5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I havent had any fast food so far and I only had one glass of coke since starting on fmp and I measured it to make sure I wasnt miscalculating calories.

Things like chips, coke, chocolate etc I only enjoy occasionally and in moderation.
  • LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1. fast food (make baked sweet potato fries and veggie or turkey burgers at home)
    2. all buffet restaurants (focusing on portion control and buffets totally defy this concept)
    3. donuts and pastries (too much sugar and total carb overload)
    4. cold cuts and hot dogs (too many nitrates and too much sodium)
    5. all fried foods
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    1. Negativity
    2. the word Can't.
    3. non supportive people
    4. the belief that I have to cut out any food.
    5. emotional eating.

yup...that's about it...

oh you mean food? nothing..i cut out nothing but eating things excessively.

Moderation allows me to have ALL the things.
  • shellbellv12
    shellbellv12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Excessive Sugar
    Gluten
    Cows Milk
    Tea and coffee (green tea instead)
    Alcohol
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    1. Guilt
    2. Labeling foods as either good or bad.
    3. Self-loathing
    4. The scale.
    5. Anything that distracts me from my goals.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    1. fried foods
    2. chocolate chip cookies
    3. white bread, pasta, flour
    4. full fat / sugar ice cream
    5. cream cheese cake

I can eat all of these things if I want them, but I haven't had the opportunity lately.
    The only thing on the above list that I really loathe is the cream cheese cake, because it packs a massive 500 calories for a small slice.
  • AmyLynch1101
    Options
    My five things I have cut out...

~Skipping a workout because I don't feel like it (found working out consistently makes me feel like doing it more)
    ~Soft drinks & sugary juices (found I like chamomile tea more)
    ~Ice cream (found I like yogurt better)
    ~Eating two or three servings instead of one (found 1 serving, 9 times out of 10, does the trick)
    ~Guilt for not taking care better care of my body (found confidence in myself instead)

This! Minus the ice cream :) I would fail changing to a healtly lifestyle if I couldn't endulge in ice cream or chocolate once in a while.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I would love to say nothing, but as of recently I've become more strict because some foods just arent worth the calories to me anymore:

1. candy
    2. juice/soda
    3. chips
    4. cookies/cake (for the most part)
    5. fast food like McDonalds (only becausei find it gross now)

I'd rather have a huge meal of things I love then a snack like chips or candy that doesnt do anything for my hunger and just makes me want more candy and chips :laugh: it's more of a willpower problem but eh... i gotta do what i gotta do.

I'll incorporate minimal portions of these things back into my diet when im maintaining which is a long way off lol.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I don't believe in cutting anything out. I use method of moderation. When I deny myself things I have a tendancy to binge. I have reduced many things rather drastically, alcohol is low, only have wine now and then, and of course fast food like McDonalds etc. I had a big mac yesterday, first one in a month... same with ice cream and high carb items. I still have everything, but only if it fits my macros, and only now and then. Keeps me happy and still have positive results.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    nothing - eat what i like - iifym
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    1. Guilt
    2. Labeling foods as either good or bad.
    3. Self-loathing
    4. The scale.
    5. Anything that distracts me from my goals.

^^Awesome^^
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything, but in moderation.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Really just soda, that stuff is pretty terrible all around lol.
    Other thing I need to cut out (IMMEDIATELY) is inconsistency. It's probably my worst enemy.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Nothing, While I do try to consistently make healthy choices, I do not make any food off limit. Everything is ok in moderation.
  • TBennett27
    TBennett27 Posts: 3
    Options
    1. Rice
    2. Pasta
    3. pale ale beer
    4. candy
    5.Most all carbs
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

Keeping it within calorie goal :smile: I haven't cut anything out but I eat out less, eat a lot less chips and ice cream, and eat less cheese and peanut butter :wink:
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not a thing. I prefer moderation as opposed to cutting things out. I would fail a "diet" within a week if I had to cut some of the aforementioned items out of my diet.

I have the opposite issues, I always fail at moderation, I do much much better when I make particular foods off limits.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    1. gluten
    2. gluten
    3. gluten
    4. gluten
    5. gluten

haha.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

Thought it would be great to start a post where we can tell each other 5 food items that we have totally cut out of our diets to achieve weight loss. This will probably help some of us take ideas and re-direct our weight loss incase we have hit the plateau!

So for me these would be:
    1. French fries
    2. chocolate cake
    3. Soda
    4. Chicken nuggets (air fried them and realised they have so much oil already in them!!!)
    5. Ice cream

Looking forward to what others have to tell! :wink:

Before you cut out ice cream--check it out compared to yogurt, especially the non premium brands--they're pretty close to yogurt, and so much yummier.