Replies

• dunkkers50
    dunkkers50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    get serious
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point where I can't tell if I've shut down completely or I'm just not giving anyone a chance. I hate dating, and the idea of being a girlfriend makes me shudder a little. But um, good luck to you. heh. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point where I can't tell if I've shut down completely or I'm just not giving anyone a chance. I hate dating, and the idea of being a girlfriend makes me shudder a little. But um, good luck to you. heh. :flowerforyou: :smile:

:drinker:

It's either feels like a friggin' job interview, used as a free hooking service, or torture. And people wonder why some of us stay in relationships way past the expiration date.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    WTF do you NEED a boyfriend for? Men are too much drama and in my experience lately friggin scared of strong confident women. I hope you find a decent man if that's truly what you think will bring you happiness.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    No you don't, boys are icky
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    But I'm certainly not looking for him on MFP. :-)

In all seriousness- it's time.

I've been off the market/out of the game for the last 5+ years and now it's a foreign event.

I'm not sure how to meet people, how to broach the subject of having a baby, and how much if it is just for fun versus seriousness.

And what's the etiquette on gym flirting? I'm usually in my own world under the barbell but the gym is one of the only places I regularly visit where I'm in mixed company, soooooo...

My only advice is don't wait 9+ plus years, like me, or you will be even more socially awkward.
    Good luck!

PS If that is your real body, I'm sure there are people checkin ya out at the gym already...make friends with them and go from there!

Hey...look at me! I've been widowed for going on 11 years now...had one(I thought) was a boyfriend who turned into a jerk...and that was 2 years ago!
    I've really quit actively looking now...if I run across someone who is interested...well, we'll see! plentyoffish.com

I'd love to start a website called throwhimback.com. haha- reviews of members from dating websites and the other half would just be dating horror stories. Someone with some technical savvy jump on that. :-)
    www.DontDateHimGirl.com
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    nope_525.jpg

as long as you feel the need to have one, it's not the right time. a boyfriend doesn't complete your life, he enhances it. if you pick one to fill a NEED, then you'll likely pick the wrong one.

trust me

now back to the fun!
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If that's your attitude in life (in general) you shouldn't have any trouble at all.:flowerforyou:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

as long as you feel the need to have one, it's not the right time. a boyfriend doesn't complete your life, it enhances it. if you pick one to fill a NEED, then you'll likely pick the wrong one.

trust me

now back to the fun!

Listen to this one. She's brilliant and a babe.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Rampant rabbits are the way forward, They don't answer back or expect u to make their tea nd do washing! Just sayin ;)
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I will boyfriend you so hard!

I will ask you out for coffee and even talk to you while looking at your face and not looking at all the hot waitresses

Then, oh you better be prepared for my next brutal move because after the coffee, I will ask you out for a dinner and movie. Oh yeah, you know how hard I would be boyfriending you when theres dinner and a movie involved!

I will wine and dine you all night. I will wine and dine you so hard that you might even wanna... ask me to take you home.

And then.

Oh thats when the magic begins.

Then, I will drop you off because you're tipsy and so I will take you to your home and go my own way and wait for your phone call.

BAM! You just got boyfriended. HARD!

PS. This hardcore boyfriending will involve me forgetting I even have a cellphone!

Damn, I'm straight and I think I just swooned a little!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    "Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with my rack? Ermm.. the squat rack? I really, REALLY need a spotter, if ya know what I mean"
    For best results, do this while wearing yoga pants, are just a tiny teansy bit sweaty and you're breathing a little heavier than usual.
    You're welcome.

I think I need a cigarette
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    WTF do you NEED a boyfriend for? Men are too much drama and in my experience lately friggin scared of strong confident women. I hope you find a decent man if that's truly what you think will bring you happiness.
    [/quote

THIS^^^^ TOO MUCH DRAMA. FWB
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You a strong independent woman who don't need no man!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Go to a Rush Concert. Trust me, the place will be crawling with men and 90% of them will worship the ground you walk on and treat you like a princess.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    Dont listen to anybody and do what you want, if you want a Boyfriend then have one , Goodluck
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    To reiterate- I don't NEED a bf. Title was a direct response to the "looking for a gf" thread.

:-) You people are awesome none-the-less.

At this point I'm not sure about a boyfriend at all, but I would like to get back into dating. Working my way into meeting more appropriate guys.. (< the serious part of the OP). :-)
  • TxPinUpGirl
    Options
    When I was younger I met wonderful people at air shows, auto shows, and I joined groups like the American Red Cross and the USO! You might even hit Home Depot or if all else fails there's always a bar! :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Go to a Rush Concert. Trust me, the place will be crawling with men and 90% of them will worship the ground you walk on and treat you like a princess.

I like Rush! I should try this...their music is pretty cerebral, might pick me up a cute music nerd :blushing: