SPOUSE/PARTNER HONEST FEELINGS

Options

Replies

• AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care about what he thinks about it. He can either join me, or continue to sit on the couch.

I'll join you ; )
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options
    he's very supportive. And I adore him for it. He knows that's my little escape & that it makes me feel great.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Sorry your SO is not supportive.

Mine loves it. I catch him checking me out constantly now. He loves me no matter my size, but I can tell he is a lot more attracted to me now - maybe its just because I am starting to love getting dressed again, and starting to like the way I look? idk, but he is very supportive - he will pick up food that I like that are good for me, will make sure to leave at the store foods we both like that are not good for me and that he knows I will eat whole bags of if they are around, has gone running with me, etc. I am lucky to have him.
  • calhooner
    Options
    It's absolutely been a journey together. For my 20+ lbs, she's lost almost 60. We've gone from walking/elliptical 6 months ago to running a 10K. When we were 40, we would have wondered what you were smoking had you told us this would be our fitness level at 48.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My hubby is super supportive. I try to make sure my exercising doesn't cut in to family time too often. (Long runs usually have to be during weekend family time.) And, I return the favor by being super excited about the things he enjoys. . .like his homebrewing craft beers! We're all about encouraging each other.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in a powerlifting gym when I was 17 , I got lucky with that, he loves that I am in shape and that we both are in this together.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    he's not thrilled w/the amount of time i spend working out....but he's as thrilled as I am with the way I look and feel now!! .... and the added benefit that I actually want him to see me naked doesn't hurt either :blushing: :smokin:
  • musicmeasuresup
    Options
    Man I hate to hear that he should support you girl. HOWEVER, use what ever It takes and shake it girl!! Sounds like you got this in the bag. Send them clothes away. :) Let him bite his tongue he might just bite it all the way off when you hit your goal weight and start saying I knew you could do it all along lolol. Keep up the good work :)
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you AprilVerhagen! Instead of letting his feelings and your busy life get you down, you found a way to turn it into a positive. Going to the gym at lunch is an excellent solution.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Dunno? He doesn't really say too much. My hubby is a man of very few complimentary words. Oh well...what can u do?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive, but it wasn't always like that. First he didn't believe I would follow through with it, then after the first 20 lbs he started with the whole "What you're going to get all hot and leave me?" remarks, then by 50 lbs, he started the whole "Are you seeing someone else?" Now he is at a point where he knows better and is 100% behind me. At the smallest I've ever been besides birth and child hood lol.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My wife is not too supportive.... unless shecan turn the conversation back to her self...
  • musicmeasuresup
    Options
    Wow, perfect timing for this topic as I've had it on my mind this morning.
    I have embarked on many weight loss regimes in my 42-1/2 years. Some with great success only to fall apart after the fact.
    This is the first time that I have done a complete 360, walked away from Weight Watchers and started strength training. Never have I felt so strong, seen such dramatic results (inches not scale lol) and I plan on going all the way.
    So last night I was telling my daughter how I am going to get rid of all my clothes as I grow out of them (which is what's happening rapidly) I turned to look at my husband and I could literally see him biting his tongue. I knew with certainty that in his head he was saying, "yeah sure, just like every other time eh?". He would never say that to me, but I knew that was exactly what was going through his mind.
    I have decided that his doubt just makes me angry and sooooooooooo determined. I WILL succeed!!!! Without his even knowing, he is helping me lol.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    She's fine with it. We do lots of things together though so it's probably not a fair comparison. However, she DOES appreciate that I am in better shape and tells me all the time.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is frustrated with how much I talk about my fitness journey.

He's been very supportive about it, I just wish I could see the changes I am making have any effect on his willingness to jump in the sack. ;) Sadly, he seems preoccupied elsewhere. I guess it's a good thing I'm doing this for me and not him!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    It led to a break-up for me, but the fitness aspect wasn't the only factor, just the straw that broke the camel's back. I'd become increasingly disenchanted with him in general, as he really didn't do anything other than sit around. He never wanted to go out and do things and would complain if I went out, was always negative, and essentially had no friends other than mine, so as you can imagine living with him was a whirlwind of excitement and joy. When he started b****ing about how much time I spent working out, and began acting like a petulant child and storming off to sulk, that was it. I dumped his ***, and never looked back. And honestly, this whole thing got 1000x times easier now that I don't feel burdened by guilt or complaints.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    My husband loves it. We are both in this together. He very much enjoys the benefits that come with me getting fit and healthy.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    how does ur partner react .to ur fitness journey? Results?New look? Time spent at the gym... ?I can tell u mine is not real thrilled about it ,says I spend too much time at the gym and worrying about the way I look...:(
    Mine sees the positive that has come from this journey, not only in the way I look, but in the way it helps me to be a calmer, happier, healthier, more energetic wife and mama. He joins me when he can, because he wants all these things for himself as well. And he's supportive of me slipping away once a week to be thrown around and punched at by a bunch of tough guys because he'd like to see me get to the next level. :wink:
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    Lucky me. I do not have a partner at this time. I am not looking for one either. If it happens that I meet someone then it happens. I am perfectly fine on my own...well with my mother living with me. She is great, so it wouldn't be a problem if I met someone. Obviously, since I am on my own, I can workout anytime. I guess this subject really isn't for me. Except for my mother living with me. She is glad to see me working out and gradually loosing weight.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Dunno? He doesn't really say too much. My hubby is a man of very few complimentary words. Oh well...what can u do?

mine is also very limited with the words. i can tell he likes the changes. and a few times I've been lifting when he came home from
    work and he seemed to be in a better mood. even if he doesn't say so often, he wants me lifting. and getting healthier.