Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have decided to go without this weekend, someone have one for me will you please?????

Cheers, make it a double!!!!!!

Well seeing as it would be helping you out, i'll volunteer to have that large drink for you :wink: :drinker:

Why thank you Yvonne! but after all of my good intentions I have had a GnT with ice n a slice for my aperitif and am having a glass of rosé right now- I am so crap at going without...... but hey have had a bit of a day at work and that is excuse enough evidently!!!!!!! have a good evening everyone
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I had a good week visiting my sister in CA--despite visits with my dad, which really do require liquor, I had six clean days in a row there. Went out drinking with a HS friend on the 7th night (Monday) and kept it to 2 vodka gimlets, which I felt was quite restrained, and had a glass of Arneis with my husband when I got home on Tuesday night. No drinking for the past three days, but I am going to town tonight. Date night with my husband and I ran 15 miles this morning so I have a million extra calories and it's going to be almost 100 degrees today. I see many glasses of cool white or gimlets in my future, and I will also probably do whatever I want tomorrow. It's almost time to stop drinking entirely for marathon training, so I might as well enjoy it while I can.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    okay, I love the new Bacardi Torched Cherry. I have it with diet coke or diet sunkist lemonade and it is awesome!!!!!!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    a) The Bills suck

b) Bolts?

c) Two words: Da Bears

A) you hit the nail on the head, seriously, the Bills?

B) Bolts = San Diego Chargers

C) AMEN!!!! DA BEARS!!

Just treated myself and bought a signed Urlacher jersey and a Bears jersey purse. Yes, I did it while drinking a beer.

Football season is fast approaching! Did I mention I am excited?
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes... I've sworn to stay dry this weekend. So far its going well, although the Don Julio tequilla is calling from my cabinet. I feel so badly leaving it all alone and full in that bottle, but I'm going to try. :laugh: I have a personal challenge going on to stay dry for a consecutive 5 days, we'll see how it goes :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    ah, I just found this! Perfect. Well, Friday I had a vodka-soda before heading out to the comedy show where I drank 4 Bud Light limes. I had to go through a DUI checkpoint on my way home, they said, "have you been drinking?" I said "No" and they said, "be on your way" I was scared though! I don't think I was drunk, but I don't know if I was over the legal limit!
    Today, I was able to drink close to home, there was a festival near my house, I spent some time in the beet garden and got to walk home!
  • bumbalina
    bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I love this thread.... Lushes worlwide unite!!

I'm managing to stick to one night a week at the moment, but I think I'm getting a whole weeks worth at once. I live in a party street full of really great friends and everyone has been really supportive so far but as soon as 5pm on saturday arrives the champagne flows! Trying to stick to vodka(62cal) Soda water(0cal) and fresh Lime(1cal) but i love the bubbles :)
    I refuse to give up everything and am trying to have everything in moderation.

XO
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Last night = 2 Lime/pomegranate margaritas & 1 bottle of Mulderbosch Faithful Hound :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Wow, I really drank alot yesterday.:blushing: I drank the way I used to. about a fifth of rum:drinker: and half a bottle of wine:drinker: . I also started the day with kaluha in my coffee. glad I got it out of my system:bigsmile: and now I will start the week fresh and stay dry.:devil:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well I had vodka Friday night, beer last night and started a few hours ago today with some cider. The cider was well deserved though as I had to spend 3 hours in Paeds A&E with my daughter waiting to be seen by a doctor so she could get some antibiotics for an infected insect bite. What a great way to spend your Sunday afternoon, especially seeing as it's the hospital I work in, feel like I haven't been away from the place :cry:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Sunday = 2 coors light, 1 SHARED bottle of wine, 2 vodka/perrier/lime.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Sunday- 2 shared crown/cokes (hubs and I), 2 bud 55's, 1 glass of lemon wine (made local awesome find, delicious!), 2 pineapple upside down cakes..... wow..
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sunday - blue moon Honeymoon 1 bottle and half a bottle of red wine with dinner. Okay so dry time. nary a drop until Friday. I can do this.I can do this.I can do this.I can do this.I can do this.I can do this.I can do this.I can do this.I can do this.:tongue:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    In UNISON:

WE CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT!! WE CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT!! WE CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT!! WE CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT!! WE CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a white sangria with dinner Thursday night. It was actually WAY too tart, but I guess that's good because it slowed me down and I only had the one drink. Didn't drink the rest of the weekend, I just hung around my apartment and watched Buffy for two days, but on Saturday morning, I did finally break my not-losing streak and hit my mini-goal! :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Totally planned on not drinkin til Friday.... hubs poured a crown and coke and let it sit... ARE YOU KIDDING! So then he was gonna dump it b/c it got watered down.. no *kitten*... so I took it, got a new glass, filled with ice.. added more crown.. added the "watered down" drink.. and topped with coke... thanks a lot hubs... grrr... now I want another one...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think, mamaturner. I always said there is alcohol abuse and there is alcohol neglect and I can't abide either! You can't let it go to waste!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I like the way you think, mamaturner. I always said there is alcohol abuse and there is alcohol neglect and I can't abide either! You can't let it go to waste!
    here here!:drinker:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    thank you! As I was typing I was worried I sounded like a crazed alcie.... I'm really not but I am against alcohol abuse/neglect and that was just rediculous. Don't pour it if your gonna let it sit in the kitchen!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Oh, boy, 4 days in a row....I am a naughty girl....:devil: