I have a huge pet peeve with unleashed animals

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    OP does NOT live in town. She lives in the country. Whole different set of rules here.

As a woman, if you see a bunch of "gang-type" guys down an alley way would you run down there or steer clear for your safety because you are scared? SAME thing. You are afraid of the big dogs and thats where they LIVE. Run elsewhere.

You missed where the OP posted her leash law ... which leaves you arguing from a position of ignorance
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You don't even know me. My dogs are in a fenced in yard when they are out. They don't run after others. OP stated that she is RUNNING IN THE COUNTRY. What is the problem with running up a different road. Don't deliberately put yourself into a potentially dangerous situation just so you can go and complain about it.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Wouldn't the simplest solution be for you to not run by their property and run somewhere else?

tensocat_zpsf907356e.gif

Take your logic and get out.

It might be simple but it's the wrong answer. You're just blaming the victim.

My apologies. I didn't get the memo that the world revolved around OP.... You're totally right! Chain those dogs! Hell, put them down for chasing someone who was running at their property that they might have perceived to be a threat to them and their owners.....

Excuse me but I am not running on THEIR property I am running in the street, a public street. The world does NOT revolve around YOU or your snowflake of an animal. it is YOUR responsibility to control your pet, not my responsibility to avoid running infront of your house so your dog doesnt attack me. and How the hell would i know you have a dog loose in your yard that will chase me into the street? Should we all stay in our homes so you dont have take the extra step of training your animal or putting it on a leash?
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Excuse me but I am not running on THEIR property I am running in the street, a public street. The world does NOT revolve around YOU or your snowflake of an animal. it is YOUR responsibility to control your pet, not my responsibility to avoid running infront of your house so your dog doesnt attack me. and How the hell would i know you have a dog loose in your yard that will chase me into the street? Should we all stay in our homes so you dont have take the extra step of training your animal or putting it on a leash?

I would assume that if you ran there every day and the same dog chased you that the conclusion would be that the dog probably will be there tomorrow. Run somewhere else.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You don't even know me. My dogs are in a fenced in yard when they are out. They don't run after others. OP stated that she is RUNNING IN THE COUNTRY. What is the problem with running up a different road. Don't deliberately put yourself into a potentially dangerous situation just so you can go and complain about it.

If she's not on their property the dogs can not bother her. What about that don't you get?

Instead of blaming her how about the people CAUSING the potentially dangerous situation?

You're wrong and have no position to defend yourself. Not legally or as a pet owner. You should stop.
  • sullus
    Options

I would assume that if you ran there every day and the same dog chased you that the conclusion would be that the dog probably will be there tomorrow. Run somewhere else.

so clearly, you ARE the type of person that would tell a rape victim it was her fault. that much we DO know about you.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Say what now? My kids have airsoft guns, and even with the heavy pellets, they don't do any damage. I don't recommend carrying an airsoft pistol to use against a dog because if the dog's over about 10 lbs, it will be completely ineffective.

Airsoft gun

35827v4.jpg

Airsoft gun

aut7c.jpg

Airsoft gun

wpaip.jpg

And furthermore, airsoft gun.

wmjzgg.jpg

You were saying?
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    OP does NOT live in town. She lives in the country. Whole different set of rules here.

As a woman, if you see a bunch of "gang-type" guys down an alley way would you run down there or steer clear for your safety because you are scared? SAME thing. You are afraid of the big dogs and thats where they LIVE. Run elsewhere.

Wow....gang type guys.... there must be a whole set of different rules there.... Is banjo music a requirement there?? :noway:
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The issue isn't with leashes, it is with manners and training. My dogs are almost always off leash, and they are better behaved than most confined animals.

Though I must say you sound a bit like the city folk who move up here and then complain about the smells, noises and bugs associated with living in the country and around livestock. Perhaps you would be happier in the city?

Maybe you "know" your dogs are safe, but the poor sap the dog is charging and barking at certainly don't. I live by an immensely popular area for hiking, running, and walking, and when you see a pit bull racing toward you barking and the owner smiling saying "he won't bite"--I don't want to hit the dog--I want to punch the owner. And it's a public park with signs about having your dogs on leashes. Some people just never think rules apply to them.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I go on walks with my dog daily and there is always this one dog that runs after us into the street. The owner just stares at us. I can undrstand if by accident (and this happens often) the dog gets out by chance but this is often occurance. I think it is ignorant to suggest not walking by that house then. The owner should have control of their dog and if one day that dog did bite at my dog or myself I would absolutly call the police on them!!

