This picture really annoyed me.

Options

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    The picture is missing something.

GENETICS!!!! Gee, that is not important at all, is it?
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Filing this under "Things Other People Do That Have No Effect On My Life"

:laugh: ::high five::
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    Some light reading for those interested. While 'genetics' might not account for all of why a person is or isn't fat, there are definitely a LOT more factors to weight gain/loss/maintenance than what you put in your mouth or how much you exercise.

http://healthateverysizeblog.org/2012/05/01/uncommon-knowledge-about-changes-in-body-weight-part-1/

http://healthateverysizeblog.org/2012/05/15/the-haes-files-uncommon-knowledge-about-changes-in-body-weight-part-2/
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    All I am going to say if the "lazy' girl looks happy, confident and as if she is loving life! The "hardwork' people are too busy admiring themselves to look up at the camera. I am willing to be the lazy one is a lot more fun to hang out with!

The world is a harsh place, leave her be!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This picture really annoys me. I know some pics just get under your skin.

mama-water-slide.gif

A fat woman laughing and enjoying herself annoys you? I'm sorry to hear that.

Why would it annoy you to see someone enjoying themselves? I don't get it.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Somebody can give me a cookie. I am going to the lab for some fasting bloodwork later and will probably be hungry and crabby by then.
  • Jenny9000
    Jenny9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think everyone needs to lighten up a bit. Yeah, being overweight / obese sucks. There is also a lot of harmful things that people say and do out there. But everyone raging on that comic post seems pretty dramatic. Have a sense of humour.

Also, stereotypes have to start from somewhere... the comic suggests the person blaming genetics on their weight issue.
    It is in a sense humourous because a lot of people blame their weight on genetics when its really themselves overeating everyday. I highly doubly the thousands upon thousands of people on this website are here ( however some are ) and overweight due to genetics... anyways, my 2 cents....think everyone needs to CHILL.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I think everyone needs to lighten up a bit. Yeah, being overweight / obese sucks. There is also a lot of harmful things that people say and do out there. But everyone raging on that comic post seems pretty dramatic. Have a sense of humour.

Also, stereotypes have to start from somewhere... the comic suggests the person blaming genetics on their weight issue.
    It is in a sense humourous because a lot of people blame their weight on genetics when its really themselves overeating everyday. I highly doubly the thousands upon thousands of people on this website are here ( however some are ) and overweight due to genetics... anyways, my 2 cents....think everyone needs to CHILL.

Some people find it incredibly difficult to just take things as they are; jokes.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I love the comment about the second girl that that is what normal healthy women look like. Umm no. I don't agree with fat shaming but there is also something wrong with encouraging unhealthy weights.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Oz6h0M2.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    ETA: There are plenty of lazy, glutenous thin people.

not if they are avoiding wheat.

quinoa-gluten_free_foods.jpg

ETA: perhaps you meant gluttonous???
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'd rather look like the chubby woman than that ripped couple in the image above her. Plus, her confidence is sexy! Both types of bodies look fine to me, but everyone has their preferences.
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    came for serious discussion about body shaming, stayed for the gifs.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    ETA: There are plenty of lazy, glutenous thin people.

not if they are avoiding wheat.

quinoa-gluten_free_foods.jpg

ETA: perhaps you meant gluttonous???

:flowerforyou: hehe, best thing to appear in this thread.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'd rather look like the chubby woman than that ripped couple in the image above her. Plus, her confidence is sexy!

strange statement on a weight loss forum !!!!!!!!!

dont people realise the couple above can lose that ripped lok in a day or two after a competition or photo shoot !!!
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options

hahaha right?

I actually get enough fat shaming/thin priv talk on tumblr.
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm thoroughly enjoying the intense arguments mixed in with the hilarious pictures and GIFs. Most dysfuntional thread ever!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I found the comment that the fit chick needs to "eat a sandwich" quite hilarious. She probably eats 3x more than those idiots calling her out.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    people have different body types, regardless of how much they exercise or what they eat. to some people, it's not a priority to look like a bodybuilder. And that's okay!!

But when people say all fat people are lazy, my morbidly obese self laughs. hysterically. as i work full time and put myself through school and ask for nothing from anyone.

i will never understand why people have to make themselves feel better at the expense of other people. that girl is a real, live, breathing person with a life and a personality. to have some random fool on the internet type some text over her, assuming how she is, is not okay. focus on YOU and don't worry about what anyone else chooses to do with their body. it's not your business.

:flowerforyou: YES!
  • obeseandsassy
    Options

hahaha right?

I actually get enough fat shaming/thin priv talk on tumblr.

one of the top three reasons i left tumblr. and i say this as a pretty serious fat activist.
This discussion has been closed.