Replies

• marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    just stop eating, it will work..
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have laughed (ok, snorted) my way through all of the responses.....yup, heard them all!! :noway:
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!!!!
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Duuh skip breakfast I'm not that's fuel the main important to my body
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Bump to finish later....
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Try this herbalife shake its not like your normal tasting shake ( no that's because it tastes s@&* ) and you will lose weight fast, um no thanks I like real food
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Cotton balls soaked in orange juice.

WTF?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I know someone who has lost 60 lbs in 4 months with this Cambridge *kitten*. 500 or 800 calories a day in shakes... I cannot wait to see how she will hold up once she starts eating again. She has had days where she slipped and had some fries and immediately had a big gain... So this is going to be interesting.

I did that one when I was a teenager. As soon as I started eating food again all the weight came back.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A coworker with an eating disorder told me to eat no carbs at all-just fruits and vegetables.(WTF) Oh, yeah and swim laps 3 hours a day. Thanks,but, I like a balanced clean diet and weightlifting. Seems to be working just fine.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options

WTF?

Really, I need to know what to do with the orange juice soaked cotton balls, otherwise how will I ever lose weight! :huh:
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options

WTF?

Really, I need to know what to do with the orange juice soaked cotton balls, otherwise how will I ever lose weight! :huh:

Yeah you're supposed to eat them. Back in my anorexic days I was given off handed advice to eat toilet paper -around 10-12 sheets daily - to stave off hunger. Thank goodness I had more (barely considering how sick I was) common sense than that. I actually saw a news video a few months ago about how the toilet paper thing is starting to spread among extreme dieting though...
  • oohashbee
    oohashbee Posts: 21
    Options
    The people at my workplace are diet experts. So far I've been told:

* don't eat any carbs what so ever. Carbs is basically just fat, so you don't want to eat that. While you're at it, don't eat fat either.

* it's ok if you eat this salad, it's salad, it's good for you!!! (the salad was as big as my head and was in a bread bowl filled with cheese, ranch dressing and croutons)

* I'm going to start these shakes, you drink two a day then you can eat whatever you want for dinner and it just burns the fat, you should try it.

* it's ok to have a cheat meal, you ate a salad today so it cancels it out.

Uhhhhh....wow....
  • MarisaDLS2
    MarisaDLS2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A lot of bad advice was floating around in the 60's/70's/80's.

"Don't eat any food whatsoever, fast, drink water only and bouillion a few times a day for the salt."
    I actually did this twice when I was 15 years old (39 years ago), for a week at a time.
    I remember feeling ravenously hungry and actually faint at times.

Another was getting a staple in the ear,
    (theoretically accupuncture-based to decrease hunger),
    wiggling the staple whenever you felt hungry.
    Yes, I did this.
    No, this was not effective.

Another one was getting an inflatable device placed in the stomach.
    The device inflated was the size of a small pop-can.
    You were put under anesthesia, they inserted the deflated device into your stomach and inflated it.
    This was supposed to make you feel full and your stomach would hold less food.
    Later they discovered this caused gastric erosions and some perforated their stomachs.
    Quickly fell out of favor after a lot of lawsuits.

Another horrible idea was surgical removal of the ileum (part of small intestine).
    They performed this on a number of people who had dramatic weight loss,
    then horrible complications from inability to clot properly
    due to low or no Vitamin K (which is absorbed from your food by the ileum).
    Something like 80% died from hemorrhaging/internal bleeding,
    even a minor trip and fall, or bump into something could be fatal.
    Another badly conceived idea with horrific consequences.
  • Raven2evil
    Raven2evil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!
    omg thats the best thing i ever heard
  • psychedelicfrenzy
    psychedelicfrenzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here's a few good ones from the dumb "pro-ana/mia" communities/people that float around the internets that really tickle my peach.

ABC (some stupid "Ana" Boot Camp thing that has 50 days a severe restriction and calorie cycling--none of the calories going over 800 at the most. most days are under 500, 3-5 fast days, and one 800 calorie day. There's also a few 50 calorie days. Yes, 50.)

SGD/HSGD (Skinny Girl Diet/Healthy Skinny Girl Diet. Basically the same as ABC but not as restrictive and fruits and veggies do not count in the intake. It's pretty stupid.)

fruit/veggie/yogurt/juice fasting (I personally think this is stupid because a fast does not have anything that includes calories in my opinion. That just defeats the purpose of said "fast")

Even though I have an eating disorder, a lot of these "pro ED" diets and anything pro ED, just really annoys me. Basically with a lot of these, "it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you get only the targeted amount of calories allotted."

It's really annoying actually.
    ED or not, these "diets" will only lead to you "binging".

Personally, I tend to be very restrictive, but that comes with my ED and my thought processes.... It's not fun.

But, personally, if a "fad diet" has a 3 or 4 letter acronym to define it or whatever, it's pointless and stupid.

(please don't give me crap for this post... I understand that what I'm doing is not "healthy" and such.. I'm not going for healthy... this is the illness and how I choose to go about things.. Please do not be offended or anything by anything I've posted. It is all my opinion.
    sorry, im a paranoid person.)
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ''If you want something bad eat Ice cream because it goes through you as it is more like liquid'' that's the advice of my close friend who is a 'fitness nut' trying to justify eating ice cream and to this day he claims he is right. still looks the same, but he is definitely right lol

LOL that is as bad as saying since ice cream is so cold, you burn up calories heating it up! No seriously that was what I was told.
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    "You should do a cleanse!"

Run. Run fast.
  • psychedelicfrenzy
    psychedelicfrenzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Reminds me another thing I saw someone said/tried. They wanted to lose x amount of weight by summer or something and said they were going on a diet.
    But they said they were cutting out all sugars and sweets but it was ok to have ice cream because "it's a liquid so it won't count"
    Im just like... are you stupid? :huh: