5 things you have cut out!

Options
Hi Everyone!!

Thought it would be great to start a post where we can tell each other 5 food items that we have totally cut out of our diets to achieve weight loss. This will probably help some of us take ideas and re-direct our weight loss incase we have hit the plateau!

So for me these would be:
1. French fries
2. chocolate cake
3. Soda
4. Chicken nuggets (air fried them and realised they have so much oil already in them!!!)
5. Ice cream

Looking forward to what others have to tell! :wink:

Replies

• k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    Fast food
    umm... I can't really think of anything,

Cow milk
    Ice cream (Frozen yogurt doesn't count!)
    Soda
    Pie/Cake
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet, hopefully I can make it to goal and not have to cut anything. :ohwell:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Nothing.

Yay, I'm not alone. I was thinking I might be the only person to say nothing. :laugh:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Nothing really.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Not a thing. I prefer moderation as opposed to cutting things out. I would fail a "diet" within a week if I had to cut some of the aforementioned items out of my diet.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    - whey protons
    - foie gras
    - soy protons
    - butter
    - casein protons
  • amaranthine1018
    Options
    Nothing for me, as well. Some things I never ate in the first place, like french fries, and everything else I just have in smaller portions, and less often.
  • loveyourself11
    loveyourself11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I like, but not all that I like. You still have to be conscious of the calories yiu are consuming.
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My five things I have cut out...

~Skipping a workout because I don't feel like it (found working out consistently makes me feel like doing it more)
    ~Soft drinks & sugary juices (found I like chamomile tea more)
    ~Ice cream (found I like yogurt better)
    ~Eating two or three servings instead of one (found 1 serving, 9 times out of 10, does the trick)
    ~Guilt for not taking care better care of my body (found confidence in myself instead)
  • DirtyMoneyDinero
    Options
    1. Candy
    2.Chips
    3. Late night fast food stops (my night job doesn't afford me the luxury of eating a home cooked meal every night"
    4. Fried Foods
    I can't think of a 5th thing, because I pretty much try my best to eat clean. But those 4 things I did list are very difficult for me to shake.
  • mousetrousers
    mousetrousers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just soda :)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Stuff that tastes bad.
    Stuff that tastes bad.
    Stuff that tastes bad.
    Stuff that tastes bad.
    Stuff that tastes bad.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    There's nothing that I cut out entirely. There are a few things that I only have occasionally, where I had them frequently before.

Soda
    Chips
    Fast food
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

Just eating smaller portions of the same foods. Like yesterday, I bought a dove chocolate bar, broke off 3 pieces and gave the rest to my husband. By just eating smaller portions of things I enjoy, I have been losing weight easily. It's slow, but it is definitely coming off. I might have to change that as I get closer to my goal, but I'm hoping I won't.

As another poster said, eating what I want doesn't mean I eat a lot of it. It's still calories after all and overall calorie consumption is what needs to be watched.
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've completely cut meat out of my diet, and soda. That's it.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Nothing in particular...BUT I have stopped eating any food that I find I don't thoroughly enjoy--for example, if the "old me" went to a restaurant or a party and had an item she didn't particularly like (a pie that was too sweet or tart; some BBQ that wasn't quite up to par, cold french fries) she used to continue eating it until she finished the item. Now if "New Me" gets an item I don't find delicious, I STOP EATING IMMEDIATELY and either send it back or trash it. I don't want to waste a single calorie on sub-par food or snacks.
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    -fast food
    -rice
    -regular soda
    -candy, chocolate
    -chips
  • hrhboo
    hrhboo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I so love that the people who have replied that they haven't cut out anything are the ones who've lost the most weight . They are the true inspirations! :)