For everyone NOT losing or Stalling Out! READ THIS NOW!

Options

Replies

• gazzala85
    gazzala85 Posts: 19
    Options
    thankyou :)
  • JameyLindholm
    Options
    I am very frustrated, having been at this since December (after gaining 30 lbs between August and December????), and work out a LOT and track everything.... In the past week, I've GAINED 5 lbs back of the 9 I've lost in FOUR MONTHS!! I do almost all of what you mentioned in this post.

But I won't post a complaining thread.... SIGH... I hate them too.. But I really am at a loss. I've even stopped my headache meds and my birth control pills just thinking there HAD to be something else going on... :(
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I am very frustrated, having been at this since December (after gaining 30 lbs between August and December????), and work out a LOT and track everything.... In the past week, I've GAINED 5 lbs back of the 9 I've lost in FOUR MONTHS!! I do almost all of what you mentioned in this post.

But I won't post a complaining thread.... SIGH... I hate them too.. But I really am at a loss. I've even stopped my headache meds and my birth control pills just thinking there HAD to be something else going on... :(

I suggest you go see an endocrinologist.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    OP, please stop defending yourself to people who are nit-picking. You've helped and motivated. Well done. This journey is different for everyone, and everyone will do it the way it works for them. If they want to do it eating refined foods or low fat, so be it. They want to do it eating a candy bar, awesome. They want to do it eating an apple and peanut butter, rock on.

I agree with the "tricking your body" statement. I lost 100lbs 10 years ago on WW, and at every plateau. I "varied" my daily calorie intake. WW members call it the Wendie Plan. Worked every time.

You don't have to be perfect to lose the weight. Although a lot of people think you do, and one slip-up can derail. I read many posts in response to this where you turned someone around and gave them the kick in the pants they needed.

I'd say mission accomplished.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!

But, you clearly haven't had any results with which to base your advice on. Like my own advice, it should be summarily ignored and everyone should skip to the next poster recommending you eat too little, follow fad diets, run or walk (we all know cardio targets fat stores), or otherwise engage in the typical lunacy supported by the health and fitness industry lol.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!

But, you clearly haven't had any results with which to base your advice on. Like my own advice, it should be summarily ignored and everyone should skip to the next poster recommending you eat too little, follow fad diets, run or walk (we all know cardio targets fat stores), or otherwise engage in the typical lunacy supported by the health and fitness industry lol.

Oh Cris, you forgot how we should all hold hands and sing kumbahyah all the time because this is ALL about positivity!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Excellent post!

Oh Cris, you forgot how we should all hold hands and sing kumbahyah all the time because this is ALL about positivity!

Right? God forbid we engage in any level of sarcasm. Also...personal accountability, forget it. TOTALLY unnecessary for weight loss.

Follow the above advice and you'll melt those pounds right off!

And OP?? Again...solid post :).
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ironic that this is ONE MORE post about something that has already been said 100 times before in other posts, especially since this poster says "READ ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS!"
    True, BUT there even more posts from people who apparently haven't read this! This sister's got it all right - listen to her!
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I read this whole post and you, OP do come off as very rude and bossy. Sorry but who do you think you are to be telling people what to do. I see it irritates you and all when others post about not losing and all that crap but maybe you should just not pay attention to it. Honestly I would rather read a worrisome post about a plateau than what I just read here. Just goes to show how many people in this community are flat out rude and high and mighty. People worry and post things..if that's their thing then so be it. I admit I posted a couple threads with my concerns. .not plateau related by the way..and maybe it might have annoyed some but oh f***ing well. That is all I am going to say. Have a nice day.
    WHAT?! OP, pls ignore this. You've got the vote of all the healthy people - physically and mentally!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I read this whole post and you, OP do come off as very rude and bossy. Sorry but who do you think you are to be telling people what to do. I see it irritates you and all when others post about not losing and all that crap but maybe you should just not pay attention to it. Honestly I would rather read a worrisome post about a plateau than what I just read here. Just goes to show how many people in this community are flat out rude and high and mighty. People worry and post things..if that's their thing then so be it. I admit I posted a couple threads with my concerns. .not plateau related by the way..and maybe it might have annoyed some but oh f***ing well. That is all I am going to say. Have a nice day.
    WHAT?! OP, pls ignore this. You've got the vote of all the healthy people - physically and mentally!

Thank you so much for your support!!! :bigsmile:
  • mmcyen04
    mmcyen04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    exactly what i needed to read/hear today. thank you.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I am going to incorporate more weight training into my workouts. I know it makes a huge difference.
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options

THIS

I think we tend to forget that although many of us are now schooled in how to calculate things and diet, this is a SUPPORT forum which means many new members join daily and do not know the ins and outs that we do - so what seems repetitive to us, is new to them and they are seeking advice and patience. I think if it seems repetitive and annoying to someone reading it, then move on and don't comment - but why discourage the people truly seeking help and answers and mainly our support - it just comes across as rude and people will end up leaving thinking they cannot get help here..........just my two cents..............

Very well said. I agree 100%!!! I come here for positive, encouraging help, not to be treated like an idiot or made to feel like I don't deserve to be here because I might post something that people have read before! Either take a minute of your time to kindly answer my question, or leave no response at all. Don't act like you are better or more deserving because you have been here longer and understand all the ins and outs of posting and have the time to read hundreds of posts to find the one that will help you!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

THIS

I think we tend to forget that although many of us are now schooled in how to calculate things and diet, this is a SUPPORT forum which means many new members join daily and do not know the ins and outs that we do - so what seems repetitive to us, is new to them and they are seeking advice and patience. I think if it seems repetitive and annoying to someone reading it, then move on and don't comment - but why discourage the people truly seeking help and answers and mainly our support - it just comes across as rude and people will end up leaving thinking they cannot get help here..........just my two cents..............

Very well said. I agree 100%!!! I come here for positive, encouraging help, not to be treated like an idiot or made to feel like I don't deserve to be here because I might post something that people have read before! Either take a minute of your time to kindly answer my question, or leave no response at all. Don't act like you are better or more deserving because you have been here longer and understand all the ins and outs of posting and have the time to read hundreds of posts to find the one that will help you!

Actually I have not been here that long, and in no way was anything that I said discouraging. I am sorry if you took it that way, I was just saying what I thought people should know. If you don't like the WAY that I said it, then so be it, it was still said.
  • Greenlola
    Greenlola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flynnegan
    flynnegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you!! This is exactly what i needed to read. I am 13 lbs from goal weigh and ive been stuck here, eating 1300 cals or less a day and burning 4 or 500 a day Running and JMBR. I get so frustrated and throw in the towel for a week or so, eat rings around myself go up 2 lbs and then start again and loose the 2lbs!! I recently upped my cals but im half sicky at the moment so not logging! I will try the uppe cals on monday-i ordered heavier weights and will keep up my running! I will come back in a month if im still stuck :)
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ironic that this is ONE MORE post about something that has already been said 100 times before in other posts, especially since this poster says "READ ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS!"

^^ haha true xx
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    well said :)
  • crisanderson27
    Options

THIS

Actually I have not been here that long, and in no way was anything that I said discouraging. I am sorry if you took it that way, I was just saying what I thought people should know. If you don't like the WAY that I said it, then so be it, it was still said.

There will always be people who hate hearing the truth unless you sugar coat it to the point where its no longer is even recognizable.

Ignore them...your post was solid.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should be a little kinder if you are trying to be helpful. Or if you don't have anything nice to say - keep quiet!

In...

...because ^this wasn't very "nice" at all.