. As much as I hate the "my SO sucks" threads, I'm feeling a little ill right now!

Oh, and this is for you Little Miss Sexy Pudd'n Pop!!! You know who your are! :flowerforyou:
    lol I'm not usually in the mood for such a lovey-dovey-mush-fest, but I wanted to share today. And I'm enjoying the stories. :drinker:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My husband is completely selfish with food and a HUGE germaphobe. One day while having dinner at his mother's house (mind you my husband is her baby and no one was good enough for him lol) I needed a swig of a drink after eating his steak bits so he handed me his cup of water to drink. His mother pulled me aside and said "I truly understand how much my son loves you and I am giving you my complete blessing for anything that you guys may need in your lifetime." Just from that little gesture which I found out later was a HUGE gesture in her eyes. :D
    That is huge for a germaphobe, for sure. It's really cool that his mom immediately recognized it, too!
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My husband once stroked the hair by my neck until I fell asleep, it was such a comforting feeling :) We also lift together and he always makes my protein shake just right :)

Best my ex could say was "Love you with all of my penis" Which wasn't much :laugh:
    the last part made me laugh
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Never respond to this comment by getting a pensive look on your face and then saying "Hmmm, ya, I guess you are right". Trust me on this one ;)
    Hahahahahahahaha
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    my boyfriend and I are long distance, but I talk to him everyday through skype and cellphones, and every night i'll call him on my phone and we'll talk until one of us falls asleep, and when it's me i'll wake up in the morning to text messages of him telling me how much he loves me and how much I mean to him, and that he can sleep with peace now knowing my voice was the last thing he heard before he went to sleep. It makes me feel so special to have him.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    My husband is completely selfish with food and a HUGE germaphobe. One day while having dinner at his mother's house (mind you my husband is her baby and no one was good enough for him lol) I needed a swig of a drink after eating his steak bits so he handed me his cup of water to drink. His mother pulled me aside and said "I truly understand how much my son loves you and I am giving you my complete blessing for anything that you guys may need in your lifetime." Just from that little gesture which I found out later was a HUGE gesture in her eyes. :D

I had a similar story with MY mom: I had absolutely stuffed myself one morning at breakfast and offered my boyfriend my last piece of bacon. I told my mom about it later, and she said that's when she knew it was serious.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I told my boyfriend I love him more than mini eggs, he nearly fainted......
    :heart:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    actually i have heard this a lot,
    but my husband and i our standard phone good bye is
    " love ya later bye" said as one word..

and yes the it gets smiles etc..
    and it does have a dual intention just as the phrase implies
    Cute!