How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    You don't plan a 5000 calorie cheat day. You shouldn't plan a cheat day at all. The key to hitting your goals is dedication, why set yourself back 3 days of hard dieting just for one day of eating till you're lethargic and regret it?

Just keep doing what you're doing and if you've hit a plateu, try increasing certain macros for a day or two or even adding 2-400 calories.

imo, planning an excessive cheat day is not only stupid, but detrimental to your goals in the long run.

You sound like buckets of fun. :drinker:

It's called dedication, something the weak-spined cheaters lack. Go and eat and drink yourself through 5k cals and tell me if it was worth it.

Protip: Its not.

You sound such a bundle of fun... not.
    You also obviously are a bit of an idiot, since the Op only weighs 90 Ibs at 5'1.
    I would rather have a weak spine than have my head so far up my own backside I would need to find an alternative means of cleaning my teeth.
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Ever heard of guessing calories based on similar restaurants? I went to John's Incredible Pizza that day. They don't have nutritional info so I had to do my own homework.
    Dishes with the same name can vary by hundreds of calories between one restaurant and another. I am surprised that someone who logs a stick of sugarfree gum, a spoonful of chicken Alfredo, an eighth of a chicken breast, 1/5 Tbsp of peanut butter, and 1/8 cup of mint chip ice cream would tolerate such imprecision.

What do you suggest then? When I eat stuff with no nutritional info posted, I do my best to track them. When I eat stuff that's clearly labeled, I sure as hell would take advantage of the numbers.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Plan a 5000 cal cheat day? Easy, go to cheesecake factory and order one of everything. Bring pinktiger and call it a date!
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    I'd eat 12 boxes of raisin bran and die happy

LOL - - or die in the bathroom. Just sayin' . . . . all that bran . . . ..
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    I'd eat 12 boxes of raisin bran and die happy

LOL - - or die in the bathroom. Just sayin' . . . . all that bran . . . ..

#noregrets
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    This could be dangerous...:wink:

I would binge on assorted gourmet cheeses, red wine, Pizza Hut pan pizza with bacon and olives, cheesecake, vodka, dill pickle potato chips, frozen yogurt with all toppings, sweet-tarts, burritos, chips & salsa/queso, oatmeal raisin cookies, french bread with olive oil/garlic, and loaded fries.

That was fun :happy:
  • pinktiger8
    For me, the whole point of a cheat day is that it is not planned. I could go over my goals by 200 calories or 2000.

I agree with this too but I'm very picky with my calories. In the back of my head, I'm always asking myself "for the same amount of calories, is there something else I'd rather eat?" All about opportunity cost and stuff. I like Mcdonalds but I don't think I'd eat any of their premium burgers knowing that I could get something better and cheaper for the same calories at In n out. So if I plan this day out, it'll ensure that I'll be happy and satisfied at the end of the day.
  • I want to play again...what would I ACTUALLY EAT?

Breakfast: 3 servings of kashi go lean (420) with 1.5 cups milk (225), 2 eggs (160) and a sandwich thin (100) with cheese (60) = 965

Snack: 3 oz cocoa roasted almonds (450) and 3 string cheeses (240) = 690 calories

Lunch: 1.5 servings cheese tortellini (300) with 6 oz salmon (300), 1/2 cup alfedo sauce (70) and 2 servings broccoli (60)= 730 calories

Snack: 1 bag of peanut m&ms = 250 calories and a small frozen yogurt (320) = 570 calories

Dinner: baked sweet potato (200) with 1 tbsp butter (100) 1 tbsp brown sugar (45) and 1 oz chopped walnuts (170). Served with 2 fillets macadamia crusted mahi mahi (520) and cheesy broccoli (150) = 1185 calories

Dessert: white chocolate blondie (500) with caramel sauce (100) and 1 cup heath ice cream (280) = 900 calories

TOTAL: 5020
  • This could be dangerous...:wink:

I would binge on assorted gourmet cheeses, red wine, Pizza Hut pan pizza with bacon and olives, cheesecake, vodka, dill pickle potato chips, frozen yogurt with all toppings, sweet-tarts, burritos, chips & salsa/queso, oatmeal raisin cookies, french bread with olive oil/garlic, and loaded fries.

You'd probably be at 7-8k calories with all of that.
  • pinktiger8
    This could be dangerous...:wink:

Yep and it was fun reading it! Frozen yogurt with ALL toppings, I never thought of that.

That's the kind of post I expected to see when I originally started the thread but going around the world is fun too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    You don't plan a 5000 calorie cheat day. You shouldn't plan a cheat day at all. The key to hitting your goals is dedication, why set yourself back 3 days of hard dieting just for one day of eating till you're lethargic and regret it?

