101 lbs Down & In Maintenance (w Pics)

Options
jinjin8
jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
I haven't been on here as much as usual since I am now in maintenance but thought I would post my story to date. I know I love reading other's stories and seeing their pics.

Here's a bit about me and my journey....

I'm 5'9 and quite large framed. I started at 277.2 pounds. My original goal was160-165 pounds but that was revised based on how my size/weight/health/fitness has aligned during my weight loss journey (and also on advice from my doctor).

I am 101 pounds down (which took around 16 months) and maintaining my own "happy and healthy" weight of 176 pounds. I am still noticing changes in my body composition but am currently at 27% body fat and measurements of 36, 29.5 and 41.5 (chest/waist/hips). I realise this may still seem "big" to some but it is the right size for me personally and have come to realise that's all that matters (and that I am in perfect health, which I am lucky enough to enjoy).

As I neared the end of my weight loss journey, I started to care less about the scale and more about my body fat and measurements. I do weigh occassionally (once a month) just to make sure I am on track but to be honest, I can feel it within myself and do think I will eventually give up on using the scale and rely solely on measurements. Thankfully, I have found maintenance (surprisingly) easy to date. I think this is because I have focused on real lifestyle changes in relation to my diet and fitness - that I am more than ready and happy to maintain forever.

Diet-wise, I tended to keep my calories on the higher side (averaging 2000 per day) while losing. I also focused (and continue to focus) on whole foods - plenty of fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy - trying to avoid or minimise processed food. I also tried (and continue to try) to truly listen to my body and what it needs to function at its prime - this definitely includes at least one meal out per week and a treat or two - it tends to fall into an 80/20 approach. I now generally maintain a calorie level of approximately 2300-2400 but don't count calories on a day to day basis - I instead check in every now and then just to confirm guestimations and listening to my body is keeping me on track).

Fitness-wise, while actively losing I worked out 4 to 6 times per week (generally 5) at the gym - performing a mix of HIIT/heavy weights with my personal trainer, spin classes, jogging, cross trainer and circuit training. As I have come to be more motivated by the mental and physical enjoyment I get from exercise (rather than weight loss) I now focus more so on outdoor running, bikram yoga (LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these) and just visit the gym once a week at most.

Anyway, sorry for the blather....on to the pics....

Starting out...

22jan20110352.jpg

487519_3525705227682_1644414802_n.jpg

Now...

picsmay13101_zpsbe0db44f.jpg

picsmay13103_zps376b1daf.jpg

Sorry for the midrift pics, I was so excited to spy my abs starting to come through after a yoga class :P

picsmay13086_zps5cbfbab6.jpg

picsmay13087_zpsef65872e.jpg

Replies

• drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow you look AMAZING!!!!
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look AMAZING! If anybody ever tries to tell you that you are big. I give you permission to slap them! Stunning darling! Way to go!!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You look just perfect x well done
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    amazing

we done girl, outstanding
  • Appleina316
    Appleina316 Posts: 16
    Options
    WOWEE and Congratulations. Truely inspiring and motivational story. Thank you for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely awesome!
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Amazing.....Thanks for posting!

Your an inspiration!
  • greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration ! you look great :)
  • CharMaroc
    CharMaroc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. So inspiring . You look amazing!
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration you are! I am also around your height and large framed so this gives me a lot of motivation!
  • kkshipley
    kkshipley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. You are a great motivation and inspiration for me.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress and very inspirational!
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow incredible job! You look amazing :flowerforyou:
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words all :)
  • jenniferwren
    jenniferwren Posts: 189
    Options
    :heart: utterly awesome, thank you for sharing :heart:
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to reach maintenance, well done with your journey you look great and have really made a huge transition.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You do look amazing!! And you look like you're in a very good place - keep it up and thanks for inspiring us all.
  • Noni2863
    Noni2863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Look at you!
    You are seriously gorgeous and an inspiration.
    Well done J.
    :flowerforyou:
  • rubyjuly21
    rubyjuly21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! You are a true inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • royallv
    royallv Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Such an inspiration! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!