that "skinny b*tch" moment

Options
LovelyLumos
LovelyLumos Posts: 44 Member
I have posted my before and after pictures before but i want to tell you a story of absolute success. i was very fat in high school actually my whole school career. i was bullied ALOT because of it. the "popular" kids would often say things like "maybe if you give her a twinkie she will let you copy her homework" among other things. (i was smart almost all advanced classes). this is what i looked like
mcdstc.jpg

i work about 3 blocks from my old high school so everyone i went to school with lives close. so 2 nights ago one of the boys who bullied me relentlessly came into my work. i knew who he was instantly he doesn't have a face i would likely forget. He came to the counter and did a double take and
said "you're Chelsea (insert last name here) right?"
so i said "yes"
he said "damn you got hot! i gotta say i wouldnt have recognized you. Sorry for.....ya know everything in school. we were young ya know?" he was staring at my chest the whole time he said this
so i could either be a b*tch or say its okay. So what did i do?
i said "You are only sorry because you think im...what did you say? 'hot?' if i still was fat you would have come in here and said some smart alack remark about how im still fat and although i have changed for the better you are still the same. i thought maybe college would have changed you but i guess not. so no i do not accept you're apology because your not truly sorry."
needless to say he was stunned and quietly left the store. my coworker Phil was in the back room and came out clapping. i have never been more proud of myself, i stood up to my bully! this guy harrassed me throughout the 6 years i knew him.
This is what i look like now
29uzx35.jpg

Replies

• logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's hard to stand up the those who have caused us pain in our past. Great job for speaking your minnd and standing up to your past demons!
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good for you! People are so shallow, sometimes!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great :) I love that dress, too.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    good for you, I would have been applauding too if I had been standing in line behind him,lol
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, btw you are hot!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good for you and Congratualtions on your amazing transformation
  • Sophiad16
    Sophiad16 Posts: 23
    Options
    That is an awesome story, I am so glad that you had the strength to say all of that to him! Way to go lady! And you DO look amazing!!!:glasses:
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: so happy for you! You are pretty in both pictures BTW..congrats on your journey!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! That is so cool :D you look great too
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your body now matches your beautiful smile.:happy:
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are absolutely beautiful on the outside now. I could tell lookign at the first photo that you were very pretty. It was always there. I hope highschool doesn't leave you with too many war wounds! I have different highschool war wounds. I was put into the bottom class for everything and have fought (with myself) all these years to believe that I'm not stupid. Don't believe the version of you that your high school class mates cast you in. That's their script!
    x
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, your gorgeous so impressed and inspired by you I had a similar moment a few years ago was still big but had gained confidence. It feels brilliant. xxx
  • hayleeannie
    hayleeannie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hell YES! girl... you are amazing.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
    What a jerk.

I was teased in elementary school by this awful boy about my weight. He made me cry all the time. In college, I saw him at a local bar and he didn't recognize me and hit on me. I just side-eyed him and walked away.

You got the last laugh!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss and well done on sticking up for yourself.

Although I have to say it does sound a bit like the guy apologized and you made a bunch of assumptions and ripped into him.

Not to say he didn't deserve it for what he put you through in high school but sometimes it's best to just move on.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You've made a great achievment young lady! Absolutely AWESOME job!
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    Kudos!
  • Laultimacocacola
    Options
    You look great!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great job standing up for yourself and not falling for the false compliment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!