Just keep doing what you're doing and if you've hit a plateu, try increasing certain macros for a day or two or even adding 2-400 calories.

imo, planning an excessive cheat day is not only stupid, but detrimental to your goals in the long run.

It's called dedication, something the weak-spined cheaters lack. Go and eat and drink yourself through 5k cals and tell me if it was worth it.

*snort*

ETA: I planned a 5k day once - I was very dedicated and acheived it (well, I was 200 cals short).

<---did not do me any harm and yes, it was worth it.

Mental health is important too.
  • You don't plan a 5000 calorie cheat day. You shouldn't plan a cheat day at all. The key to hitting your goals is dedication, why set yourself back 3 days of hard dieting just for one day of eating till you're lethargic and regret it?

*snort*

*double snort*
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    large stuffed crust meat lovers from pizza hut. One for breakfast, one for dinner. Bang, you just hit 5k.

Wins my vote!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Ever heard of guessing calories based on similar restaurants? I went to John's Incredible Pizza that day. They don't have nutritional info so I had to do my own homework.
    Dishes with the same name can vary by hundreds of calories between one restaurant and another. I am surprised that someone who logs a stick of sugarfree gum, a spoonful of chicken Alfredo, an eighth of a chicken breast, 1/5 Tbsp of peanut butter, and 1/8 cup of mint chip ice cream would tolerate such imprecision.

For what it's worth, this is the same approach I take. Look at comparable foods and pick one that seems reasonable...

...and despite being at maintenance currently, I log the little stuff too...because 1) I'm Type A like that and 2) [edited].
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    And OP, this has been an awesome thread.

My favorite part is how it has highlighted some of the biggest/most prevalent MFP problems/misconceptions.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    For me, the whole point of a cheat day is that it is not planned. I could go over my goals by 200 calories or 2000.

I agree with this too but I'm very picky with my calories. In the back of my head, I'm always asking myself "for the same amount of calories, is there something else I'd rather eat?" All about opportunity cost and stuff. I like Mcdonalds but I don't think I'd eat any of their premium burgers knowing that I could get something better and cheaper for the same calories at In n out. So if I plan this day out, it'll ensure that I'll be happy and satisfied at the end of the day.

I know exactly what you mean. When I was dieting for a bb competition, I would get a "cheat day" once every two weeks. After the first couple I stopped going to McDonalds for the same reason. I actually found cheat days a little stressful because I wanted to have something so good because I wasn't going to get it again for a bit.
    It really taught me a lot about my cravings and what I really like to eat. I still very rarely eat McDonald's after that - not because its evil, I just don't find it tastes as good as the burger from my favourite restaurant. I don't really like McDonalds, but I still love pizza.
  • jodsap
    jodsap Posts: 22 Member
    This is just fun to think about!! So for breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes definately, Maybe some bacon and eggs too. Lunch - Pizza Hut with Breadsticks and a Mt Dew and Dinner- Calzone or Mac and Cheese. Or both - Hell, it's my fantasy pig out! Dessert would be Cheesecake and then a bottle or two or three of Reisling... Now the stupid part is, I still eat all of this.... just not in the major quantities or frequency that I used to !!!!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    If I were going to eat 5k, which I've no doubt I have done and probably could do if I truly wanted to, I'd probably go with comfort foods.

Breakfast: Country Fried Steak with biscuits and sausage gravy served with a side of crispy home fries and a side of grits with butter and sugar. Coffee, black with 1 sugar and a sprinkle of cocoa powder

Lunch: Beef enchiladas with mexican rice, and beans smothered in cheese,tamales, a good sized side of guacamole and pico de gallo with either a piece of tres leche cake or flan.

Dinner: My father's thanksgiving dressing, cheesy hash brown potatoes and corn casserole ala mom, sweet potato casserole with pecans and brown sugar topping, turkey gravy, and freshly baked yeast rolls.

Pretty sure that does it if not over does it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I probably wouldn't add up all the calories, I'd just eat whatever I wanted. It would probably look like this:

Breakfast: coffee with half-n-half and sugar, cherry cheesecake (600k)

Lunch: Burrito California from Peppers (giant supreme burrito smothered in queso), chips and guacamole (probably around 1500k)

Snack: another piece of cherry cheesecake (500k)

Dinner: My breaded chicken and pesto, with creamy parmesan rice and garlic bread (1500k)

Dessert: 2 full cups of Talenti gelato in chocolate with peanut butter cups (900)

That might actually be more than 5k
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Mine would involve pizza and cheesecake.