Do you like your height?

Options

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Kind of. When I was 13 I was told I was 5'8", but recently I measured and re- measured and I'm only 5'7". My children and husband are all taller than me, and my my BMI is higher :)
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yep. 5'4" is a good height for me since I'm used to it. :laugh:
    But seriously, I do. I was 5'3" until I was 19 and then magically grew almost a full inch (I claim 5'4" since I round up that last 1/4 inch.) The only bother is finding pants that aren't too long. That might have a lot to do with my sitting height, though. I'm always rolling up my jeans, even if they say "short."
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I like my height. I always thought I was 5' 2", but before I had my WLS surgery they measured me at 5' 2.5"--I grew a half inch! Or maybe their ruler was on the wall wrong :smile: . Either way I'm good. I have a step stool to reach the higher cabinets. I have no problem asking men to hand me things at the grocery store (this is so embarrassing for my 14 year old daughter). My daughter is taller than me & teases me but I like being short.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I don't like it. I want to wear heels but heels make me look gigantic! makes me feel manly :(
    OMG ! you have such a beautiful face i can only imagine how gorgeous you look. im only 5 '0" and sometimes i really despise it because i see tall women like you but i remember that i have my days when im rocking my 60 inches of hispanic woman. Embrace it girl!!!!!!!! and all you women.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and felt too tall when I was younger, but now I love it
    [/quote}

^^Exactly!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I wish I was a little bit taller. Wish I was a baller....

I'm 5'9" which makes me kind of tall for a woman but not really. I wanna be like 6ft tall.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    I love it. I'm 5'0. I can stand up under the overhead bins on airplanes. I can ask hot dudes to reach things for me on the top shelf at the grocery store and keep it legit. I can wear awesome shoes and still be shorter than pretty much every guy I know. Really the only thing that sucks about it is that I might as well add $40 to the cost of every dress I buy because they will invariably need alterations.
    im 5"0" to . help from cuties is definitly a plus. wish i were taller but i can definitly live with. sometime we can do things no one else can because we're short and versatile
  • CuteBikini
    Options
    Yeah I do.I'm 5'2 and I think it's great for me,not too short or too tall. (:
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 5'9" and I actually wouldn't mind being an inch taller.
  • cmart69
    cmart69 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and felt too tall when I was younger, but now I love it

^
    |
    |

This.

Though after four pregnancies, too much extra weight, and aging I'm only measuring 5' 8.5" and I'd like my extra 1/2 inch back TYVM!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and feel way too short. I wish I was closer to 5'6". My husband and his family are all tall, so I always feel really short around them. My kids are all taller than me, one got her father's height.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to be taller. I'm the shortest in my family by at least two inches ... and that includes my grandmas!

That said, I am 5'8.5 ... so I realize I'm not exactly short, but when three of your siblings are 6'+ it kinda sucks.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’9 and almost always in heels so I walk around 6’0 and proud of it! :smile:
  • Thewifesbigfatso
    Options
    I'm 6'5", finding appropriate seating is the biggest pain, literally. In high school i had to lift my desk and place it on my lap. I went to a concert months ago, and had to sit on the isle stairs.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Not especially. At a hair under 5' 7", I feel pretty short for a grown man. Besides, if I were a few inches taller, my BMI would be in line with a healthy weight! :tongue:
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wish I was little bit taller,
    I wish I was a baller
    I wish I had a girl who looked good
    I would call her
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
    and a '64 Impala
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" - on the shorter side for a guy. And I hate it. Though I'll admit I've got some issues with self-esteem that go beyond my (lack of) height.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" which I don't mine.... except when I'm standing next to my 5'5" tall husband!
  • fvshkatie
    fvshkatie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep, 5'9" and if anything I would like to be a couple inches taller. Then once I get rid of all the fat, I'll go buy myself some hooker heels, a short dress in a leopard print, get an 8 inch beehive hairdo and walk around like Elvira on drugs! :noway:
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Love being 5'8''!!! I hold my weight well. I'm tall enough without heels but can wear them and not feel like I'm completely towering over everyone :) I have 4 sisters who are all about 5'3'' so not sure where I came from, but I'm happy that I'm tall! If I could change my height, I wouldn't.