With that said, I let my dog off leash in the front yard and she is trained... She does NOT chase after people when they walk by, run etc.. and I think that is perfectly fine!
    Be a responsible dog owner people!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have people like you where I live hahah I have my2 big dogs and let them off on our dog walk area and al the runners have something to say or pull a face .... It's a dog walking area you can run anywhere stop friggin crying and run somewhere Else simple! My baby's need exercise an there more important than you sorry :) there off a leash because there safe . If they bite then you have a case but your just being a grump I'm afraid :)
  • sullus
    Options
    Say what now? My kids have airsoft guns, and even with the heavy pellets, they don't do any damage. I don't recommend carrying an airsoft pistol to use against a dog because if the dog's over about 10 lbs, it will be completely ineffective.

Airsoft gun

35827v4.jpg

Airsoft gun

aut7c.jpg

Airsoft gun

wpaip.jpg

wmjzgg.jpg

You were saying?

I question if those are airsoft. Can you tell me the projectile velocity and weight that caused those holes? Because I've been shot by a rifle with a 430 fps muzzle velocity and a .3g round from about 5 feet away. Sure it stung, but damage? none.

Are you sure - we're talking about the toy guns that shoot plastic bbs here ...
  • jcvigi
    jcvigi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I keep my dog off leash, I don't care if you don't like it. I would also have been more worried about the goats, they're shifty, I don't trust em!

And if your dog charges or chases me and my dogs, I will shoot it. I don't care if you don't like it.

While play with my dogs in my front yard, I had an unleashed Rottweiler attack and seriously injure my Border Collie and Australian Shepard. It took a whole clip to put it down, but I did. Next time, I won't wait to find out if a dog is friendly or not. Charge or chase us, get shot.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    I have people like you where I live hahah I have my2 big dogs and let them off on our dog walk area and al the runners have something to say or pull a face .... It's a dog walking area you can run anywhere stop friggin crying and run somewhere Else simple! My baby's need exercise an there more important than you sorry :) there off a leash because there safe . If they bite then you have a case but your just being a grump I'm afraid :)

Is this real life?
  • HotMummyMission
    Options

Is this real life?

Sure is ;)
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

Is this real life?

Sure is ;)

I wasn't really sure because my third grader spells better than you do. She also understands people have responsibilities and owning a pet is a huge one.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Airsoft gun

35827v4.jpg

Airsoft gun

aut7c.jpg

Airsoft gun

wpaip.jpg

wmjzgg.jpg

You were saying?

I question if those are airsoft. Can you tell me the projectile velocity and weight that caused those holes? Because I've been shot by a rifle with a 430 fps muzzle velocity and a .3g round from about 5 feet away. Sure it stung, but damage? none.

Are you sure - we're talking about the toy guns that shoot plastic bbs here ...

Yes ma'm they are. I have also seen first hand the damage they can do. I grew up in the country like the OP, and there were a few neighborhood kids that had small airsoft guns with plastic pellets. They and their parents thought they didn't do any damage so they were allowed to shoot at whatever they wanted. They took that to mean they could come into our yard at night and shoot our animals, one of which was a German shepherd, and they did the same damage as seen above to all of our animals that they got a hold of. Their lovely parents said that it wasn't their kids, there was no way that their pellets did that, but we found lots of little bright green plastic pellets in our yard, which are the ones they use. I'm sure there are times where it won't do any damage, but I've seen first hand that they can in fact, hurt.
  • HotMummyMission
    Options

Is this real life?

Sure is ;)

I wasn't really sure because my third grader spells better than you do.

Can you tell me what's misspelt my love
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to go for daily jogs, up to an hour per day, in my old neighborhood. I think in the 6 years I lived there, I may have encountered one loose dog, and the owner was fast on his pet's heels.

7 months ago I bought a beautiful house in a different neighborhood, different side of town. Actually a more prestigious and well-groomed area than the one I left. So I was very excited to get out and about and explore my new surroundings.

To my surprise, annoyance, and eventual rage, I have met with a minimum of two leash-free, roaming dogs per attempt. Never friendly, usually neutral at best, sometimes downright aggressive. Mind you, I tend to walk or jog on the side of the road, versus the sidewalk. I tend to have my earbuds in, and like to zone out and get into my own groove. I present no threat to these creatures.

I made the mistake twice of attempting to walk my daughter's dog, on a leash, in my new neighborhood. Never again. Having him with me made even more dogs come out, apparently of the woodwork, then ever. At this point I do not try to jog around my home, and I take the dog to a park if I want to walk him.

It infuriates me that I cannot engage in an activity I used to enjoy and now feel compelled to either work out inside my house, or go somewhere else. I know my city has leash laws but I also do not want to carry a cell phone and have to stop and call Animal Control every time I am harassed by an animal. I would spend more time talking on the phone than jogging, at this rate.
  • sullus
    Options

Is this real life?

Sure is ;)

I wasn't really sure because my third grader spells better than you do.

Can you tell me what's misspelt my love

*my two
    *all
    *babies
    *and
    *they're
    *they're
    *they're
    *you're

And Punctuation.