HCG progress and updates - for people on it or thinking abou

Options

Replies

• Karyn1964
    Karyn1964 Posts: 14
    Options
    The HCG Diet Overview of
    Phase two.......this does not include the phase 3 when you are doing maintenance

The back of MY bottle says 6 drops 6 times a day,so you need to follow the directions on the bottle as you might have a different manufacturer.

Breakfast:

•Black Coffee or
    •Green Tea or
    •Yerba Mate Tea or
    •Wu Long Tea or
    •Chamomile Tea
    You may have as much as you desire.

Lunch:

1. 100 grams (weighed raw) of grilled (no oil or fat) one of the meat choices below:

•beef – This is not an ideal choice of protein. If you do have beef, limit it to a lean cut like Round Roast or London Broil and only have beef 2-3 times per week.
    •veal
    •fresh white fish (should not be frozen) – Ayr, Cat Fish, Cod, Coley, Dover Sole, Flounder, Flying Fish, Haddock, Hake, Halibut, Hoki, John Dory, Kalabasu, Lemon Sole, Ling, Monk Fish, Parrot Fish, Plaice, Pollack, Pomfret, Red & Grey Mullet, Red Fish, Red Snapper, Rock Salmon/Dogfish, Rohu, Sea Bass, Sea Bream, Shark, Skate, Tilapia, Turbot, and Whiting. ** The best place to buy FRESH fish would be a local health food store if you live in a land-locked state.
    •chicken breast
    •shell fish (shrimp, crab, prawn, lobster, etc)
    •Very occasionally we allow egg – boiled, poached or raw – to people who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole.
    **(Per Pounds and Inches, American beef has almost double the caloric value of South Italian beef, which is not marbled with fat. The marbling is impossible to remove. In America, therefore, low-grade veal should be used for one meal and fish (excluding all those species such as herring, mackerel, tuna, salmon, eel, etc., which have a high fat content, and all dried smoked or pickled fish), chicken breast, lobster, crawfish, prawns, shrimps, crabmeat or kidneys for the other meal.)

2. One large handful of one of the following vegetables:

•spinach
    •chard
    •chicory
    •beet greens
    •lettuce of any kind
    •tomatoes
    •celery
    •fennel
    •white, yellow or red onions
    •red radishes
    •cucumbers
    •asparagus
    •cabbage
    These can be eaten raw, steamed, grilled or boiled. Do not mix vegetables in the same meal.

3. One of the following fruits:

•1 apple
    •1 orange
    •1/2 grapefruit
    •1 handful of strawberries
    4. One grissini breadstick or one melba toast.

Dinner:

The same 4 choices as for lunch.

Drinks Allowed:

Plain spring water, mineral water, tea, coffee, Zevia. You should drink at least 2 liters of these liquids per day. We actually recommend drinking 1/2 of your weight in ounces per day. For example, if you weigh 200lbs you’ll want to drink a min. of 100oz of water daily.
    ** Zevia is not on the original protocol. Use at your own risk.

Seasonings Allowed:

Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc. Watch for sugar in your spices!

Misc…

•You may eat the breadstick and fruit as a snack in between meals instead of with your meals if you choose.
    •No over the counter non-prescription drugs should be taken (with the exception of Aspirin). ** Consult your physician before discontinuing any medications, prescription or non-prescription.
    •No cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and facial powder should be used.
    •No creams, lotions or moisturizers that contain fat should be used. (Check the ingredient list. It is not safe to use if it contains “oil” or anything ending in “-ose”)
    •Those not uncommon patients who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish (page 31 in Pounds and Inches)
    •Massages are not recommended while on the HCG diet (page 42 in Pounds and Inches)
    It is encouraged, but not required to do the following:
  • Karyn1964
    Karyn1964 Posts: 14
    Options
    what site did you buy yours from?:happy:
  • jschmalzel
    Options
    I use Corn Huskers Lotion. It's totally oil free. I found it at Wal-Mart in the hand lotion aisle. It's great for dry skin.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi guys............I am getting in on this for a while. I have purchased my HHCG from the same site that FiveFatCats purchased hers from.

It shipped yesterday, so I am hoping to be starting my loading on Monday.

I have read pounds and inches already 3 times, so I think other than receiving my HCG and grocery shopping I am ready to go!!!

Let me see if I have this straight as far as the phases..........

Phase 1 is the loading
    Phase 2 is the actual dieting
    Phase 3 is maintaining in between rounds

Is all that correct?
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Hi guys............I am getting in on this for a while. I have purchased my HHCG from the same site that FiveFatCats purchased hers from.

It shipped yesterday, so I am hoping to be starting my loading on Monday.

I have read pounds and inches already 3 times, so I think other than receiving my HCG and grocery shopping I am ready to go!!!

Let me see if I have this straight as far as the phases..........

Phase 1 is the loading
    Phase 2 is the actual dieting
    Phase 3 is maintaining in between rounds

Is all that correct?
    Yes, but sure that you are taking HCG during Phases 1 & 2. Phase 3 starts 3 days after you stop taking your HCG.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Well, this is day 4 of VLCD and as of this morning I lost 2 more from yesterday and am down 6.5 lbs. from Monday!!:drinker: :drinker: My hunger issues were never that severe, and today they have lessened even more. It might be because I am dividing up my HCG into 3 doses, morning, midday, and before bed, instead of the morning and before bed schedule that I was on before.

I must confess to not being religious about my vegetables. I have had broccoli a couple of times, and last night, when I couldn't get any fresh asparagus-- $4.98 a lb. is too much for me:noway:--and there was none in the frozen food, I got some green beans instead. Yeah, I know, just like broccoli, they aren't on 'the list' either, but I lost two lbs. since yesterday, so if it isn't broke......tonight I have cabbage as my vegetable. With a little lemon, it should be pretty good.

I have used the occasional bite of veggie or fruit when needed to keep the hungries at bay, but even with that, I am staying between 500 and 600 calories, and it seems to be working.

Tomorrow's loss will allow me to adjust my ticker. Up to now, it has remained at the lowest weight I had achieved on MFP earlier this month. I had gone back up a couple of pounds, and then gained some on loading, so I just left it as it was until it can go in the right direction again.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Looks like my HCG will be delivered tomorrow morning so I will start the loading process tomorrow and saturday, then sunday begin the vlcd.

I have birthday cake from work to eat, so this is right on time!!! And I need to go get veggies I can have on the list. Looks like I am giving away my CSA share for the next few weeks except tomatos and cucumbers.
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some on line I hope it is the "real thing" I will get started on reading all of the blogs now!! Valerie:bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Welcome Valerie,

Be sure you read the information available on the net about how to do the protocol. The most common mistake people make is to do the loading and NOT start the HCG on the first day of loading. The result of that, according to what I have read, is that you are very hungry the first two days of the VLCD (very low calorie diet). Don't hesitate to ask questions, the person who started this thread is pretty knowledgeable about the HCG plan.

How much do you plan to lose?
  • fbledsoe
    fbledsoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of the VLCD and down 5 pounds from my preload weight. Finally below 180 which I've been trying to do for 4 months. WooHoo!!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Ok guys, my last question.............

Do you have to take the B12 with the HCG drops?
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Yes! Load, load! Don't skimp on it. I only loaded for a day and half and I had some trouble in the middle of the first week. On the plan that came with my drops, broccoli and cauliflower are allowed. I think it's because they have a similar profile to spinach? Don't really know.
    The most important thing you can do is go organic with your veggies. This will help you detox as well as burn fat. Also, trim every bit of fat from your meat. I made ground bison and I was amazed at the amount of fat I drained from it.
    Good luck everyone.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Ok, here I go!!! I just took my first dose of drops and heading to Hardees to get bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. Then mc donalds cheeseburgers for lunch and something gross for supper................fast food is the easiest way to load due to the grossness of the grease factor!!
  • mlowe
    mlowe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes definately use B12, it gives you energy!!!!
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Also, make sure you load with some good fats. I ate a lot of prosciutto - good omegas in there. Olive oil is also good - get your fill of it because you won't have any for at least 23 days. That was the hardest for me because I even cook my eggs in olive oil.
    If you have any Omega 3 oil, take a good amount also. I didn't carbo load and of course I'm really missing my pasta. Enjoy your load!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Thanks ladies................

I have been low carbing for so long that I don't miss much of anything. I am expecting IBS symptoms to return briefly until the grains from the bready stuff I am eating digests and gets out of system.

So glad I am starting this on my day off, worked out perfectly, which I didn't expect it to do.

Gotta go to the compounding pharmacy and get B12 then.................I thought the fat burning would give you energy like it does when you do a traditional low carb plan.

Looks like I will be chowing on radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers (those are my favorites on the list) and oranges and apples for the grab and go factor..............

This is a low calorie, low fat and low carb plan...............has me skeeered, LOL that I will be able to stick with it.

My fats of choice are butter and coconut oil and bacon grease.

I will do the plan and look forward to after the 30 days so I can eat as much fat as I want along with moderate protein and low carb - no sugar, no starch (the way I was eating until today, LOL)
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • ephay
    ephay Posts: 74
    Options
    Ok, so I know that during phase 3 (after shots, between rounds) that you avoid starches and sugars (is that redundant??) but I still have one question. I've scoured the manuscript & I can't find this. Does anyone know if during phase 3, is there is a caloric limit?

Not that I'm planning to hoark down (more than once, the 4th day after stopping shots!! :laugh: ) but I want to make sure I stay within any boundries that are set.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Ok, so I know that during phase 3 (after shots, between rounds) that you avoid starches and sugars (is that redundant??) but I still have one question. I've scoured the manuscript & I can't find this. Does anyone know if during phase 3, is there is a caloric limit?

Not that I'm planning to hoark down (more than once, the 4th day after stopping shots!! :laugh: ) but I want to make sure I stay within any boundries that are set.

From the posts on the low carb website I belong to, no one worries about calories, they said you will want to do nothing but eat clean after doing this, so the calorie count stays relatively low...............
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hey Lioness,

You mentioned getting B-12 at your compounding pharmacy..just want to let you know, sublingual B-12 tabs are readily available, Walgreens and Walmart have them, and if you want a liquid, that website you PM'd me sells a liquid version...just mentioning for your benefit and anyone else that is trying to save a buck.

Today I am down 1/2 a pound--probably shot myself in foot last night by eating some extra protein late in evening--was hungry for it but if it hadn't been in front of me, I could have resisted the urge to nibble. Anyway, carrying on today, so I am at 7 lbs. down and this is day 5. Got to move my ticker this morning, so that is always a good thing!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!