HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    In! I just started, like thursday....so i will take some befores and hopefully my laters end up in here too :)
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I want to be an "after!"
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Still amazing. Even in the morning light.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    IN. You all inspire me.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wasn't 100% sure I had the motivation to go to the gym tonight... this thread made me go lift heavy things. RAWR!!!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Love this thread and heavy lifting. It pays off. All of you beautiful women are proof of that :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    IT ROLLLLLEEEDDDD. YAY!

Okay, I feel the need to clarify my OP. Had I done this sooner, a certain person's argument would have been even more invalid.

I lost weight via a calorie deficit. Duh. I never once claimed otherwise. What lifting heavy did was PRESERVE my LBM, and I even added a bit (strictly noob gains).

Also, the before picture I posted was taken several months prior to heavy lifting. I didn't have a comparable before photo that was taken in December to use, so I used one from September. To further clarify, my measurements and BF% in early December (when I started lifting) were very close to that of the original photo. I had lost *some* inches and BF prior to that, but it was only about 5 inches all over, and about 3-5% BF (I didn't measure my bodyfat pre lifting, so I'm using rough guesstimates from BF calculators based on my before measurements). The big difference was I was 15 lbs lighter in December than in my "before" picture, but I had lost some more LBM along with fat, so believe me when I say that before picture, even though it's 15 lbs heavier, is actually pretty accurate to how I looked prior.

So, I actually only lost 3 lbs in 5 months, but I dropped 3 sizes, and lost roughly 15 inches and 5-7% BF.

It dawned on me that I should have clarified my December measurements and weight, even though I didn't have a picture to put up, but by the time I realized it, it was too late to edit.

So hopefully this helps avoid any further confusion.

Keep those pictures comin', ladies!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    THIS ONE'S FOR LEA!!!!!!!!
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    IT ROLLLLLEEEDDDD. YAY!

Okay, I feel the need to clarify my OP. Had I done this sooner, a certain person's argument would have been even more invalid.

I lost weight via a calorie deficit. Duh. I never once claimed otherwise. What lifting heavy did was PRESERVE my LBM, and I even added a bit (strictly noob gains).

Also, the before picture I posted was taken several months prior to heavy lifting. I didn't have a comparable before photo that was taken in December to use, so I used one from September. To further clarify, my measurements and BF% in early December (when I started lifting) were very close to that of the original photo. I had lost *some* inches and BF prior to that, but it was only about 5 inches all over, and about 3-5% BF (I didn't measure my bodyfat pre lifting, so I'm using rough guesstimates from BF calculators based on my before measurements). The big difference was I was 15 lbs lighter in December than in my "before" picture, but I had lost some more LBM along with fat, so believe me when I say that before picture, even though it's 15 lbs heavier, is actually pretty accurate to how I looked prior.

So, I actually only lost 3 lbs in 5 months, but I dropped 3 sizes, and lost roughly 15 inches and 5-7% BF.

It dawned on me that I should have clarified my December measurements and weight, even though I didn't have a picture to put up, but by the time I realized it, it was too late to edit.

So hopefully this helps avoid any further confusion.

Keep those pictures comin', ladies!

EXPLAIN EVERY MINUTE DETAIL OF YOUR PROGRESS OR YOU ARE A FRAUD USING FAKE PICS!!!!!

:wink:

Love you, Bats. Keep inspiring people with your amazing success.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I don't have photos that I feel like sharing yet :blushing: 'cause I'm still pretty heavy. But I can say this. I've been lifting the whole time that I've been losing weight. I've lost a steady pound and a half per week since January 1 for a total of 26 pounds and my measurements have done this:

..................Start.......Now.....Change

Bust.............46.0......43.0........-3.0
    Waist...........38.5......34.75.......-3.75
    Hips.............51.5......47.5.........-4.0
    Thigh............29.0......27.5.........-1.5
    Body Fat %...52.0......44.0........-8.0%

