Worst diet advice!!!!!!

Options
Ok so I put this here as just starting out...all those "know it alls" come out of the wood work. Your co worker, neighbor or even friends suddenly become nutritionists with all the answers to your weight loss problems.

The worst advice I have received thus far (and I actually laughed right in the woman's face :/) was: " you want to lose weight, just eat the same meal every single day at the same time. Doesn't matter what it is, it just has to be the same food. It doesn't matter what you eat for the rest of the day...but make sure every single day you have that one meal at the same time"

ummmm ha??? ~So if i eat 2 big macks, 2 large fries and a nice chocolate shake every day at noon...I can lose weight?. And there are over weight people in the world because why? ~ SMH I am pretty sure I stopped listening to her ramble on about why it works as soon as I stopped laughing at her!

What's yours?

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Eat 500-800 calories a day, lean protein only. Get vitamin injections and take pills for energy.
    Oh, and this was a professional.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! (serious laughter out burst on this one!!)
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Eat 500-800 calories a day, lean protein only. Get vitamin injections and take pills for energy.
    Oh, and this was a professional.

Let me guess - the professional sold those vitamins or his / her spouse did!!! Eeek! :/
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The Hcg diet. I just cant abelieve anyone has done this. I worked with a group of girls who did this a few years ago. While they all did lose weight, ALL of them regained within a year, and some have had hair loss, skin issues, etc.
    Whoever thinks eating only 500cals a day from a list of 20 or so foods and injecting themselves with pregnancy hormone is a good way to live, I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell ya!
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is how the conversation went...

"Wow! How much weight have you lost?"
    "107 lbs"
    "That's amazing! You know if you REALLY want to lose weight, you should try this pill my aunt is on. It burns the fat off the food she eats."
    "......"
    "It looks pretty amazing, want me to get a few for you to try?"
    "...I think I'm ok..."
    "Ok! Your loss!"

I wonder how much weight I need to lose before I "REALLY" lose weight.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    eat pudding first then you'll digest your dinner faster ha
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eat practically nothing (maybe 500 cals a day) and take these pills/shots. They'll cause a whole bunch of bathroom issues, but don't worry about it. It's normal.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke, but eat in the bathtub. Due to the fact you're floating in the water (how deep is their tub?!) the calories don't settle. Or something like that.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Girl at work yesterday convinced another girl that drinking one glass of OJ everyday caused her to lose 2 pounds in a week. Didn't matter what else you do, just drink a glass of OJ and it will all come off.

I WISH!
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The Hcg diet. I just cant abelieve anyone has done this. I worked with a group of girls who did this a few years ago. While they all did lose weight, ALL of them regained within a year, and some have had hair loss, skin issues, etc.
    Whoever thinks eating only 500cals a day from a list of 20 or so foods and injecting themselves with pregnancy hormone is a good way to live, I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell ya!

THIS!!
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh, another favorite of mine is:

"Let us wrap your body with these herbs and you will lose 25 lbs in half an hour"
  • KatLifter
    Options
    FAT FLUSH RECIPE!!
    Make the Recipe in Water Bottles.......Place In the Refrigerator and Just Take 2 or 3 Out to take with you, if you know you won't be home for long periods of time!!!
    The longer it sits, the better it tastes. You can eat them as well but they are intended as flavoring and still work, so that is a personal choice. The Vitamin C turns fat into fuel, the tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, and the cucumber makes you feel full. Try it for 10 days and see what you think!

Ingredients per 8 oz serving

Water
    1 slice grapefruit
    1 tangerine
    ½ cucumber, sliced
    2 peppermint leaves
    Ice – as much as you like

Directions
    Wash grapefruit, tangerine cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients (fruits, vegetables, 8 oz water) into water bottles.
    Close Cap Tightly, Shake, Put In The Fridge Over Night, Take Out a Few Bottles for the Next Day & Enjoy!"

This has been floating around Facebook, I had to tell my friend this probably isn't legit.:noway:
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You'll never get to 6% bodyfat eating below BMR. :laugh:
  • chasetwins
    Options
    FAT FLUSH RECIPE!!
    Make the Recipe in Water Bottles.......Place In the Refrigerator and Just Take 2 or 3 Out to take with you, if you know you won't be home for long periods of time!!!
    The longer it sits, the better it tastes. You can eat them as well but they are intended as flavoring and still work, so that is a personal choice. The Vitamin C turns fat into fuel, the tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, and the cucumber makes you feel full. Try it for 10 days and see what you think!

Ingredients per 8 oz serving

Water
    1 slice grapefruit
    1 tangerine
    ½ cucumber, sliced
    2 peppermint leaves
    Ice – as much as you like

Directions
    Wash grapefruit, tangerine cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients (fruits, vegetables, 8 oz water) into water bottles.
    Close Cap Tightly, Shake, Put In The Fridge Over Night, Take Out a Few Bottles for the Next Day & Enjoy!"

This has been floating around Facebook, I had to tell my friend this probably isn't legit.:noway:

OMG I saw this one!!! It is all over Pintrest too!!
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Many years ago a "professional" told me to eat half a fresh lemon before every serving of meat. I have no idea why this was supposed to be helpful. I wondered aloud what the people who don't eat meat were supposed to do. That question was ignored.

I never followed this advice, but I'm pretty sure it would never have made any difference in my weight.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Eat 6 small meals a day. Horrible horrible advise for me. It might work for someone else. But, my 6 small meals quickly turned into 6 normal sized meals. I only stuck to that for a couple of months when I realized how much and how many times I was eating. I went down to 3 meals a day and I didn't lose weight, but I did get my weight stabilized. Until October last year, when I made some changes (eating more fiber, less cheese) and have been losing ever since.
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    how about the lemonade, cayenne pepper, maple syrup concoction! This will make you lose 10 pounds in 3 days...NOT
  • KatLifter
    Options
    how about the lemonade, cayenne pepper, maple syrup concoction! This will make you lose 10 pounds in 3 days...NOT

Haha I did this 5 years ago before my sister's wedding. It was terrible!!!!
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options

My house mate did this when he went on a detox. Didn't give up coffee or cigarettes while detoxing :huh:
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Someone told me: Eat for four days of the week and drink nothing but milk the other 3 ... :sick: