Funniest/Most Useless weight loss myth you've heard

Options
1234568»

Replies

• TaySwiz
    TaySwiz Posts: 1
    Options
    I heard it was because after a certain time your metabolism slows down aha:tongue:
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    anything that comes out of Dr. Oz's mouth.

THIS.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My favourite was 'walking to and from work doesn't count as your body is used to it'.

Yes, that's right Weight Watchers, that 70 minute power walk doesn't burn any calories whatsoever. Rightio.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1OQX8ocLAToX98pztfDAU5X1DoCBJ-mV1y9kp_xB9kf3pkoNz

i wonder what his bf% is?

You know his abs aren't real, don't you?

He's involved in a company that will surgically insert 'abs' into your body.

http://famousplastic.net/2011/08/24/darryn-lyons-has-no-shame-over-bizarre-fake-abs/

Oh how we all laughed at him.

Actually no surgery involved. He wore the "Ab Hancer" LOL
  • Nambsalot
    Options
    On the crunches = flat stomach thing, I just want to put in my 2 cents.

Crunches are strength training, not cardio. You burn more calories with cardio than with strength training, which is why it's recommended for losing fat (ie, getting a flat stomach). Strength training is for building muscle. If you do a thousand crunches, but no cardio, you'll probably end up with sick abs hidden under a layer of fat. Now that's not to say it won't work for everyone, if the calories you're burning doing those crunches combined with the calories you burn throughout the rest of your day are still more than the calories you eat, then yes, you will burn fat. But just as a general rule, cardio will give you the weight loss results you are seeking, strength training will tone the muscles and make you more fit-looking.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I meant a giant pot full of dirt when I said planter. When I filled it up it took a bag and a half of topsoil. Each bag is 40lbs, so thats 60lbs of dirt and then the weight of the actual pot too. No idea what the pot weighs.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    SENSA lol