Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the most calories you've ever eaten in a day?

Replies

• GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Easily 5000 to 6000. Before tracking umm...:embarassed:
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Maybe like 7-8k. This thread is sexy.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    I'm amused at some of the responses. When I was trying to gain weight I was eating 4-5k a day for months. I like how this is more than some peoples worst, lol..

that said, I've been to a few buffets and rib eating contests and the like with teamates. I would have to assume 10-15k easy.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Probably around 3500..
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    I don't know because I lost count.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Well over 10k.

Most I ever tracked was over 5k - but I burnt over 6k that day, so all worked out fine :).

I could easily eat that sort of amount (5k) on a daily basis and probably have at points!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Over 6,000, damn cheesecake lol
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    I am not sure I can count that high. When I had a very active job, I would count calories up to about 3000 cry then quit then have a snack later then dinner then another snack. So there is that.

I could during this period put something like this away.

Breakfast: Two really big doughnuts with custard filling and one of those pints of chocolate milk. That's about 900 calories cuz they were really big dougnuts.

Snack muffin. I don't know they were big muffins at least 250 calories.

Lunch Two Double Decker Tacos for about 700 calories and I would stop and get a bread stick somewhere as well for an additional 130 calories or so.

Dinner : a Pizza for about 2500 calories

So about 4500 this was probably a typical amount of calories for me for a long time. The food might not have been typical I did eat stuff that I would cook, but it would also be high in calories. I occasionally would eat a salad or some fruit. When I tried dieting I would try to cut my calories in half and for the amount of work I was doing this was probably a very wrong thing to do and I never stuck to that for long. I did lose like 20 lbs once and I felt like I was starving all day long. If I would have made a modest cut of 500 and tried to be active even when I wasn't working, I am sure I would have lost a good amount of weight even though my calorie count would be considered very high by some people.
  • 15,000 calories easy for post exam celebration last november.

max brenners chocolate fudge sundae, waffles, chocolate, banana bread with chocolate sauce for breakfast
    3 servings of pad thai and a large oportos meal (2 burgers, large chips, large coke) for lunch
    1kg steak, full rack ribs, 3 servings of chips, 4 cheese stuffed potatoes, half a cheese cake, 3 servings of icecream for dinner
    lots of coke and chocolate for snacks
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Since I started dieting & logging my highest amount was 2,405...1,005 over my daily goal. :P
  • skylar1018
    skylar1018 Posts: 1
    3,800! (That's not a proud exclamation...)
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Probably the night I ate a 50 piece bucket of Buffalo wild wings. 3600-4400 est. not the bad really.

To anyone who thinks they've never eaten a lot of calories, I think your just fooling yourself.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Since logging, maybe 2,300? I aim for 1800 but I do on occasion have enough exercise to allow myself extra. I haven't logged over the winter holidays before but I bet it gets quite high over Christmas.
  • Honey, if I am gonna go that far into pig-out-dom I'm sure as heck not counting!!!!

^^This^^ :laugh:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    2500 & then still only came out net 680
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    I'm guessing around 9000. I tracked a really bad day before I committed myself to losing weight and it was over 8,000 but that was probably close to the most I've ever ate in one day. I had like four huge meals and they were very fattening foods (like KFC). My average before was probably around 4,000. I used to eat from McDonalds most mornings and I would get two sandwiches, a hash brown and large sweet tea. Plus, fast food or carry outs for lunch and snacks from the vending machine and a big hearty dinner. Now, most of my meals are about 500 calories and I usually have two healthy snacks per day. Amazing, the difference now.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Right before I started taking charge of my life, at one point I was eating 6500+ calories a day. It was the most I used to eating and am glad I won't be going back to it. I sometimes now peak out at around 4,000 calories now though which isn't bad
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    I think mine was about 3000
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Honey, if I am gonna go that far into pig-out-dom I'm sure as heck not counting!!!!

^^This^^ :laugh:

So true. No fun in that.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Since I started logging, about 3800. Before that, who knows?