At your heaviest, what was your eating like?

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    For me, I was skipping meals, getting way too hungry then storing whatever I did eat.
    I was also cutting out food groups, like whole grains bc so many ppl have found success doing that I thought I would too. But for some reason, w out a little bit of grains in my life I never got satiated. So Id rock an entire porterhouse & wonder why I wasnt losing. Once I started reincorporating whole grains my daily calorie count naturally went way down bc I stay fuller longer & require less food. I guess different bodies react differently.

For me, it was pretty much the same as it is now (a mix of good whole food and crap junk food), except I made higher calorie choices in general...or just ate a flat crapton of whatever it was I was eating.

I skipped meals (still do).
    Ate lots of chicken (still do).
    Ate lots of fast food (still do).

The only major difference beyond portion control (I still eat 3000cal/day or so, for the record) was that I didn't lift heavy.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Disgusting...it incrementally spiraled out of control and it can be characterized by what we call in the industry that I work..."normalization of deviance" :embarassed:
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was on a see food diet, I saw it and I ate it. Whatever I happened to crave at that moment, and A LOT of it.
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would eat whenever I had a free moment!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    At 215 pounds, I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and how ever much I wanted. I will ALWAYS tend that way. That is why I log everyday and I log EVERYTHING!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i ate like a cow...a whole personal pizza and breadsticks for dinner, or lunch.

2 bowls of cereal.

it was not a pretty sight.
  • LizHunnicutt
    Options
    Cutting out carbs and grains actually isn't very healthy. It's a great way to 'drop weight' if you're a huge carb eater, but for the general population, it's a short lived fix. Like so many people that "go on" diets, not realizing a diet is what you eat, not something you're on. And adjusting it means long term, initially for weight loss, and then for maintenance when you reach your goal. I was like you, eating a couple times a day, and eating big, then my body would store that not knowing when it's next meal would come. The nutrtiionist told me to eat a minumum of five times a day, and that's hard to do! Now I keep baby carrots at work cause I can pick at those and type on the key board, the body gets and stays full and it's a healthy snack. That's helped me lose considerable weight, by not being revenous for lunch or dinner it cuts back my portions to a healthy size. At my heaviest I wasn't eating horribly, I was just eating wrong. Your grains are really important thought! Whole grains are better, but no carbs means no simple sugars, no simple sugars means no energy, no energy means you eat and are sedintary, not a good combination. I've found it's all about moderation, and learning the the cheetos on the counter are NOT really calling me, it just feels that way sometimes :D
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was only eating about 800-1,000 calories a day. I'm glad I stopped listening to my doctor & took matters into my own hands & GOT HEALTHY! And off all those crappy meds they were trying to shove down my throat.
  • jenlucas1981
    jenlucas1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i would eat whatever i could get my hands on..
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Delivery?Great. Drive though?Awesome. Sugar?Woo hoo! Salty?Even better.
    Good times.

Thinking back at how I used to eat idk how I wasn't bigger.
  • sarathrasher12
    Options
    Fast food or restaurants or both on a DAILY BASIS! King size snickers! Piles of Chips and queso! I could eat a whole large pizza. I would eat a half gallon of bluebell moolennium crunch in 2 days, but I could have done it in one. I bought ice cream at least once a week. Oddly enough, I never drank regular cokes, always diet, unsweet tea or I would use splenda. I used to be 260. I decided one day to actually do something instead of just talk about it. I got down to 180. Met my husband, had a baby, now I am at 215 and back at it. No games! This weight is coming off! I only wish I had a picture of myself at my biggest for motivation. I imagine I was eating at least 3000 calories a day. I bet I would be at least 350 by now if I hadn't made a change.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I ate ALL the time...especially fried foods. And I was a huge glutton for Hardee's breakfast sandwiches...they're divine. And I also drank a lot. Once I cut those things out and started exercising, the weight dropped like magic!!!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Breakfast would be from Tim Horton's, a toasted cheddar bagel with butter, a sour cream glazed donut and an iced coffee with cream and (lmao) splenda. Yes I was one of those people who justified her fast food with diet drinks. *FACE PALM* Lunch would either be skipped due to my guilt from breakfast, or would be something I considered sensible, like a lean pocket lol. Dinner was either pizzeria food (pizza, wings, subs, pasta dishes, fries), occasionally fast food but we've really grown out of that, or something I made. The dinners I cooked are still what I like to make now they have just been carefully modified and I have smaller portions. Our downfall since I got pregnant has been sweets. Either dairy queen 2-3 times a week (a 760 calorie Reese blizzard) or I'd go to the grocery store and buy a plethora of treats for us to binge on for 2-3 days. Think family sized bags of Reese cups, 24 packs of soft cookies from the bakery, ice cream, and anything with frosting. This was only 7 weeks ago so it is very fresh in my mind yet extremely embarrassing to admit and think about! Thank god my daughter is still young enough that she never picked up on those habits and hopefully never will! I will never deprive myself completely because I simply do not want to be miserable, but moderation is key! Once a month I'll allow a sinful dinner and dessert :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I grazed all day....not due to hunger but boredom.

Forget about portion sizes, a few bowls of cereal not 3/4 cup,I'd eat pb&J on toast in between meals, I might scarf half a bag of Cheetos (not the 1 oz serving size), I could down a row of cookies during the day, snacks or even dinner could be a pint of Ben & Jerrys. Pizza was not a slice, closer to 3 or 4 if I got thin crust. Eating out was fish & chips or bbq riblets or a burger on bun w/fries.

I still eat fast food but make better choices and plan for it ....am sure what I was eating in my past life was over 3K cals and GOK how many carbs....compared to the 1250 cals/141 carbs I'm consuming now. (fish & chips, riblets or that burger are all over my daily total now, sigh).

I will have to plan & log for the rest of my life.
  • needtobefitt
    Options
    i mean i only lost a little so far, but still...
    i missed out on all the junk food! ahah i hardly ate junk food, but i would eat huge amounts of regular food without even realizing how much ive ate. I would get home exhausted and just eat and eat.
    i still tend to eat a little more when i come home, but now that i track my calories i keep my eating under control .
    ive only been dieting for a month so far, but i already notice a difference in my eating patterns :)
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Mine was a 2nd big dinner every night. The 2nd one right beofre bed, usually either being a baked potaoe loaded with everything, and lots of it at that. Or a mosnter bowl of pasta with a ton of cheese added.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I would eat (or drink) whatever I wanted. I ate a lot of healthy foods, but I ate a lot of pasta and stuff too. At my very very heaviest I was eating at a fast food place daily and I drank soda and ate candy. I do not even like candy (other than small amounts of extremely dark chocolate preferably with espresso beans involved) or soda. (still am not a fan unless its a real sugar ginger beer and even then it has to be a serious hankering)
  • sarathrasher12
    Options
    I always ask myself when on the verge of eating something terrible, do I like (insert food) more than I like losing weight?) Always no.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Never ate breakfast - Always fast food for lunch with a soda - 2 candy bars and a soda for snack - Dinner would be either out to eat and eating all the bread they would bring to the table or cooking at home and it would be pasta or deep fried. Then a soda and some more candy and half a bag of chips for another snack - I was eating due to boredom not hunger

I miss the candy sometimes, but everything else I'm not even interested in. Ate 2 biscuts on my splurge day and felt like I was gonna pop
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    I was in college. I had a mcgriddle (sometimes two) and a large iced coffee with cream... every morning. enough said.