Worst diet advice!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Exercising before breakfast burns more fat. You have to eat breakfast. You should always skip breakfast. East Special K for breakfast.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Eat 6 small meals a day. Horrible horrible advise for me. It might work for someone else. But, my 6 small meals quickly turned into 6 normal sized meals. I only stuck to that for a couple of months when I realized how much and how many times I was eating. I went down to 3 meals a day and I didn't lose weight, but I did get my weight stabilized. Until October last year, when I made some changes (eating more fiber, less cheese) and have been losing ever since.

I do this, but for different reasons. It keeps my blood sugar level, which in turn prevents my horrible migraines.
    I just cook a full meal, then divide it into two. Eat one half and then eat the other half a couple of hours later.
    I call my meals breakfast, second breakfast (not brunch, I'm a hobbit, okay), lunch, second lunch, dinner, second dinner.
    And I still have space for snacks as well ;). Apparently my style of eating is called "grazing", but I don't want to be compared to a cow to be honest.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    Eat 6 small meals a day. Horrible horrible advise for me. It might work for someone else. But, my 6 small meals quickly turned into 6 normal sized meals. I only stuck to that for a couple of months when I realized how much and how many times I was eating. I went down to 3 meals a day and I didn't lose weight, but I did get my weight stabilized. Until October last year, when I made some changes (eating more fiber, less cheese) and have been losing ever since.
    This didn't work because you didn't eat 6 small meals, you ate 6 Regular ones. You didn't follow the advice.

thank you, you saved me the trouble of commenting on that. because...6 small meals does work...

although, now i just commented on this. thats okay i guess :laugh:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Eat 500-800 calories a day, lean protein only. Get vitamin injections and take pills for energy.
    Oh, and this was a professional.
    I got this same advice and laughed. Then I asked for my money back.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Coffee dehydrates you ..
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    the six small meals a day advice .
    So I should be preparing small meals all day and eat all day,thinking of even more food than all ready am and when do I do all the other things I should be doing in the day while I'm busy eating constantly .
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the *worst*, but it certainly gave me a laugh - A friend of mine was asking about my weight loss. At that point, I had lost about 80 lbs. She asked how I was doing it, and I told her that I was basically controlling my portion sizes, eating better food, and exercising. She goes, "Oh, I've heard of that. My sister did it." Like I had just described the newest fad diet. Then she says, "You should do the diet [husband] is doing! He doesn't eat any carbs." I couldn't believe it.

If the no carb thing is working for him, awesome. But I've obviously found something that works for me (and is also working better for me than his diet is working for him). I don't need to be sold on some wacky diet craze, thanks.

I can relate to this...Whenever I tell people I've lost 40 pounds from not dieting, but using portion control, adding some better foods and limiting some of the trigger foods I used to binge on, and exercising, I get the same reaction--shouldn't you always eat low-carb (no, not if I don't want to strangle people!)? Shouldn't you eat more red meat? (no, I like my chicken and the occasional hamburger or turkey recipe, but not every day)? Shouldn't you workout more (or less)? (no, I'm quite happy how I am doing right now. AUGHGHGHGHHG.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!

If only this were true! Can it be?? PLEASE??
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Maybe not weight loss, but general diet: I was once told that being a vegetarian makes me a Nazi sympathiser, because allegedly Hitler was a vegetarian. :noway:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My mom once told me to do a certain diet (won't name names) that was only 800 cals a day and basically consisted of dairy, bread and one normal meal. Apparently my uncle did that and lost a lot of weight. But now he's heavier than before, so no thanks.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    "If you hit a plateau just take a day and eat only 6 apples throughout the day. It'll break it for sure."

SIX apples? :noway: I think know how this works..because you'll be on the toilet all day getting rid of those excess calories?

Ick.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I'm not trying to knock anyone who is an IPC (independent product consultant) for any health company or anything...

My friend is really into Herbalife... I mean... REALLY into it. I almost avoid contact with her now because it's ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT and how easy it is to work from home so I could quit my job and live the good life while doing little to no work...

She told me if I did the 3 shakes for all 3 meals I would lose weight and I wouldn't have to take my fibromyalgia medicine anymore.

3 (200) calorie shakes a day? Psh, yeah. Oh and I could have snacks, but very little normal food and only fresh fruits and veggies, and I would need to eat the Herbalife bars, not any other ones because they were designed wrong and would cause me to gain.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    "If you hit a plateau just take a day and eat only 6 apples throughout the day. It'll break it for sure."

SIX apples? :noway: I think know how this works..because you'll be on the toilet all day getting rid of those excess calories?

Ick.

bwaaahaaa Yup!
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A girl in work who was trying to lose weight was eating white bread toast,sausages and bacon for breakfast and said to me that you need to eat loads in the morning (I eat berries) or your metabolism doesn't wake up and you get fat. Hahaha! Needless to say ive reached my gw and she gained. She also started lifting "the smallest weights she could find" 2 weeks before a wedding to get rid of her "bingo wings" ahhh if only it were that easy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Gotta be the water fast diet. Up to a 30 day fast with water only and of course no exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The "fat and fiber" diet of the 90's!!

The idea was to eat less than 25g of fat and eat at least 25g of fiber each day (don't remember specifically what the actual numbers were, but something like that).

Like most diets, I could always find a "work-around". So, never mind that I was eating thousands of calories each day by eating lots of bread, pasta, rice, etc. I was able to achieve my fiber intake and limit my fat intake easily. But, surprisingly, not losing any weight!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Maybe not weight loss, but general diet: I was once told that being a vegetarian makes me a Nazi sympathiser, because allegedly Hitler was a vegetarian. :noway:

Umm...what?!?!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    FAT FLUSH RECIPE!!
    Make the Recipe in Water Bottles.......Place In the Refrigerator and Just Take 2 or 3 Out to take with you, if you know you won't be home for long periods of time!!!
    The longer it sits, the better it tastes. You can eat them as well but they are intended as flavoring and still work, so that is a personal choice. The Vitamin C turns fat into fuel, the tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, and the cucumber makes you feel full. Try it for 10 days and see what you think!

Ingredients per 8 oz serving

Water
    1 slice grapefruit
    1 tangerine
    ½ cucumber, sliced
    2 peppermint leaves
    Ice – as much as you like

Directions
    Wash grapefruit, tangerine cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients (fruits, vegetables, 8 oz water) into water bottles.
    Close Cap Tightly, Shake, Put In The Fridge Over Night, Take Out a Few Bottles for the Next Day & Enjoy!"

This has been floating around Facebook, I had to tell my friend this probably isn't legit.:noway:

OMG I saw this one!!! It is all over Pintrest too!!
    I've seen it too but the way I figure it is that most of the people who are doing this never were water drinkers before anyway, so anything to get them to drink more water! lol
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was told by National Weight Loss chain (went there many years ago) to drink 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in water before a meal. That this would help me to eat less and it woudl help prevent calorie absorption. Uhm yeah Right. Dropped some weight but it was a restrictive diet and the minute I started eating real food the weight came back on... I can't stand vinegar now...
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    MY INTERNIST TOLD ME:
    If you don't drink any alcohol you can eat 1,000 calories a day
    If you want a glass of wine you can eat 500 calories a day