Options

Replies

• strawberrypie818
    Options
    Lipton ice tea black to go....only 5 cal and its so good♥♥♥♥♥
  • codere77
    codere77 Posts: 3
    Options
    I cut the pop, love tea But yes there is alot of sugar. So i bought the flavor packets to add in water bottles . I drink more water in a water bottle than a cup for some reason. I keep it out wear i see the packet ono the counter top , in my purse and at work.
  • monianderson
    Options
    i drink a ton of water with fruit in it. specifically lemon. and crystal light
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    I feel your pain; I can't give up sodas altogether. I've tried to cut them out before, I just keep giving in and buying the sugary crap and drinking 3 cans a day minimum. Tea is a no-go, I need it sweetened to the point where I might as well just have a soda. Coke Zero is my go-to, I try to limit myself to one a day. Not the best choice, but better than the ones I'd be making without it. Hopefully someday I'll be able to drop soda completely, but until now I have a decent substitute!

Other than that, I try to stick to water. Mio is a good option if you want flavored water that doesn't have a funky aftertaste like crystal light or store brand powders. The fruit punch is actually pretty nice.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water and black coffee or tea. I also drink diet coke, vodka, gin, red wine, and beer.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Tea!
    And hot chocolate, can't forget that :bigsmile:

Though I'm still struggling with this diet coke thing...:grumble:
  • maxineclark
    Options
    I love water with sliced cucumber, orange and lemon with lots of ice. It is tasty and it is diuretic and it tempers my hunger.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Diet coke, black coffee.
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Water! And sometimes smoothies. Occasionally cider/ wine/ or a beer. If you have to have soda, you should stay WAY clear of diet and look for a soda with cane sugar as opposed to high fructose corn syrup. HFCS not only is high in calories but it makes you HUNGRY, makes you crave more, AND causes weight gain. Never mind it causes cancer, ADHD, autism, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer! Yikes...
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Water! And sometimes smoothies. Occasionally cider/ wine/ or a beer. If you have to have soda, you should stay WAY clear of diet and look for a soda with cane sugar as opposed to high fructose corn syrup. HFCS not only is high in calories but it makes you HUNGRY, makes you crave more, AND causes weight gain. Never mind it causes cancer, ADHD, autism, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer! Yikes...

Why stay way clear of diet? It's been proven time and time again that the health risks that people associate with sweeteners are unfounded.

Personally, I consider sugar to be worse for my health than sweeteners.
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i love beer and drink i all the time !
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Why stay way clear of diet? It's been proven time and time again that the health risks that people associate with sweeteners are unfounded.

Personally, I consider sugar to be worse for my health than sweeteners.

It's also been proven time and time again that the health risks exist. Generally the risks are proven to be "unfounded" in studies funded by those who stand to benefit from the continued approval of artificial sweeteners.
    I personally prefer to eat food and drink beverages that don't contain man made chemicals.... Particularly those that break down into formaldehyde that will poison my system. I try to avoid consuming "artificial", non-nutritive, and "known to cause cancer".
  • gfiorine
    gfiorine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I recommend this as well!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, the occasional Coke Zero and a daily vat of red wine. :)
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    lots of water and occasionally skim milk
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bottled water, Earl Grey tea or Coffee white once a day.
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I find after a few days without sugary drinks you stop even wanting them and crave only water when you're thirsty. On the rare occasion I do crave something sweet I'll have water with a squeeze of lemon or crack open a coconut and drink the coconut water :)

Aside from that I probably drink too much coffee and EVERY type of tea (black, green, herbal)
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, tea with a bit of milk, sometimes I'll go a bit crazy and have some low sugar black current and apple squash in my water (UK product). If we go out I'll have soda water with lime or a small glass of red wine. That's about it.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Propel and Crystal Ice
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Apart from water I drink Coffee with skim milk, (herbal)Tea, Fanta zero and Wine