The bodyfat calculators say that I have lost no lean mass and all fat. I don't kill myself with cardio. I work out 3-4 times a week for about an hour. I don't know, it could be just me, but it really seems like it's a lot easier to lose weight this way than what I see other people doing.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    blah
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Dizzle you are amazing...also if you open each image in a new tab for some reason you can see them!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lx44jhzH2L1qfeqoxo1_250.jpg

tumblr_lx9cgdl3tJ1r1wc0zo1_250.jpg

tumblr_lx8pslBRJH1qfg4g6o1_250.jpg

tumblr_luommd46zc1qkg8gzo1_250.jpg

Handstand.jpg

tumblr_lwtkoplCjq1r653yzo1_250.png

And if that didn't inspire you enough and you still think to yourself, "yeah but (insert excuse) and I'll start (insert amount of time) then this next one should help.

tumblr_lx8wy6qxPK1r8eb9ho1_250.jpg
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I rolled, it rolled!! Yay!
    Let's get back on track people. Threads like this make me wish i would've taken more (SFW) before pictures.

Before lifting(posting these scares the **** out of me, but here we go):
    1mkjQYnl.jpg
    77c564ad-6559-4c44-a8f1-370f107ff553_zps72e8b442.jpg

After(more like during) lifting:
    NROir0bl.jpg
    EWD5oIfl.jpg
    JHRMd04l.jpg

Edit: I apologize in advance for any eye damage my blindingly white back may cause you.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Dizzle you are amazing...also if you open each image in a new tab for some reason you can see them!

That is ridiculous - who has time for that?! GRRRRR STUPID PHOTOBUCKET IS STUPID!

Okay, *pouts* over. Thank you my beautiful Cranky girl.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Let's get back on track people. Threads like this make me wish i would've taken more (SFW) before pictures.

1mkjQYnl.jpg

NROir0bl.jpg
    EWD5oIfl.jpg
    JHRMd04l.jpg

Edit: I apologize in advance for any eye damage my blindingly white back may cause you.

Lord have mercy that *kitten*...sorry someone had to say it LOL
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options

1mkjQYnl.jpg

NROir0bl.jpg
    EWD5oIfl.jpg
    JHRMd04l.jpg

Also, YAY it rolled!!! Girl, you look amazing!!!! Also I have come to love my creamy white skin or that's what I'm telling myself anyway. And hopefully there will be less of (mine) soon :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this thread yesterday . . . oh, work got in the way. *kitten*.

I lost my first 30 pounds or so by eating at a deficit and doing cardio. I ran. A lot. I went from a size 18 to a size 14 in about 8 months.

I hurt my foot last summer and had to come up with something else to keep me from going crazy(ier). Some of my awesome guy friends (and ladies) here convinced me to start lifting heavy.

I don't eat at much of a deficit anymore, if at all. I've only lost about 5 additional pounds since I started lifting but I've gone from a size 14 (last summer) to a size 10.

Here's a before pic and a some pics I've taken over the last couple months.

text-small.jpg

992c1111-5a08-4308-8725-0e3d70935a90_zps1322311d.jpg

baa0dbc0-0b69-43a9-b07c-cac63b5cd2f8_zpse7868e27.jpg

8c5ac9f3-ed1b-45cd-943a-40dbfb9c9301_zps0f126c6b.jpg

I still have a long way to go. Hopefully one day I'll find my f#cking abs and I'll be able to post a pic of that :happy:

swoooonnnnnnnn!!!!!! love your pics heather!!! you always are pushing me to work harder.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this thread yesterday . . . oh, work got in the way. *kitten*.

I lost my first 30 pounds or so by eating at a deficit and doing cardio. I ran. A lot. I went from a size 18 to a size 14 in about 8 months.

I hurt my foot last summer and had to come up with something else to keep me from going crazy(ier). Some of my awesome guy friends (and ladies) here convinced me to start lifting heavy.

I don't eat at much of a deficit anymore, if at all. I've only lost about 5 additional pounds since I started lifting but I've gone from a size 14 (last summer) to a size 10.

Here's a before pic and a some pics I've taken over the last couple months.

text-small.jpg

992c1111-5a08-4308-8725-0e3d70935a90_zps1322311d.jpg

baa0dbc0-0b69-43a9-b07c-cac63b5cd2f8_zpse7868e27.jpg

8c5ac9f3-ed1b-45cd-943a-40dbfb9c9301_zps0f126c6b.jpg

I still have a long way to go. Hopefully one day I'll find my f#cking abs and I'll be able to post a pic of that :happy:

If that doesn't say it all...

Ladies, pick your jaws up off the floor, then pick up some weights. You won't be sorry.

And Crafty YOU are friggin' amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!