How often do you clean?

Options

Replies

• TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    Please, America, legalize same sex marriage so I can make this woman my wife!

(For as bad as I am at cleaning, I will make up for it in the bedroom)

Hey, it's legal in CT. My fiance is down with the three way. :smokin:

Legal in WA. 4way?

Oh also I clean a lot. And I bake. I'm like level 60 housewife.

I don't think one person should be allowed to just stake ownership of you. I feel we need an auction so everyone has a fair chance.
    If you're going to cohabitate with me, don't you think this should be a joint agreement? Bad kitty. No more grilled cheese for you.

I literally have a cleaning schedule. I got tired of wasting an entire day doing laundry and cleaning the house, so I split it up fairly evenly throughout the week. One room, one load of laundry, half hour every day. It makes my life easier.

I do dishes daily (no dishwasher), pick up every night before bed, and do yard work as needed.

*points to my counter full of dirty dishes that span onto the stove and microwave*
    *whistles innocently*

I will clean every inch of the house perfectly every week and do laundry, if you'll just do the damn dishes. I HATE dishes.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I do some cleaning everyday, but I do a thorough cleaning once a week.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Like Clean and Jerk? lol. well about twice a week.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does most of the cleaning in our apartment. It's just the two of us. He's super-clean and I'm tidy-ish. He cleans up like every other day and does a full clean in the apartment once a week. Not saying I don't clean at all, but that's the regular routine. I clean up when I have a chance or when I notice I should clean something. :p
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have a maid who comes twice a week - we both work full time and its just easier this way
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I clean and jerk dozens to hundreds of times per week.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Housekeeping is not my strong suit. We have a cleaning team that comes once every two weeks and is pretty thorough. Other than that, it's minor upkeep and taking care of spills. Dishes and laundry I do every single day, though.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I do laundry daily. And I keep my kitchen clean. It comes in spurts, but I will be honest I don't have a schedule. My husband is a clean freak...so he helps alot!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby three months ago, so I am faced with a problem: I'm too tired to clean all the time, but my baby shouldn't be living in a dirty house. Every 7-9 days, I have a serious laundry day; when I start tripping over too many toys on the floor, I pick them up; when the trash gets full, I take it out; when the kitchen gets too dirty, I clean it (minimum of once every other day).

I have two kids and a dirty husband. I would pass out from exhaustion if I really tried to keep up with all of their messes. Plus, they don't allow me enough time to do it! Funny thing is, though, that my father-in-law seems to think that I keep the house ridiculously clean. But he's the type of person that only does dishes once a month (blech) and doesn't care about living in a place that was infested with vermin. Ugh.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I do as much cleaning as my kids will allow! We try to keep a relatively tidy home. I vacuum twice a week, clean the bathroom once a week, and do about 3 loads of dishes every single day. I hate to have a messy kitchen so it's probably the cleanest room in the apartment lol. I don't dust all that often (even though I want to) simply because I don't have time. Between the preschooler and the infant, my time is limited.

Here ya there :D
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday.

Don't like to do it but who else is going to do it for me? I know my parents won't come to my place and clean for me unless I'm on my death bed, lol.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday.

Don't like to do it but who else is going to do it for me? I know my parents won't come to my place and clean for me unless I'm on my death bed, lol.

lol, while my mom came up to visit (I live in CT, shes in my home state, FL) she cleaned up after me. I didn't have to lift a finger! Sometimes I gotta admit I milked it (Mommy, can you get me some water? lol) but most times I was like, Ma, sit, I got it.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I go through phases where I will clean like crazy every single day and then I go through phases where I clean nothing for like, a month.

THIS. At least right now. I currently have every one of my possessions in a 9'6" by 15' room (except my treadmill) and for the first year it was SPOTLESS. And now it's a freaking mess. So I guess mine should read 'a year'.

Growing up we had chores and the house was reasonably clean. Except my sister's and my bedrooms were about as messy as mine is currently. Once I moved out I struggled the first year but by the second I was a total neat freak. When everything has a home I can handle it. When there's no place for anything it's horrible.

I LOVE laundry. I HATE vacuuming.

I tolerate everything else.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I go through phases where I will clean like crazy every single day and then I go through phases where I clean nothing for like, a month.

THIS. At least right now. I currently have every one of my possessions in a 9'6" by 15' room (except my treadmill) and for the first year it was SPOTLESS. And now it's a freaking mess. So I guess mine should read 'a year'.

Growing up we had chores and the house was reasonably clean. Except my sister's and my bedrooms were about as messy as mine is currently. Once I moved out I struggled the first year but by the second I was a total neat freak. When everything has a home I can handle it. When there's no place for anything it's horrible.

I LOVE laundry. I HATE vacuuming.

I tolerate everything else.

Ew I hate laundry...my MIL does all our laundry, and I would do my own, but she doesn't like to let people touch her washer and dryer. She is afraid someone will break them, even though I've been doing my own laundry since I was 8 -.- Same reason she makes me use all her ****ty pans when I cook, she's afraid someone will ruin them...lol whatever.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 bedroom house, 5 kids, a husband and a cat. I clean every day... but I never get to exclaim, "Yay! It's all clean!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bathrooms get done about once a week fully, but I have to wipe them down more frequently. My step daughter takes care of the kids' bathroom. Vacuuming happens every other day or so... the floors get washed maybe twice a week. Dusting gets done when I can see the cobwebs streaking across my light fixtures :embarassed:

Laundry is EVERY. DAY. Ack.

I have to straighten out the couch cushions every 10 minutes :mad:

My kitchen is always spotless... between 3 meals and 2 snacks for the kids and my own 4 times-a-day eating I'm ALWAYS preparing, cooking or cleaning up after food. Except in the fridge... yeah that doesn't happen as often as it should.

But yeah... my house always looks lived in... but I manage to work out most days and enjoy friends and family, so that matters more to me than a spotless house.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Every day, all day. Kids, SO, 2 dogs, and 1 cat.

The cat is the least sloppy one. I love them all but they'd really be lost without me.
  • voyagewithme
    Options
    Eww, who cleans anymore? 'Merica
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    to be honest. i never cleaned.

but i guess i got the bad of it. now i clean nearly everyday.

i had a really bad allergy cause of not cleaning. now i try to avoid it by cleaning more.
    i don't personally like to clean. but a little be here and there doesn't bother. and i feel great afterwards and much more happier cause of it.
  • Goodbye_Thunder_Thighs
    Options
    I clean once a day. In the morning after I take kids to school I sweep, vacuum, mop, clean the breakfast/lunch making mess and bathrooms and do a load or two of washing.
    No one is home here until 3pm and we will tidy the lounge room and kitchen from afternoon snacks and homework and 3 year old running wild just before 6pm when DH is due home.
    After dinner my older girls (14 & 12) have a list of chores to do wash up, dry up, feed and water dog, sweep kitchen and lounge room and take all rubbish out.

On Saturday mornings we will also clean all windows and wipe over walls, move lounge and clean under it, all bed sheets and blankets are changed and washed, fridge and cupboards cleaned out. My DH is an@l about having a clean house
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't clean, I hire a cleaning service. Life is short!! :flowerforyou: