Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Been friends with beer all week. Guess I didn't get out of "vacation mode."

Oh well, Monday will be here soon.

it must have been a nice week. You can always try to be good next week. Enjoy your weekend and get ready for a triumph next week.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Here I sit posting on a late Friday night...worked from 3 to 11 and then took on-call for the 11 to 7 shift...can't have a tipsy nurse...so, here I sit broken hearted longing for a cold frosty Samuel Adams....:cry::brokenheart:

Cheers to all who made it thru the week...I had one binge night on Wednesday...don't remember how many; but, it was a lot
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Didn't drink last night. I did my week 1 of couch to 5k this morning. I still have a brand spanking new bottle of vodka sitting in the freezer, it has been there all week. Oh the temptation!!!
  • rjadams
    I didn't touch the bottle of white I had chilling in the fridge yesterday.

I felt more like a red so I had a Shiraz instead :laugh:
    I also had a couple of Diet coke and vodkas it was a good night and I had my .6 pound dehydration loss this morning:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I hope you all have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Bottle of rosé opened and going down all too well...... I do NOT like the sound of your pools! YIKES!!!!!! i aint coming to the US of A ever......... here in France they are CLEAN!!!!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Bottle of Pinot Grigio open. I am going to be in the gym in 10 hours and last time I drank the night before the gym I swore not to do it again. Well I saw sense for a couple of weeks but this week I just don't care.
  • rjadams
    trying to decide if I should exercise for the calories to open the wine or just say f*** it and open the wine.
  • rjadams
    so I decided to exercise. Not quite enough burned to keep me from going over but at least I will feel a little less quilty:blushing:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    ugghh, that's the last time I drink wine late at night before I am at the gym the next day, well until next time I do it anyway :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    5 beers last night... uh 5 or 6... don't remember. Great time at a local celebration on Lake Michigan. Cold beer, good food, terrific company and great music! Beautiful scenery followed by a great fireworks show! Totally worth it, plus we walked for a good 3 1/2 hours which helped balance all the food! :tongue: Plus feel great today, I'm off to zumba!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Lots for me last night too. 900 calories worth! Luckily I had planned for it and did 1036 calories worth in the gym, so I still came out 190 ahead !
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Yummy bottle of chianti for me...now I have to hold off until Thursday for taste of twin cities
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    What else can you do when camping/hiking in 100+ heat except drink ice cold beer????? But does the scale have to punish me afterwards???? So not right!!!!!
  • Right, I have not smoked for nearly 2 months. I have a 1,200 calorie daily intake. I am not a chocaholic, there is not that much that I miss and I am running my *kitten* off at the gym 3 times a week and trying to do yoga. Question 1. how come i am not madonna or gwynnies, Question 2. please do not take my last pleasure from me....white wine a couple of times a week. it is truly my last vice and at that I don;t abuse it that often (oh say twice a week when I hammer the crap out of it) so do you all think I can have a little drinkie poos and not turn into Jabba the Hut?! I am cannot ignore the numbers but on a balance of things surely its ok now and again. Huh!?:drinker:
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    I just finished reading a diet book that actually said you should have 1 four ounze drink of wine per day for health benefits. Who can stop at just one though. And 4 ounces is only about half a glass. I was bad yesterday and the scales show it today. New determination today to be good all wook. Hurry up Friday!!!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    I like this group! I have quite smoking for 8 months now, eating healthy, cut out fast food, totally revamped my lifestyle when it comes to exercise, BUT I just can't shake my alcohol. I usually drink at least a glass of wine per day. Right now I am trying to stick to days I am off work or when I actually have something to celebrate (not just the end of the work day. :laugh: ). Why must wine be so delicious??
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    I drank this weekend but I did do exercise to counteract it. ;-) Tonight I am back on my treadmill again....I can do this!
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    1 bottle of rioja plus an extra glass. Bad bad me. However, will now not drink again for an eternity as I can't even say the w*** word without feeling ill.
  • rjadams
    Well I made it thru Sunday. on to Monday and then Friday is just around the corner.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Just one Bud Light on Saturday night. This whole I'm-completely-broke-and-have-no-money thing is really helping with my alcohol consumption. :ohwell:
This discussion has been closed.